Oh. My. GOODNESS. Talk about charming! Louisa from The Little Big Company took inspiration from Enid Blyton’s book The Magic Faraway Tree to create this whimsical, artistic, and downright MAGICAL birthday celebration for her daughter. What a treat for these pint sized party guests to get whisked off to the Lands of Topsy Turvy, Toys, Dreams & more for the day! I invite you to scroll down and do the same. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– An AMAZING cake by Just Call Me Martha – featuring Moonface, the Saucepan Man & Silky the Fairy
– Treasure hunt to to find fairies around the Enchanted Garden
– Creative gnome & fairy terrarium centerpieces
– Party hats trimmed with fabric, berries, and flowers
– Gorgeous handpainted cookies that look like mini watercolor paintings!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Louisa…
This party was for my daughter Clementine’s 2nd Birthday, it was based on inspiration from Enid Blyton’s book The Magic Faraway Tree, the book is based around children entering a tree where lots of interesting characters live and on top of the tree different worlds appear (The Land of Dreams, The Land of Topsy Turvy, The Land of Spells, The Land of Dreams, The Land of Do-as-you-please, The Land of Toys, The Land of Goodies, The Land of the Old Woman who Lives in a Shoe, The Land of Magic Medicines, The Land of Tempers, The Land of Presents).
I wanted to create a whimiscal feel to the party where the kids were full of wonderment, we made and painted alot of the props, borrowed a tree from our friends and hung beautiful softies on it.
On the table there was toffee shocks, google buns (like the book), Magic Faraway Tree puddings. Leoni from Just Call Me Martha made the beautiful cake, she really created a cake which had so many enchanting elements, it had a little lemon door which matched Loralee Lewis’s invitation she did for Clementine’s birthday, the cake had all the characters from the tree living in it, Silky the fairy, Moonface, the Saucepan man, the detail was amazing, she gave the cake as a present to Clementine for her birthday. She printed a beautiful edible image on the cookie which we found from Blossom Time Creations on etsy. Spoon and Fork cookies: Another friend (Denin) Made the most beautiful cookies for Clementine which were handpainted, the tree with the ladder, the gnomes etc.
Our gorgeous friend Liat from Lee Bird Photography captured the special moments on the day, the kids had a Magic Faraway Tree treasure hunt where they had to find special fairies around the Enchanted garden. We painted an old wishing well white and Liz our friend from Velvet Lily Florist made an enchanted garden for us. I worked with a blue, red polkadot and pink theme, an inspired Cath Kidston look.
I made Gnome and Fairy terrariums for the kids table with moss and little gnomes and mice.
– Styling & all party products (glass jars, beverage dispensers, cake stands, etc.): The Little Big Company
– Cake & Sweets: Just Call Me Martha
– Tree & gnome cookies: Spoon and Fork
– Party paperie: Loralee Lewis
– Dresses: Little Lou Lou handmade
– Softies on the tree: Flowers, Frills, Buttons & Bows
– Flowers: Velvet Lily Florist
– Photography: Lee Bird Photography
– Fabric bunting: Little Kitten Handmade
– Cookie design with toadstool & silky the fairy: Blossom Time Creations
– Tablecloth: Vintage Sew and So
– Fabric Backdrop & personalized favor bags: Love JK
– Hats & party favors: Prop Shop Boutique
– Huge Lolly bags for the fairy & treasure hunt: My little blue designs
– Pom Pom Wands: Pom Pom Princess
– Fabric bunting: Little Kitten Homemade