My heart just melted when I saw this charming, burlap & hearts bedecked Rustic Couples Shower by Andressa of Twinkle Twinkle Little Party… everything about it is so sweet and down to earth! I love how burlap and twine were used to add rustic charm to the vases, mason jars, mini cake bunting & more. Speaking of burlap, it’s become so popular for parties these days! We’ve seen it grace everything from ruffled backdrops to table runners to wrapped favors lately. What clever ways have you seen it used?
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Mini burlap cake bunting grounded with twigs & jute
– Milk and cookie shooters displayed on a “tree stump” platter
– Water bottle labels with “love facts” on the back
– Darling straw flags with the couples initials in mini hearts!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Andressa…
I had the pleasure to style a Rustic Couple Shower honoring a sweet couple in the Tampa Bay Area. It was so much fun working on this event considering it would be my very first Couples Shower I was going to style.
The bride’s best friend decided they were going to bake some of the desserts and buy from local bakeries. We decided on a Rustic Romantic theme. I first designed the invitation – brown, yellow and a sage green palettes, heart pattern with a rustic vintage feel. From there I designed all of the other printables such as, water labels, thank you tags, chocolate bar wrappers, cupcake toppers, etc.
– Milk and cookie shooters + mini chocolate pops I placed on a piece of tree bark;
– Mini fruit tartelettes
– Fudge brownies
– The cake (I made the bunting using coordinating paper, twigs, jute twine and burlap. It added such a cute touch to the cake.)
– Vanilla cupcakes with fun cupcake toppers
– Chocolate cake pudding in jars + fun wooden spoons
– Chocolate chip cookies
– Chocolate Vanilla meringue cookies
We incorporated a vintage heart frame, mason jars and clear vases wrapped in burlap, crates, tree barks, flowers, a wooden key, rustic vases to complete the rustic theme. I also put together a mini rustic tree using branches, burlap, a clear vase and pinto beans – so fun and inexpensive! The guest wrote heartfelt message on heart cut outs. We hung the hearts with wooden clothespin on the tree. At the end of the party, we collected the hearts and put them in an envelope for the couple to read together.
As take-home favors, I designed fun chocolate bar wrappers for large Hershey’s bars. I wrapped them and attached a monogrammed heart to each one. The guests also could take home mason jars with fresh flowers.
I hope you enjoy this Rustic table as much as I enjoyed putting everything together!
– Event styling & Photography: Andressa Hara from Twinkle Twinkle Little Party
– Brownies, Tartelettes, Mini Chocolate Pops, Cookies: local bakery
– Cake, chocolate cake pudding in jars and vanilla cupcakes: bride’s best friend
– Wooden spoons and brown paper straws: In the clear