Cris from Crissy’s Crafts whipped up this adorable Aqua Dandelion Party with for her daughter’s birthday, complete with super stylish dandelion-inspired decorations and activities. I love how she played up the “birthday wishes” concept with this clever dandelion theme! Also loving how modern & inviting this entire party looks – from the tented backyard marquee area (so fun!) to the dandelion themed dessert and favor tables.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Amazing “dandelion silhouette” sugar cookies + favor table backdrop
- Creative party activities like “dandelion art” and bracelet making
- Stylish homemade decorations like a cool yarn covered “birthday wreath”
- Fantastic favors in a mini stenciled canvas purse that Cris explains how to make below!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cris…
Inspired by dandelions on an open field, with a color scheme of aqua and white, I created a whimsical make a wish birthday party for my daughter’s 9th Birthday. Dandelions were the focus of this party with lots of DIY crafts and decorations.
- Cupcake toppers
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Dandelions Marshmallow
- Cake Pops
- Jello treats
I used photo boxes with dandelion print on them to display the dandelion marshmallows and cake pops. I wanted to create the feeling that they were in a real dandelion field.
The focal point on the dessert table was the backdrop that was made out of foam board covered with fabric and I added the WISH banner from Bird’s Party Make a Wish collection.
I wanted to create a magical escape for the girls to enjoy their treats, make crafts and just simply enjoy each other’s company. Using white fabric strips, fishing line and the trees as poles, I made a marquee in the back yard where I set up a table on the grass and used pillows as chairs. I decorated the marquee with DIY poms and paper lanterns.
Each girl received a stenciled mini canvas purse with a notebook and puff ball pen, a puff ball hair clip and an artist apron.
- Birthday Wreath: foam wreath, yarn, paper flowers and cupcake toppers from Bird’s Party Make a Wish collection.
- Dandelions displayed on the dessert table: simply hot glue white feathers to a round styrofoam and glue the foam into a floral wire.
- Make a Wish Wood Sign: I used different sizes and fonts of letter stencils to create the Wish sign.
- Favors table backdrop: Painted dandelions on postboards glued to a foam board.
- Dessert table backdrop: made out of foam board covered with fabric and I added the WISH banner from Bird’s Party Make a Wish collection.
- Marquee: using white fabric strips, stapler, tape,fishing line and the trees as poles.
Each girl made a bracelet with a butterfly charm and painted their own dandelion masterpiece to take home.
Girls ate pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, veggies and french fries.
- Styling and Photography: Crissy’s Crafts
- Party Printables: Bird’s Party
- Cupcake toppers: Edible Details
- Chocolate Covered Oreos: Sweet Temptations
- Dandelions Marshmallow: The Marshmallow Studio
- Cake Pops: The Gourmet Pop
- Cookies: Sugar Dreams
- Wish Tee and Flower clip: Three Little Bows
- Lanterns and mini cupcake stands: Petite Party Studio
- Dandelion Stencil: Cutting Edges Stencils