Kerry of Simply Sweet Parties knows just how to keep a group of 6 year old boys happy: plan a Lego Star Wars Party filled with imporant “missons”, a visit from a storm Trooper & a build-it-yourself Ice Cream Bar! I just love the combination of Lego and Star Wars themes here… it’s so fun to get creative and design a theme that really caters to the one you’re celebrating!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Yoda & Light Saber fondant cupcake toppers
– Build A Sundae bar with “wookie cookie crumble”, “cloud 9 puffs” & “Hans Rolos”
– A DIY Death Star and star-studded backdrop
– Thirst quenching “Vader-ade” to drink and “Princess Lays” to munch on
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Kerry…
Like most 6 year old’s my son LOVES Lego – and Star Wars in particular. This is such a fun theme to do; with 6 movies there is so much inspiration to pull from. I started by taking some pictures of his Legos. I built his name with Legos, and placed some figurines around it. I used the images for his invitation, wall art, and cupcake toppers and signs.
I knew my son and his active friends, would need lots of games to keep them busy, and probably wouldn’t stop for food. So I scheduled the party in the late afternoon and kept the menu simple with “princess lays” to snack on, “vader-ade” to drink and an ice cream bars for their treat. The main focus of the party was games. I set up a series of “missions” that ended with an award from a real storm trooper.
– Mission 1: Find Darth Vader Scavenger Hunt
– Mission 2: Build a Lego attack cruiser
– Mission 3: Lego Bingo. I used clip art from the photo graphs I took, plus various clip art around the web.
– Mission 4: Storm Trooper Shooter; I set up Lego figurines on supersized Lego bricks (boxes wrapped with brightly colored paper) they took turns using there Nerf guns for target practice.
– Mission 5: Battle Darth Sisters. I set up some “Lego bricks” to jump over and tubes to crawl through. My daughter and her friends (aka The Darth Sisters) battled the Jedi’s after every obstacle. This game was a huge hit.
– Mission 6: Build a Sundae at the Mos Eisley Cantina. The sundae bar was the focus of the décor. I paper-mache a huge death star to hang over the table. Sundae toppings were given fun names to keep with the theme.
– Favors included left over sundae treats, star wars bobble heads, and homemade light sabers