01 Oct

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Last but not least, here’s a quick overview of the themed activities from our Showered with Love Baby Shower: the “Wishing Cloud” station/keepsake gift for mom and the Valentine Manicure Activity, inspired by the cutest DIY manicure tutorial by Jenna Day.

Click here for full details on both of these activities + the coordinating FREE printables!

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

WISHING CLOUD Activity/Keepsake Book for Mom:

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Concept: guest write well-wishes for mom and baby on raindrop shaped notecards then use mini clothespins to attach the messages to ribbons hanging from a felt or paper cloud:

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Keepsake book for mom to put the raindrop message cards in after the party:

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

VALENTINE MANICURE Activity/Party Demo:

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

This mini glitter pacifier garland was one of my favorite details, and helped play up the “baby shower” vibe!

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

Showered With Love Baby Shower: {Part 3: Activities}

18Comments

Jocelyn SAYS:

This is just adorable.

Reply October 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

tonya SAYS:

love it!

Reply October 3, 2012 at 11:42 am

Jennifer ~ BellaGrey Designs SAYS:

Jenn ~ I LOVE this baby shower and all the printables!! You did a FABULOUS job with every little detail! You are such an inspiration!

Reply October 3, 2012 at 11:51 am

Jackie SAYS:

Awesome! Love it!
Thanks for sharing!
Jackie

Reply October 15, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Jenelle SAYS:

Can you send me the files so I can print these?! Love them!

Reply November 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Jenelle, go to the first post here for more details + all the free printables: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/10/hwtm-showered-with-love-baby-shower-baby-girl/

December 4, 2012 at 10:36 am

breannabennett SAYS:

I just LOVE the glitter pacifiers, they are so cute and festive. I was wondering if you could please post the vendor information for the pacifiers, and whether they were a DIY or not. I’d love to recreate these beauties for my own baby shower! Thank you so much for your time!

Reply January 7, 2013 at 10:59 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Thanks Breanna! We love using them too (We used them here too: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/03/operation-shower-a-star-is-born-hollywood-baby-shower-part-1-theme-decor/) We purchased them at Michael’s, you can also buy them at any craft store, and of course we added a DIY element :) We used spray adhesive, then dusted them with glitter, then to seal the glitter use a layer of laquer. Also, just a quick tip, this can make your hands extremely sticky so we recommend wearing gloves. Thanks for asking, good luck crafting and please upload an album after your baby shower- we’d love to see how it all turns out!!

January 8, 2013 at 9:22 am

breannabennett SAYS:

Thank you so so much for getting back to me! It is greatly appreciated! Thank you for the invaluable tips and tricks, I will definitely sport some gloves. Thank you for the crafting luck, I would love to upload an album after the baby shower next month! Your website is amazing, and incredibly inspiring. You helped me create two beautiful baby showers for two of my dearest friends, I cannot thank you enough!

Reply January 8, 2013 at 8:12 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Aww! Thanks so much Breanna, that made my day :)

February 7, 2013 at 8:31 am

Sheila SAYS:

We are using your collection for my baby shower next weekend and I would love to see the DIY for the clouds. I can’t find an article though. Do you know when it will be available? Thanks!

Reply February 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Sheila, I am so sorry we haven’t posted this yet- you know how crazy things can get! We will do our best to get it up as soon as possible, however in the meantime, you can try to recreate these more organic clouds if you’d like: http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/10/retro-rainbow-baby-shower-ideas-part-1/. Basically we cut out a piece of felt resembling the cloud shape we were looking for. Then grab handfuls of batting and form it on top of the felt. We then roughly sewed the batting to the felt. I personally helped make these and I literally have zero sewing experience. They were super easy and FAST, perfect for adding a last minute wow factor. Good luck and Congrats!

February 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

Lisha SAYS:

Thanks Jennifer for the printables! I am doing the baby shower on Saturday, I will share pictures with you.

Reply April 9, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Joy SAYS:

The fabric flowers are so cute :) were these DIY or did u purchase them from somewhere? It would be great if you could outline the process if they were DIY. I absolutely love this theme, you guys did a fabulous job!!!

Reply April 17, 2013 at 5:35 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Joy -
They were DIY – my friend Paige posted an AWESOME tutorial for them right here: http://www.paigesofstyle.com/2011/02/diy-fabric-flower-cupcake-topper.html Have fun! :)

Cheers,
Jenn

April 17, 2013 at 9:51 am

Asia SAYS:

I love the fabric you used for the flowers, did you purchase that fabric from michaels?

Reply April 17, 2013 at 8:55 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Asia -
That’s fabric is actually a kids sheet set from Target :) It’s Circo brand and was $12.99 for 2 sheets, which was WAY less than you would pay for just a couple yards at a fabric store. I used the flat sheet as the backdrop for the brunch table and cut the fitted sheet up for the flowers, embellishment on some of the elephants, etc. I’m pretty sure they still have the sheet set – I saw it just a couple weeks ago at my local Target. :)

April 18, 2013 at 7:15 am