Christine’s darling nautical themed party for her daughter’s first birthday is seriously the sweetness! Pretty details like pink lemonade with blueberries, a precious pink cloud photo prop, & soft pink hearts put such a lovely, feminine twist on this popular theme. (So fun to see my printable sweets sign in there too!) And from the rock candy to the “sandy” marshmallow pops, the treats at this Sailor Birthday set the course for “sweet” sailing into the year to come! P.S. This look would also be perfect for a nautical bridal shower!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Adorable white birthday cake with fondant anchor, rope & soft pink hearts!
- Navy & white striped dessert table skirt + burlap table topper
- Handmade fabric pendant bunting banner
- A simple & sweet smash cake with pink & navy bunting
- Starfish, anchors & drift wood decor accents
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Christine…
The theme I chose for my daughter Emery’s first birthday party was a nautical one, focusing heavily on navy blue, white and dark pink.
Decorations included a “Sweet Shoppe” themed sweets and desserts table with a custom navy and pink cake with a fondant anchor, rope and hearts; a tier of strawberry cupcakes decorated with white frosting and pink and navy anchor decorations; glass jars filled with different candies (salt water taffy, pink and white frosted animal cookies, pink, navy and white hard rock candy sticks, pink, navy and white Hershey kisses, pink and white swirl lollipops accented with pink, navy and white sea glass in the bottom, pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and covered with pink, navy and white sprinkles); sugar cookies in the shapes of starfish and anchors with icing and white pearl sugar beads; marshmallow s’mores pops using the striped pink and navy paper straws; navy blue candy cups, accented with the pink anchor design, filled with pink and white M ‘n M’s; lemon bars dusted with powered sugar and also, fudge brownies.
Other decorations on the sweets table included handmade pinwheels in coordinating colors, starfish, a burlap tablecloth and extra large balloons in blue and white. Flanking the front of the table was a handmade fabric pendant bunting banner, with letters spelling out, “Emery’s Sweet Shoppe.” Another fabric bunting banner hung above the window.
Additional decorations included a table for drinks with a large glass drink dispenser and mason jars filled with pink lemonade and blueberries and striped paper straws in navy and pink, tied with pink rafeta bows. This table also sported classic brown paper bags, enhanced with a pink anchor decoration, designated to take home treats from the sweets table, and a pink-framed sign with directions for the sweets table.
- Photographs by: Melissa Barrick Photography
- Cake by: Susie McCullen (757.357.9721) of Cake-A-Licious
- Pink striped paper straws from Etsy: The Party Fairy
- Navy striped paper straws from Etsy: Bake Me a Party
- Anchor cupcake toppers/decorations from Etsy: 62 Cards
- Nautical-themed candy cups from Etsy: Giggle Bees
- Nautical girl’s birthday invites from Etsy: Ink Obsession Designs
- Nautical fabric from Etsy: Retro NaNa
- Nautical outfit, mason jars, glass drink dispenser: Target
- Metal cupcake holder: Michael’s
- Fabric: Joann’s Fabrics
- Headband: The Children’s Place