All decked out in black & white chevron stripes, the birthday girl is dressed to impress at her Missoni inspired celebration! Jill of Sunkissed Events and Design worked her magic on everything from the cupcakes to the floral arrangements for this adorable (and fashionable) Chevron First Birthday Party. I’m loving this color palette for fall celebrations too! :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Birthday girl” high chair back with assorted colorful ribbons
– Black & white chevron Birthday Girl off the shoulder dress and gold ballet flats
– Missoni purple cake displayed on an upside down Missoni serving bowl!
– Dramatic black vases with white hydrangea, spray roses & billy ball floral arrangements
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jill…
THEME & DECORATIONS
Our theme stemmed from the Sept 2011 shopping trip from the Missoni line launched at Target. The mother of the 1 year old and I racked up on tons of items before they were sold out in stores. In the planning process, we started choosing the main color palette and part of it was adding the pop of gold accents.
For decorations, I used the Missoni file folders, along with gold cardstock and cut circles to make the garland. We also used some tulle poms purchased from Etsy. We coordinated the linens with lavendar and plum.
On the guest tables, we used the lavendar linens, and a trio of black tall vases with fresh cut flowers which included white hydrangea, spray roses, and billy balls. I simply just spray painted clear glass cylinders with black spray paint. We set up a “photo-shoot” with the birthday girl in April to catch some shots for the table frames. We used a Missoni blanket that she sat on and gave her some birthday props such as gold and purple balloons and and zig zag #1. The photo shoot was lots of work for us, but we captured some great shots, which we used in gold frames on each table.
The birthday girl sat in a black high chair in which we used different ribbons to hang from the back, some in zig zag patterns to really give the feel of Missoni prints/patterns. And of course, it needed to have a Birthday Girl sign!
All signage was designed by Sunkissed Events, including the invitation.
FOOD & DESSERTS
For our lunch menu, the Cavalier did a great job serving veggies and dip, fresh fruit salad, mini sliders, french fry cones and macaroni and cheese. The adults could sip Purple Mojitos on the hot day. The children’s beverage station included Pink Lemonade with purple cups and black and white stripe straws.
For the dessert table, we used all types of Missoni serveware purchased from Target. Some serving bowls we turned upside down to use as stands for the cake stands. I also spray painted a cake stand gold. We had mini cupcakes that I made from scratch with coordinated colors, such as lavendar for vanilla, chocolate with vanilla which I sprayed with gold edible grafitti spray and chocolate covered strawberry.
We used Sweetopia for the homemade sugar cookies with Missoni decorations. We used the black and white chevron goodie bags, purchased on Etsy, and filled them with fresh purple cotton candy. We also had “Birthday Cake” popcorn served in gold cupcake liners. I made the popcorn and used coordinating gold, purple and black sprinkles. (It was delicious, I found the recipe on Pinterest!)
The cake for the birthday girl to smash was also inspired with the shades of purple in chevrons, made by Cake Delights.
– The favorite of the event was the Steel Drum player, Karston. The kids loved dancing to his music, especially the Birthday Girl!
– We also had an amazing face painter/balloon maker, which was a huge hit with the children.
In lieu of gifts for our birthday girl, we accepted donations to the Operation Smile Child Therapy Program. It was such a wonderful opportunity!
– Event Design & Planning, Cupcakes & Florals : Sunkissed Events and Design
– Photography: Radiant Photography
– Location and Catering: The Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club
– Cake: Cake Delights
– Missoni-inspired sugar cookies: Sweetopia
– Steel Drummer: Karston, One Love Carribean Steel Drum Band
– Face Painters and Balloons: A-1 Party Artists
– Birthday girl’s dress: Evabelle Baby on Etsy
– Birthday girl’s party hat: Party Accessories on Etsy