This is no ordinary Halloween Party… it’s Big Easy style! Dorangela of Two Prince Bakery Theater concocted an AMAZING Adult Halloween Voodoo Party …down by the Bayou! With traditional Cajun fare and spooky Halloween accents, this party is just pure magic!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Skull shaped sugar cubes & spider floss (+ spider webs inside a giant balloon!)
– Black & white damask invitations with pops of bright green & fleur de lis accents
– Voodoo doll cookies in burlap favor bags with hand stitched hearts
– Cafe Au Lait garnished with a mini powdered sugar Beignet
– Eyeball gin and tonic jelly shots
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Dorangela …
I wanted to create a different Halloween theme and love New Orleans so I thought that a sophisticated voodoo party would be a lot of fun.
I chose black and white damask because it resembles the fleur de lis which is associated with New Orleans. The bright apple green adds a pop of color, and the burlap backdrop and accents add whimsy and great texture to dress it down a bit and play up the voodoo aspect! The simple paper punch garland tied our main colors to the plain burlap backdrop.
I worked very closely with all my vendors and all the printables, cups, napkins and even serving tray were made custom just for this party.
The burlap bags were fun to embellish with hand-stitched red felt hearts and held a voodoo doll cookie for each guest to take home. The amazing potion bottles also held treats for our guests to enjoy after the party.
Traditional Cajun foods were served such as Seafood Gumbo, Cajun seafood spread, Cajun deviled eggs and even freshly prepared beignets!
We created a signature drink the Voodoo Swamp Juice and our guests were able to take their custom cups home which had the recipe written on them! Further we had gin and tonic jelly shots in the shape of eyeballs served on my favorite egg drop soup spoons.
As you can see I had fun dressing up as a friendly voodoo queen, the only spell that was cast that night was a fun time for all!
– Styling: Two Prince Bakery Theater
– Photography: Susie Metzler Photography
– Custom cups, tray & napkins: Oh Goody Designs
– Paper details: Print Your Party
– Burlap bags: Garnish
– Tassel Garland: The Flair Exchange
– Voodoo doll cookies and skull cookies: Frog Prince Cookie and Cake Design
– Skulls Cupcake Toppers: Sugar Robot
– Potion Voodoo Bottle boxes: Piggy Bank Parties
– Cotton Candy Couture Cups (Spider floss): Dolly’s Cotton Candy
– Skull Bracelets: Waiting on Martha
– Topiaries and burlap wreath: Sweet Georgia sweet
– Filled balloons: Let’s get this party started
– Skulls Sugars: Austin sugar works