Step right up to the GREATEST Party on Earth! Inspired by Madagascar 3, Dina of Deliciously Darling Events wanted a vintage vibe that didn’t feel too commercial. Well, if you’ve seen Dina’s work before (here & here for example), it should come as no surprise that her Vintage Circus + Madagascar Inspired Party turned out extraordinary! I’m especially loving the cute and oh-so-cleverly named sweets, plus the adorable printables from Stephanie of Spaceships & Laser Beams!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Cute kids tablescape with circus ticket strip “table runners”
– Orange birthday cake topped with “The Greatest Party on Earth” paper rosette
– Rainbow “tight rope” licorice and “zebra” striped push cakes (alternating chocolate & vanilla)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Dina …
Step right up to a Madagascar 3 inspired Vintage Circus Party! I just love the Madagascar movies and my kids love them even more.
I wanted to find a way to do a Madagascar 3 inspired dessert table without going overly commercial. Since the movie revolved around the Madagascar gang joining an old European traveling circus, I knew that the Vintage Circus collection from Spaceships & Laser Beams would fit perfectly!
I couldn’t resist throwing in a few little characters (dressed up in their own polkadot circus wigs that I made out of left over pom poms). The desserts are mostly all homemade and I dressed up store bought desserts to look cute (homemade fondant toppers on store bought sugar cookies). The wonderful thing about homemade is that you never know unless you give it a try. My favorite part? The Polkadot Circus Cake!
– Styling, photography, cake, fondant, push-up pops, cake pops, etc: Deliciously Darling Events
– Printables: Spaceships & Laser Beams
– Straws, blank wooden spoons: Shop Sweet Lulu’s
– Tissue Garland used to decorate printables: Polkadot Market
– Tight rope stands: Pastry Pedestal