Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! This party is downright magical, but it wasn’t a fairy godmother’s touch – the credit for this one goes all to mom! Jennifer of Dear Lillie made her little Lola feel like Cinderella for the day by celebrating with this super cute Vintage Cinderella Birthday Party on – get this – a $50 budget! By focusing on creative paper decor (like fluffy tissue poms, glittery stars, and cute silhouettes of Cinderella & Jaq the mouse) – Jennifer managed to whip up a magic-slipper-of-a-party on a shoestring budget!
PARTY HIGHTLIGHTS to look out for…
- Homemade mini pink lace crown for the birthday girl
- “Magic wand” straws and Cinderella die cuts on milk glasses
- Glittered paper slippers and gowns hanging from branches lit with twinkle lights
- Giant “L” made from white cupcake liners
- Ceramic pumpkins spray painted white & embellished with vintage carriage labels
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jennifer…
For my daughter’s third birthday she wanted a pink Cinderella party so I decided to do that with a vintage twist and was able to keep it under $50 yet still gave it a very elegant feel!
I made the large cupcake liner L, as well as all of the silhouette cutouts of Cinderella herself, the glass slipper, the mouse, and the prince. I drew them myself based off of images I found and then used my silhouette machine to cut them on both cardstock (for the banner and hanging from the vine) and vinyl (for the mirror and plates).
I cut grapevine from the woods and displayed it over the arch with little white lights for an elegant feel. My mom made Lola’s long Cinderella skirt and got her the gloves (not sure where they are from) and we made her little pink crown.
We spray painted some old ceramic pumpkins white to add to the Cinderella theme and made a paper cake out of cardstock.
- Dress hang tags: The Porcelain Rose
- Tissue paper poms: Fiesta Pom Pom