May the odds be ever in your favor! And if you’re looking to host a Hunger Games party, then they already are… because Holly of Simply Sweet Weddings is here with some amazing inspiration for you; check out the beautiful Hunger Games Bridal Shower that she styled! With gorgeous flame inspired floral centerpieces and menus styled like the book cover (not to mention the awesome location!) you’re sure to fall in love with everything, including “Katniss” herself. ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for…
- Panem “Capitol” inspired tablescape
- Fiery centerpieces with flowers, apples, and spray painted bird of paradise “flames”
- Ruffled “Girl on Fire” chair back and bow & arrow for the bride
- Homemade “Nightlock Berry Jam” Favors
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Holly…
Like many others, I am completely obsessed with The Hunger Games series! I fell in love with all of the books and of course saw the movie opening weekend. I really loved the way Panem, the capitol, was described in the book and I couldn’t wait to see how it would be represented in the movie. Another reason I love the capitol is because Katniss, the book’s female protagonist really comes into her own and shows no mercy in her will to survive, yet retaining her gentle and kind demeanor. The following pictures represent a stylized photo shoot of a bridal shower inspired by the capitol. The colors are red, gold and black and maintain modern elements throughout just like the book cover and movie. There are also pops of colored coil on the arrangements to pay homage to all of the bright colors the residents in the capitol wear.
- Dried Birds of Paradise: “color enhanced” red and orange to represent fire
- Field Tulips and Parrot Tulips: found this type of a variety as the pointed petals represented fire
- Carnations: used the petals from them as the texture represents fire
- Gloriosa Lillies: the color and shape of these flowers represented the fire
- Mango Calla Lillies, Yellow Kangaroo Paw Yellow Cymbidium Orchids
- Yarrow: to bring out fire color and more fiery textures
- Yellow, Orange and Red Roses
- Teal, Fuschia and Apple Green Flat Aluminum Wire
Stationery: (Invitation, menu, place cards) Similar design and fonts to the book style incorporating the phrase “may the odds be ever in your favor” an infamous line in the book, each place card listed which district that person was from.
The chiffon chair back was used for the bride’s chair to represent the flowing fire as Katniss is “the girl on fire”
The favors were homemade “nightlock berry jam” after the poisonous “nightlock” berries
Rue-barb pie was used in honor of the character Rue. Haymitch’s Rum cake was honor to that Haymitch’s character is a drunk. The candied apples with Cinnamon honor the character “Cinna”. In addition the dessert table as oreo truffles, chocolate covered pretzel rods and rice crispy pops.