Looking for a bridal shower that manages to marry all-things-feminine with some simple natural charm? You will be swept off your feet with this gorgeous Rustic meets Shabby Chic Bridal Shower brilliantly styled by Bre Kirkland! Knowing the bride-to-be is classy and cute, Bre set out to blend the two characteristics and incorporated things like beautiful floral arrangements and soft patterned papers tied with bits of burlap, sweetly kissed with pearls.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– DIY Paper Party Decor used throughout the shower
– Delicate pink cupcakes displayed on The Pastry Pedestal™
– Strips of burlap with pearls on the floral centerpieces
– Feathers and Lace to keep things sweet and feminine
– Custom-made monogram lollipops and suckers to match the occasion perfectly
– Pearls used in all aspects of the bridal shower decor
– “Can of Dates” Activity/Keepsake for the bride-to-be
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Bre…
The bride-to-be, Megan, is so classy and cute we decided to go with a pearl shabby chic theme for her big shower day. Her mother Laura approached me for ideas because her maid of honor/ younger sister lives in NYC. So I decided her mom and I would join forces and create this very chic and cute theme that is totally Meg’s personality. Meg and her mom are clients of mine and we became instant friends.
The decor was made by myself from all kinds of fun crafty things that Michaels has to offer.
The bride-to-be found the idea for a DIY “Can of Dates” off of Pinterest. Guests were provided with a small piece of paper and pen to write down a creative date idea. The ideas were folded up, placed in the can and the collection of dates was presented to the bride-to-be. Each weekend the couple can now pick one out and enjoy a creative night out together. Such a cute idea.
The dessert table was fabulous. The cake was vanilla flavored filled with cheesecake. Yummy! The lollipops were made by Vintage Confections and the chocolate covered Oreos were provided by Sweetiesbykim. The cupcake pedestal and bases are from The Pastry Pedestal™. Decorate to your liking and theme.
The food consisted of 4 salads I made; watermelon, caesar, asian and an antipasto salad. with your choice of chicken or shrimp. Fruit and cheese skewers as well as veggie skewers were served.
It was a beautiful, sunny day in Orlando. We drank lemonade and water with a toast of champagne, compliments of the mother of the bride-to-be.
The bridal shower was a huge success. The bride was suprised with her theme and all the details.
– Party Styling & DIY Decor: Bre Kirkland
– Photography: Ackerman Photography
– Food: Bre Kirkland and Krystal Arnoldsen (recipes from Jen Isham- a local culinary specialist)
– Cake & Cupcakes: Cake Couture
– Cupcake Stands: The Pastry Pedestal™
– Florals: Bay Hill Florist
– Lollipops: Vintage Confections
– Designer Oreos: Sweeties By Kim
– Decorative Papers: Michaels
– Fabric, Lace & Burlap Trimmings: JoAnn Fabric & Crafts