Shaina’s jar genius is back! As promised in our Desserts in Jars review from last week, here’s another fabulous recipe from the book – this time for the gorgeous-looking Lemon Blueberry Bread Pudding. Mascarpone cheese, blueberries, agave nectar, lemon zest, artisan bread, and more delectable flavors served in a cute little jar that you get all to yourself!
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDINGS
Makes 12 jars
– 1 pound rustic artisan bread, crusts included
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
– 3 cups whole milk
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– Grated zest of 1 lemon
– 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
– 3/4 cup heavy cream
– 2 teaspoons agave nectar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease twelve 8-ounce jars. Cut the bread into 1 1/2-inch cubes, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the sugar and mascarpone. add the milk, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat until evenly combined. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the bread cubes and stir until all the pieces of bread are completely soaked. Allow the bread to sit for 20 minutes.
4. Stir the blueberries into the pudding mixture and immediately spoon into the jars, filling each only half full. Place the jars on a large baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the tops of the puddings are evenly browned. Remove from the oven, set on a clean, dry towel, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Just before serving, pour the cream and agave nectar into a lidded jar and shake to combine. Drizzle over the top of the bread puddings and serve.