Malu Boutiques (a mom & daughter team) had a very special birthday party to throw for a very special guest of honor: their daughter/granddaughter – Sam! Inspired by her love of Tinkerbell, a Tinkerbell Party was the obvious choice… and they truly sprinkled on some styling magic for this fairytale-of-a-party that brought a gorgeous “Backyard Pixie Hollow” to life for Sam and her friends!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Tree centerpieces flanked with birdhouses and glittery fairy silhouettes
- An INCREDIBLY detailed desserts & decor table. Click here to see if full size!
- Flower-bedecked cake pops displayed on tree stump “pedestals”
- A Captain Hook themed table for the boys – complete with chair hooks & pirate hats!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Maylene…
My daughter loves the princesses but her favorite is Tinkerbell she stays so quiet while watching her movies (If you knew Sam you would know what I mean she turned 3 going on 20 she can talk you ear off). We wanted to recreate a Pixie Hollow theme so that she could feel as if she was there.
The entrance was adorned with real tree trunks where entering guests could sign Sam’s scrapbook and pick up their wands and wings then head over to the hollow.
The girl’s table had a forest look with the tree centerpiece being the focal point each of the chairs had an organza bow with a different fairy attached except, for the birthday girl – hers had Tinkerbell. As for the boys, we created a Captain Hook table we accented their chairs with hooks, and made pirate hats for them to wear.
The children had a blast playing in the tree house and swings, afterwords they made their take home gifts the girls colored fairy pictures while the boys made foam sword it was a good time had by all.
My husband’s work bench was used to create the Pixie Hollow with all the fairies, flowers, animals, tree trunks, and of course the food and goodies. Below is a list of the extremely talented group of ladies that made my vision come full circle:
- Sweet Treats by Cristy created the beautiful fairy house cake as well as the cupcakes.
- Sugar fancies was a new find for us- we went to her shop and were totally amazed from the decor of their store to the incredible cake pops, apple tarts, chocolate covered oreos, and macaroons.
- Renee from Dainty Delights created the sensational and as always astonishing cookies.
- The wonderful fairies were created by the talented Mimi café Union.
- CakesAndKids.com sells the push pop containers that my father-in-law filled with his homemade guava & banana mousse.
- The Purple Pug created the glittered bunting banners, lady you rock!
- Tini Posh created the wonderful outfit that my little fairy wore, when she saw it she put her hand on her mouth and said oh my God (I think she liked it).
- ElleBelle Couture created the beautiful headbands that my little Fairy and I wore.
- incrEDlBLEtoppers made the outrageous rice paper butterfly toppers; what a talented lady I take my hat off to you.
- allaprimadesigns created these wonderful fondant flowers that we placed on top of the macaroons- they were amazing.
- To finish my little fairy’s outfit this talented amazing lady created the perfect shoes, she doesn’t want to take them off! Bedazzle My Bon Bons do I need to say more, this lady’s creations will blow you away (we already ordered for my sons birthday in July).
- Lynlee’s Petite Cakes also created amazing fondant butterflies.
- Jill from Peas & Thank You’s whenever I call on her all I have to say is a character or a theme and she knows right away to come up with something wonderful like the entrance sign leading to the party!
- Debra from Titi’s Tutu for creating the beautiful tulle pom poms that gave the ceiling the perfect touch.
- My future sister-in-law Elizabeth for sewing the banner.
- My husband Jorge for creating from scratch the cake stand and all the wood platters plus everything else he did the list is too long!
- My MOM for being the other half of Malu Boutiques that helped me make and put together every decoration in this and every other party that we have done.
- Invitations, Designing and Styling: Malu Boutiques
- Photography: Santy Martinez
- Tinkerbell’s house cake and cupcakes: Sweet Treats by Cristy
- Cake pops, apple tarts, chocolate covered Oreos, and macaroons: Sugar fancies
- Sugar Cookies: Dainty Delights
- Fondant Fairies: Mimi café Union
- Push pop containers: CakesAndKids.com
- Mini bunting banners: The Purple Pug
- Tinkerbell tutu outfit: Tini Posh
- Headbands: ElleBelle Couture
- Rice paper butterflies: incrEDlBLEtoppers
- Fondant flowers on macaroons: allaprimadesigns
- Tinkerbell shoes: ShesSoCraftyGoods
- Glittered bon bons: Bedazzle My Bon Bons
- Mini butterflies: Lynlee’s Petite Cakes
- Entrance sign: Peas & Thank You’s
- Tulle pom pom: Titi’s Tutu