It’s no small feat, but Jennifer created a super fun First Birthday Pinwheel Party for her adorable twins: Cason & Avery. As if having twins isn’t enough of a challenge, take a whirl at planning a boy/girl twins first birthday party! I love how Jennifer was able to incorporate gender neutral pinwheel elements throughout her party, but still convey a very personal feel.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Color coordinating and matching outfits for the birthday girl and boy
– Detailed pinwheel cookies on a stick
– DIY Bubbles courtesy of HWTM
– Simple, yet sweet Pinwheel Girl and Boy Cake Smash Cakes
– Stylish Pinwheel Party Printables in gender neutral colors perfect for anyone
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jennifer . . .
I initially had trouble finding inspiration for a boy/girl twins party. Outside of the typical Dr. Seuss “Thing 1 and Thing 2″ theme, there really wasn’t much out there that featured unique ideas for boy/girl twins’ first birthdays. I decided I would aim at trying to find something that was gender neutral that I could incorporate both a boy and girl color scheme. For some reason a pinwheel theme stood out, maybe because their birthday is in May and it creates a summer feel or maybe just because there is SO much you can do with it!
Jessica, from Modern Moments Designs, was helping me with my four year old’s Rockstar Party at the time; when I emailed her my idea she loved it and I was sold! I struggled at first with the color palette because I wanted something different from the basic pastel and primary colors. When searching for ideas most invitations and party packages favor one gender which makes it so tough! Jessica and I decided to use the outfit that my daughter Avery would be wearing to the party as inspiration. We pulled the coral, the dark blue, lime green and added a touch of light blue and light pink to make up our Pinwheel Party Palette!! This is what I LOVED about this party; it brought in a touch of girl but completely worked for a boy too!!
At this point in time I left the designing up to her and I started coordinating with other vendors to help make Cason and Avery’s first birthday so special. Everyone I worked with did an incredible job at taking our color palette and creating such amazing details that made this party stand out!
Here’s a BIG thanks to all the vendors that helped make our twins first birthday so memorable! Thank y’all!!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES
– Invitations, Straw Flags, Thank You Tags and Candy Bag Labels: Modern Moments Designs
– Pinwheels, Pinwheel Cupcake Toppers, Cupcake Liners: Shana at Pinwhirls
– Pinwheel Cookies: Renee at Bee Knees Creative
– Fondant Pinwheels: Charynn from Two Sugar Babies
– Stripey Straws and Favor Bags: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Tissue Poms: Sweet and Savvy Designs
– Bubbles: DIY Tutorial from HWTM
– Photography: Amanda Green Photography