Birthday girl Madison is a true rockstar at heart, so mommy Dana wanted to create a Totally Rad Rockstar Party for her daughters 3rd birthday! The pint-sized VIP guests dressed up in glam rockstar boas, shimmery pink hats and beaded necklaces and rocked-out on the “Sweet Beats” dance floor with inflatable guitars!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Multi-sized cupcake tower cake with star, microphone and music note fondant toppers
– “VIP Lounge” rock star beautification station + “Pink Carpet” and rockstar photo shoot backdrop
– Record sugar cookies and guitar shaped lollipops
– Guitar Pick Necklace Station + Guitar Creation Stations
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Dana…
My daughter Madison is a huge fan of music, dancing and all things sparkly so a Little Rockstar theme seemed like the perfect fit!! My vision for the party was to make it truly feel like a VIP event and that started with the invites and ended with the gift bags. The invites were designed to look like tickets to a special event and included hot pink VIP bracelets for the kids to wear.
After entering through the VIP entrance at our front gate (no paparazzi please!), little rock stars walked up a hot pink carpet and took pictures in front of a step and repeat backdrop designed by Send In the Clowns which included a custom logo in the party colors of hot pink, black and teal.
After getting their pictures taken, guests were able to decorate custom frames at a table stacked high with glittery embellishments like stickers, jewels and tons of glitz! From there, the kiddos headed further into the backyard to enjoy a host of other rockin’ activities…
– Guitar Pick Necklace Station: Kids decorated their very own necklaces made with guitar picks
– Guitar Creation Station: Kids covered giant paper guitars in colored poms, glitter glue and oodles of stickers!
– Sweet Beats Dance Floor: This was the one element my daughter specifically requested…a place to dance! I ordered a pint sized dance floor from a local rental company complete with a DJ spinning favorite kiddie tunes. Behind the dance floor I set up a backstage area with tons of instruments, everything from inflatable guitars to plastic maracas and tambourines and Paper Jamz drum sets so the kids could play along to the music.
– VIP Lounge: My daughter loves dress up and all things girly so I wanted to find a way to incorporate that into the theme without feeling forced, the VIP lounge was the perfect way! I stocked a rental cabana full of zebra striped ottomans and comfy pillows to lounge around on. The VIP lounge included a rock star beautification station where little partygoers could get a glitter tattoo or sparkly rock star manicure. There was also a dress up table stocked with bracelets, necklaces, sunglasses and sparkly hats. A rack of brightly colored boas provided the perfect finishing touch.
The dessert table included fun themed treats like sparkly cake pops, custom record shaped sugar cookies and guitar shaped lollipops. The piece de resistance was the cupcake tower cake by Blue Cupcake which included dozens of mini cupcakes topped with edible stars and microphones and a mini cake at the top featuring a custom fondant figurine of the birthday girl in all of her rock star finest! It was such a fun whimsical twist on the traditional cake!
This party was scheduled two weeks before I was due with our second daughter so planning ahead was essential. I learned that this is also a great way to keep things organized and cut down on costs. I started several months in advance so I had time to really comparison shop and stock up on things as I would find great deals. Once I settled on a theme and had worked out the party motif, I started my hunt for all of the fun little touches. The Target dollar aisle was definitely my best friend! It is a great resource for little embellishments for the activity tables as well as tons of little containers for everything from favors to desserts. I also realized that it is easy to reuse lots of things from party to party by customizing them just enough so they feel different and fit in with the theme. I purchased a few kids chairs and tables from Ikea for my daughter’s first birthday and have been able to use them every year…this year they were topped with sparkly pillows in the VIP lounge and after the party made their way back to the playroom. :)
– Custom Step and Repeat Backdrop Concept and Creation, Kiddie DJ, Party Performers: Send In the Clowns
– Custom Paper Goods (table signage, favor tags, centerpieces): Party On Designs
– Large Scale Decor Elements (shaped backstage backdrops, microphones, station signs): Playpatterns
– Desserts and Cake: Blue Cupcake
– Chair Backers: Mary Had A Little Party
– Invitations: Twinvitations
– Balloons: Balloon Emporium
– Event Photography: Jen St. John Photography
– Catering: California Pizza Kitchen