Even though this is a first birthday party, I’m pretty sure this vibrant Chevron & Polka Dots theme would make birthday girls of all ages very HAPPY. :) And with its candy-licious color palette and modern styling, “happy” is the perfect adjective to describe this sunny celebration!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Fabulous (& budget-friendly!) zig zag streamers made from scrapbook paper
– Chevron-bedecked cotton candy buckets
– Sweet dessert table backdrop featuring framed pics of the birthday girl
– Age-appropriate kid favors like personalized sippy cups for the tiniest party guests
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jill…
The theme of daughter’s 1st birthday party was, teal and white chevron with yellow and white polka dots and splashes of hot pink.
For the back drop of the cake table, I used photos from mile-stones in my DD life One Week, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Years old in polka dot frames. The food table back drop, I made zig zag streamers from 12×12 scrapbook paper.
I served a staple lunch with sandwiches from Firehouse Subs, veggie sticks, fruit kabobs, and chips and goldfish.
Each Child was sent home with an age appropriate party favor. The older kids received a personalized sand bucket filled with sidewalk chalk, a water gun, gold fish, and more. The babies (one year and younger), received personalized sippy cups with light up rubber duckies. Each person at the party also received cotton candy buckets with matching chevron and polka dot labels.
– Photographer: Wendy Updegraff Photography
– Cake: Love & Sugar Kisses
– Invites: Oh Suzy- Q Designs
– Chevron Bags and Party Supplies: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Flowers: Deerwood Florist
– Cotton Candy: Papa John’s Peanuts