Party inspiration can come from anywhere, and Stefanie of The Petite Soiree found it in a classic nursery rhyme this time! Her stylish take on a Humpty Dumpty Inspired Party is filled with great ideas for a charming – and wonderfully nostalgic! – baby shower or first birthday celebration.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– AMAZING paper mache humpty dumpty (sitting on a real brick wall!)
– Embellished bubble tin & crayon box party favors
– Fabulous yarn pom garland and coordinating party hat toppers
– Silver eggs, sweet cupcakes, fluffy marshmallows & more simple treats!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Stefanie…
I was inspired to do a Humpty Dumpy party because I absolutely love the nursery rhyme and thought it would be a great theme for a baby shower or children’s birthday party.
I really wanted to take an untraditional, yet chic approach to the party design. I chose to do a grass green, baby blue, teal, yellow and creme color scheme for the party, in hopes of keeping it fresh and airy. I used a natural burlap tablecloth and yarn elements like the pom pom garland and hats – to keep the feel very warm and tender similar to the elements in a baby’s nursery.
Pavers created the wall and many of the elements like the life sized humpty that can be repurposed into a child’s room or nursery so that the theme can live on everyday for the child. My biggest challenge was creating a life sized humpty dumpty that could sit on the wall for this party. Originally a local sculptor created a matching humpty out of ceramic but unfortunately it shattered in the kiln. I was very happy to have found an artisan who was able to create this twin version out of paper mache in the matching colors.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Event Design: The Petite Soiree
– Photography: Sella Photo
– Invitation: Easy Made Invitations
– Dessert Labels: Greyson Design
– Pom Pom Garland + Hats: Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
– Crayon Boxes, Push Pops + Bubbles Tins: Fancy That
– Paper Mache Humpty Dumpty: Yahidith of Wunderland