Aubrey of Bride Meets Wedding paired bold colors and patterns for a fabulous Retro Wedding with lots of crafty DIY details! She shows how a bold color combo like red and turquoise can make a fun statement white still retaining the classy look of a wedding celebration. For more bright color combo weddings click here and here!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Chic red & turquoise retro cake with bold polka dots & fondant flowers
– Vintage escort card bottles that double as party favors!
– DIY napkin ring flowers made from red tulle, blue felt, and a button center
– Signature blue cocktails served in mason jars with red stripey straws
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Aubrey…
Vintage is so in, and we wanted to showcase it with this year’s hot color combo – red and turquoise! This 1950′s inspired wedding shoot captured by Mentz Photography, let’s guests keep their escort bottle holders as a favor, and shows that not every bride needs a veil or long gown to still be a bride.
Our model stuck with us during this VERY hot photo shoot – showing off jewelry from Stella and Dot with Amanda James and hair/make-up from Opalus Salon and Spa. Our friends at Hand Pickd (Just For You) Floral helped give that pop of red with a gorgeous red rose bouquet and boutenierre. I absolutely loved throwing in some polka dots to give it a retro fun feel – from the table number and escort flags to the awesome cake created by Candle Ready Cakes! A growing trend I have seen with brides is using the cake as a centerpiece for the reception – cutting down costs and letting guests have their own dessert table in a sense.
Sitr up a signature blue or red cocktail and you’re good to go! Not only is this a great look for a wedding, but it can also be used as a bridal shower theme! It’s vintage, yet with a modern twist!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Planning & Design: Bride Meets Wedding
– Photography: Mentz Photography
– Cake Centerpiece: Candle Ready Cakes
– Hair by Amber Herbst and Make-up by Allison Schoepke: Opalus Salon and Spa
– Bride’s Bouquet and Boutonniere: Hand Pickd (Just For You) Floral
– Jewelry: Stella and Dot with Amanda James
– Model: Brittany Smith