Amy from A Dazzle Day & Amy L.B. Photography came up with – and made – so many incredible DIY details for her son’s Dinosaur Birthday Party! Does any of it look familiar? Amy found lots of inspiration from another fabulous dinosaur party that we featured a while back, as well as some other crafty bloggers she graciously mentions below. I love all the fun ideas and additions she came up with to really make this party her own though… and I have to say these are some of the most adorable homemade photo booth pics ever!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Super cute party hats embellished with buttons, rickrack & pom poms
– A homemade dinosaur piñata (that honestly looks professional!)
– Handmade dinosaur tail, finger puppets & felt mask props for an amazing photo booth
– Huge dinosaur egg shaped yarn balls hanging above
– Adorable homemade T-Rex fondant cake topper (with a link to the DIY Tutorial!)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Amy…
This is the first party I had put together that involved so many DIY projects. I tried to incorporate dinosaur into everything in the party. It’s a true dino party that roars your world. I had so much fun and was thrilled that all the kids had a great time, especially my little Lucas. Roar!
– Marshmallow Pops
– Caramelized popcorn
– Chocolate cake and cupcakes with Vanilla icing
– Veg sticks and hummus dip
– Dinosaur open sandwich
– OJ & Milk
I had so much fun making these bags and photographing them. They turned out really nice and I added a name tag on each bag for the kids so at the end of the party, they get to go and find their very own favor bags.
Photo booth is the most fun! Kids wearing the dinosaur tails I made and putting on the dino noses and puppets on their fingers. They roared for me and jumped around as little dinos! I loved it! Of course there were some shy little dinos too.
Crayons, glue sticks, pom poms, buttons, wiggly eyes, dino coloring paper, dino cutouts.
The kids are so creative and they had a great time at the craft table. Artworks from kids are just priceless!
DINO SKELETON HUNT
We hid 20 dino skeletons away and asked the kids to find all and put them in the basket. They had to work together to find all of the skeletons in order to win a dino egg prize. This way, everyone wins!
This is the first pinata I have ever made & I enjoyed it so much. This is the one project that i am very proud of!
– Dinosaur tails: Inspired by tatertots & jello
– Personalized favor tote bags: Inspired by Turtle Crafty Girl
– Hanging dinosaur eggs: Inspired by Turtle Crafty Girl
– Dinosaur pinata: Inspired by Rosy Creations
– Popcorn cones & stand: Inspired by Turtle Crafty Girl
– Pom-pom lollipop stand: Inspired by One Charming Party
– Fondant dinosaurs cake topper: Inspired by A Baked Creation
– Felt birthday boy crown
– Photo booth banners
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Party Styling: A Dazzle Day
– Photographer: Amy L.B. Photography
– I-Spy quilt: Designed and made by quilt artist Kathleen Bissett
– Dino party & mini cake banner: Sassy Photo Creations
– Dino party hats: Wants and Wishes
– Dino cupcake toppers: Bakers Bling Shop