In preparation for the upcoming school year, Jen Carver of Banner Events held an adorable (and super clever!) “Soaring to New Heights” party that’s full of great inspiration for an airplane birthday parties too. The coolest part? It was at the local airport! I’m loving the adorable, retro style printables by Birds Party too – how cute are those “Pilot Fuel” labels with the “propeller” straws?!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Boarding pass invitations
- Apples embellished with “In-Flight Snack” stickers + mini suitcases filled with peanuts!
- Flight themed placemats for coloring and “Flying Supplies” for crafting
- super cute 3-D airplane fondant cupcake toppers
- All the kids getting their wings :)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jen…
With the start of school and a new learning adventure right around the corner, it’s time to prepare for ‘take off.’ Help your little ‘flying ace’ get set to “Soar to New Heights” this school year with a fun back-to-school themed party that is sure to lift his/her spirits ‘up and away‘.
Heighten excitement by sending out adorable ‘First Class’ boarding passes, inviting little pilots-in-training to come spread their wings. Of course, learning passports will be needed as well, before travel. Once filled out, the sky is the limit.
It takes a lot of energy to keep ‘flying high.’ From ‘Baggage Claim’ little guests can pick up their new aviator lunch boxes filled with healthy in-flight snacks perfect for a day of navigating new territory. Pilot Fuel (water) and Jet Fuel Juice will keep them hydrated, especially with cute paper straws embellished with printable propellers sure to help quench even the deepest thirst. Granola bars with darling printable wrappers, airplane themed fruit snacks, sandwiches packed in airmail striped wax paper & apples with custom stickers should keep their bellies full & their minds on course!
DESSERTS & FAVORS
Add some fun themed treats to help imaginations soar. Propeller push-up pops filled with yogurt covered pretzels, up & away themed cake pops, cloud cupcakes topped with darling 3-D fondant planes, colorful flying ace cookies and a cake complete with a plane sculpted out of chocolate are just a few of the endless possibilities. Of course, kids are always excited about more snacks. Crackers were housed in darling school sized milk cartons labeled ‘Aviator Fuel,’ and pretzels were packaged in cute bags with coordinating ‘in-flight’ snack treat toppers. Little luggage favors were filled with peanuts–the traditional airplane snack!
SCHOOL SUPPLIES & ACTIVITIES
School supplies were dressed up for the learning adventure and included things like pilot flight log notebooks, propeller pencils, airplane erasers, glue bottles, and crayons embellished with pilot wing crayon wraps. Children practiced their take-offs and landings with DIY foam airplanes, decorated airplane coloring sheets & enjoyed checking out the airplane control panel in the cockpit. Of course, at the conclusion of their ‘flight training’ over at Thun Field, Pierce County Airport, each student received their official pilot wings from our resident pilot, David Thomas.
The kids loved the custom t-shirts, skirts and school bags personalized for their individual learning adventures for this coming year.
End the summer flying high into a new year of school!
- Complete event styling: Jen Carver of Banner Events
- Printable invitation and party décor: Bird’s Party
- Photography: A Fresh Take Photography
- Airplane: David Thomas of Thomas Aerospace
- Cake & cupcakes: 4 Kids Cakes
- 3-D airplane fondant cupcake toppers: Edible Details
- Cookies: Flour-de-Lis
- Cake pops: Oh My Cake! Bakeshop
- Custom skirts: SookeE Designs
- Custom applique shirts & school bags: Pocketbaby
- Paper straws & balloons: Toadally Cute
- Suitcase favors: Whimsical Printables
- Metal lunchboxes: Lunchboxes.com