Colorful Chevron & Polka Dots First Birthday Party

candy coated chevron and polka dot dessert table

Even though this is a first birthday party, I’m pretty sure this vibrant Chevron & Polka Dots theme would make birthday girls of all ages very HAPPY. :) And with its candy-licious color palette and modern styling, “happy” is the perfect adjective to describe this sunny celebration!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– Fabulous (& budget-friendly!) zig zag streamers made from scrapbook paper
– Chevron-bedecked cotton candy buckets
– Sweet dessert table backdrop featuring framed pics of the birthday girl
– Age-appropriate kid favors like personalized sippy cups for the tiniest party guests

DIY rainbow chevron party backdrop

hot pink chair with pink yellow teal birthday crown

candy coated chevron and polka dot party invitation

chevron first birthday party - chevron birthday girl outfit

candy coated chevron and polka dot birthday cake

chevron party cotton candy favors and buckets of gifts

colorful and bright chevron birthday party dessert table

chevron party with colorful zig zag streamers

veggie sticks with ranch dressing in party cups

chevron first birthday party outdoor games

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jill

The theme of daughter’s 1st birthday party was, teal and white chevron with yellow and white polka dots and splashes of hot pink.

BACKDROPS

For the back drop of the cake table, I used photos from mile-stones in my DD life One Week, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Years old in polka dot frames. The food table back drop, I made zig zag streamers from 12×12 scrapbook paper.

I served a staple lunch with sandwiches from Firehouse Subs, veggie sticks, fruit kabobs, and chips and goldfish.

FAVORS

Each Child was sent home with an age appropriate party favor. The older kids received a personalized sand bucket filled with sidewalk chalk, a water gun, gold fish, and more. The babies (one year and younger), received personalized sippy cups with light up rubber duckies. Each person at the party also received cotton candy buckets with matching chevron and polka dot labels.

VENDOR CREDITS:

– Photographer: Wendy Updegraff Photography
– Cake: Love & Sugar Kisses
– Invites: Oh Suzy- Q Designs
– Chevron Bags and Party Supplies: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Flowers: Deerwood Florist
– Cotton Candy: Papa John’s Peanuts

30 responses to “Colorful Chevron & Polka Dots First Birthday Party”

1. Mandi Misfit says:

how do you make the zig zag streamers from scrapbook paper? I NEED to do this!

2. This party is amazing from the colors to the zig zag streamers – perfection! Love those keep calm napkins too, totally saw them at Target the other day! :)

3. Sonya says:

For the ladies inquiring about the streamers, Jordon from “Oh Happy Day” has a tutorial for these:

4. Ok, there are entirely too many things tonight on this site making my uterus flip for a girl!

5. Brandy Baker says:

Jill! It's georgous.

6. Megan Altman says:

What kind of material did you use of the backdrops???? If you dont mind me asking.

7. Jill says:

They are Flat Sheet that i bought from Wal-mart for $5.00. They come in almost every color you could need. just folded the top and made a rod pocket.

• Rebecca Reich says:

Where did you get that chevron print dress??? I love it! Would love to have one for my daughter.

8. Lisa says:

Where did you find that darling chevron print dress? I love it!

9. Kelly says:

Where are the label linens from????

10. […] another FAB post from the Hostess blog… with chevron prints AND polka dots.  So, so […]

11. C says:

I am in love with this idea!! Where did you find her adorable dress?

12. […] from the Hostess Blog, a GORGEOUS chevron and polka dot party… I’m just in awe of this cake… and everything else about the […]

13. Selina says:

Yes please tell us where you found that dress? It’s fabulous, just what I’ve been looking for.

14. Peggy says:

Can i ask where you found the keep calm napkins. I’ve been looking everywhere.

15. Kiara Kohn says:

Where can I find the candy and that matches the color theme!?

16. alexandria mckee says:

Where did you find the place cards for the tables, and the stickers for the snack bags?

17. […] party inspiration came directly from this Chevron & Polka Dots Party shared over at Hostess with the Mostess.  She loved the colors and the cake… but she also asked me to add in some different elements […]

18. Franca ElHibir says:

Where is the chevron print dress from? Adorable!!!!

19. Sarah says:

Please tell us where you got the dress!!!

20. Shana says:

Jill where can I find the dress? Your party pics look amazing!

21. […] Chevron polka dot birthday cake via blog.hwtm.com […]

22. Raquel says:

How did you hang up the backdrop with the fabric? what kind of rod did you use? Also, did you sew the pocket rod?

23. Kara Burningham says:

Where did you get the cute labels for the cotton candy?

24. Martha Fendt says:

I absolutely ADORE this theme!!! The colors, decorations, everything is totally what I’ve been looking for, but I never would have been able to put it all together like this-what an amazing job! I hope you are in the party planning business, if not, it’s definitely your calling! My daughter is turning 3 in June & I have been toying with the idea of having her party at this really cute/cool candy shop that does parties-the kids make their own cotton candy, they do arts & crafts using candy, lots of fun stuff. I’m not a big fan of sweets at such a young age & I do worry that maybe some of the parents of her preschool classmates might not LOVE it, but I figure it’s a special day. The place offered to decorate the party room for me, but I want to do it myself she this is just perfect!!!!! Would you be able to tell me where you purchased those napkins & that awesome hot pink chair? Where did you find all this great stuff, come to think of it? I’m going to put my own spin on it by adding some leopard decor too. I just cannot get over how perfect all this is for where im planning on throwing the party! Sorry, I went on a mini tangent, but yes if you could tell me where to find those great napkins & that chair, I would really appreciate it! Not sure how this site works but my email address is [email protected]….thank you in advance! And hey if you have any awesome ideas for her fathers upcoming surprise 40th I’m attempting to put together last minute by May 23rd, feel free!!! :) really hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

25. Sherree King says:

Hello! I was wondering where you found the tablecloths

26. sarah says:

Looks great!

27. […] Polka Dots are always in fashion and yellow polka dots make great birthday party theme. Check them at Hostess with Mostess blog […]

28. Anu says:

Nice them – good presentation of polka colors. cute child too :)