I’m excited to share Part 2 of my Retro Rainbow Baby Shower theme today! This is the dessert table that matches the Tablescape & Party Decor posted earlier.
All of the desserts are homemade or “semi homemade” using store-bought ingredients like Mother’s Taffy Cookies and candy buttons. The tilted jello parfaits (inspired by this DIY from Loralee Lewis) matched the color blocked “BABY” letters so well and were my favorite edible detail! All of the printables from this theme are available here. I really had fun with this one and hope you love it too. :)
PARTY HIGHTLIGHTS to look out for…
– DIY “Disco Baby” roller skates embellished with sequins & buttons
– Vases embellished with candy buttons (basically huge candy dots!)
– Tilted Jello Parfaits with chevron stamped spoons from Sucre Shop
– Store-bought cookies dressed up with edible gold spray paint & candy buttons
– Color blocked wooden letters and shadow box stands
– Cloud shaped candy labels displayed in mini glittered baby bottles
DIY PROJECTS & DECOR:
– Instead of a tablecloth, the table featured a rainbow chevron pattern created from ribbon, as inspired by the book Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas.
– Big wooden letters from Michaels were painted half metallic gold, half color and displayed on wooden shadow boxes painted in the same fashion. The shadow boxes were also purchased at Michaels. Printable paper clouds reading “You are my sunshine, baby. You make me happy everyday.” were attached to the wooden letters with dowels.
– One of my white vases was embellished with big candy buttons and used as a stand for one of the printable signs (displayed in an embellished Ikea Tolsby frame).
– Acrylic cups were flipped upside down and used as “risers” for bowls of candy.
– Candy tags were hand cut into cloud shapes and attached to jars, bowls, and glittered mini gold baby bottles.
– Chevron print party favor bags were decorated with printable “Oh, Sugar!” tags and ribbon.
– Candy tubes were embellished with glittered wooden hearts and filled with petite cosmic rock candy.
TYPES OF CANDY:
– Gummy Lips
– Petite Cosmic Rocks Sweet Tart Candy Balls (used on table & in party favor bottles)
– Mega Candy Buttons
– Strawberry Tootsie Roll Frooties
– Big Gummy Lemons
(All candy was purchased at CandyWarehouse.com)
– Chocolate pillow cookies embellished with metallic gold Duff Edible Cake Graffiti + candy buttons
– Tilted Jello Parfaits (tutorial here) + stamped wooden spoons
– Homemade cupcakes with stripey straw & party circle toppers
– Mother’s Taffy Cookies embellished with yellow candy melts & candy buttons