Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

wishing cloud baby shower activity

Last but not least, here’s a quick overview of the themed activities from our Showered with Love Baby Shower: the “Wishing Cloud” station/keepsake gift for mom and the Valentine Manicure Activity, inspired by the cutest DIY manicure tutorial by Jenna Day.

Click here for more details on both of these activities + the coordinating FREE printables!

baby shower party activity ideas

WISHING CLOUD Activity/Keepsake Book for Mom:

pink baby shower free printables from hwtm

Concept: guest write well-wishes for mom and baby on raindrop shaped notecards then use mini clothespins to attach the messages to ribbons hanging from a felt or paper cloud (click here to download the wishing cloud printables):

baby shower wishing cloud

Keepsake book for mom to put the raindrop message cards in after the party:

glitter clothespins

pink girl baby shower 4x6 sign from hwtm

VALENTINE MANICURE Activity/Party Demo:

nail polish party

This mini glitter pacifier garland was one of my favorite details, and helped play up the “baby shower” vibe!

red and pink baby shower ideas

showered with love pink girl's baby shower party printables collection from hostess ink

20 responses to “Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}”

1. Jocelyn says:

This is just adorable.

2. Jenn ~ I LOVE this baby shower and all the printables!! You did a FABULOUS job with every little detail! You are such an inspiration!

3. Jackie says:

Awesome! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jackie

4. Jenelle says:

Can you send me the files so I can print these?! Love them!

5. breannabennett says:

I just LOVE the glitter pacifiers, they are so cute and festive. I was wondering if you could please post the vendor information for the pacifiers, and whether they were a DIY or not. I’d love to recreate these beauties for my own baby shower! Thank you so much for your time!

• alyssa says:

Thanks Breanna! We love using them too (We used them here too: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/03/operation-shower-a-star-is-born-hollywood-baby-shower-part-1-theme-decor/) We purchased them at Michael’s, you can also buy them at any craft store, and of course we added a DIY element :) We used spray adhesive, then dusted them with glitter, then to seal the glitter use a layer of laquer. Also, just a quick tip, this can make your hands extremely sticky so we recommend wearing gloves. Thanks for asking, good luck crafting and please upload an album after your baby shower- we’d love to see how it all turns out!!

6. breannabennett says:

Thank you so so much for getting back to me! It is greatly appreciated! Thank you for the invaluable tips and tricks, I will definitely sport some gloves. Thank you for the crafting luck, I would love to upload an album after the baby shower next month! Your website is amazing, and incredibly inspiring. You helped me create two beautiful baby showers for two of my dearest friends, I cannot thank you enough!

7. Sheila says:

We are using your collection for my baby shower next weekend and I would love to see the DIY for the clouds. I can’t find an article though. Do you know when it will be available? Thanks!

• alyssa says:

Hi Sheila, I am so sorry we haven’t posted this yet- you know how crazy things can get! We will do our best to get it up as soon as possible, however in the meantime, you can try to recreate these more organic clouds if you’d like: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/10/retro-rainbow-baby-shower-ideas-part-1/. Basically we cut out a piece of felt resembling the cloud shape we were looking for. Then grab handfuls of batting and form it on top of the felt. We then roughly sewed the batting to the felt. I personally helped make these and I literally have zero sewing experience. They were super easy and FAST, perfect for adding a last minute wow factor. Good luck and Congrats!

8. Lisha says:

Thanks Jennifer for the printables! I am doing the baby shower on Saturday, I will share pictures with you.

9. Joy says:

The fabric flowers are so cute :) were these DIY or did u purchase them from somewhere? It would be great if you could outline the process if they were DIY. I absolutely love this theme, you guys did a fabulous job!!!

10. Asia says:

I love the fabric you used for the flowers, did you purchase that fabric from michaels?

• jenn s. says:

Hi Asia –
      That’s fabric is actually a kids sheet set from Target :) It’s Circo brand and was $12.99 for 2 sheets, which was WAY less than you would pay for just a couple yards at a fabric store. I used the flat sheet as the backdrop for the brunch table and cut the fitted sheet up for the flowers, embellishment on some of the elephants, etc. I’m pretty sure they still have the sheet set – I saw it just a couple weeks ago at my local Target. :)

11. Maggie says:

I’ve been trying to download the printables for the wishing cloud activity. I’ve tried going to the first page and downloading but it’s not in those downloads. I’ve checked the shop and the etsy store and they’re not for sale on their either. I’ve scoured the internet and I can’t find those signs or anything like it. Everytime I click the free printable link on this page it says “this service is not available”. Anyone know where I’d be able to get them? thanks in advance