It’s hard to believe that summer is already winding down… and that school will be here before we know it! Here’s something that should help get your little ones excited for all the new adventures the school year will bring…
Giggles Galore dreamed up this incredibly creative Back to School “Book Worm” Bash, featuring adorable decorations and school inspired sweets. I’m especially loving all the clever ways she incorporated “apples” into the mix – from fondant apples and apple cake pops to treat containers topped with leaves and stems! There’s some great inspiration here for (edible) teacher appreciation gifts too. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Adorable fondant apple and book worm cupcake toppers
– HUGE flashcards for a fun “Class Photo” party prop (or for those special first day of school pics!)
– A healthy lunch with fruit cups & applesauce inside a brown bag “school lunch”
– “Apple” containers filled with red jelly beans + a paper leaf and stick “stem” sprouting from the top
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Mariah…
The carefree days of summer are coming to an end, but for school-aged kids a new adventure is just around the corner. Back-to-school means new friends, new teachers and new memories! Get your little ones excited about the new school year and celebrate with a Back to School Bash.
I set-up an old desk and bookshelf I borrowed from a friend to display the party treats and goodies. I served a traditional “school lunch” with items that were easy to make and budget friendly. We had PB&J sandwiches in decorated glassine bags, applesauce, fruit cups, milk, cookies, chocolate covered Oreos, and apple cake pops.
Capture a “class photo” of guest at the party and take individual photos of each child representing what grade they will be entering. I used the First Day of Kindergarten sign from the party package and put it into a decorative frame for each kid to pose with and create a memorable keepsake for mom. I also made oversized flashcards with the numbers that represent their first day of school.
Our guest went home with a brown paper sack full of goodies to start the school year off right. The bags were filled with an apple shaped notepad, crayons, and a sweet treat. They were also given a composition notebook and bookmark to use as a journal throughout the year.
Whether your child is starting kindergarten or they are a seasoned school pro throwing a Back to School party is an A+ idea!
– Event Styling: Giggles Galore
– Back to School Printables: Dimpleprints
– Photography: Elayne Dunn Photography
– Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Love & Sugar Kisses
– Apple Cake Pops: Heavenly Cake Pops
– Lollipops, Jelly Beans & Mrs. Fields Cookie Dough Delights: The Candyland Store