This party holds a special place in my heart. Angelina is the daughter of a couple I went to college with, and was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma Cancer in October of 2010, when she was only 9 months old. She’s had a rough past couple years, to say the least – chemo treatments and hospitals and multiple surgeries. Can’t. Even. Imagine.
It goes without saying, but her mom and dad have had an incredibly difficult past couple years as well. Thank goodness things are looking brighter now! With everything that was going on earlier, Angelina didn’t have much of a first birthday celebration, so Amy (her mom) really wanted to go all out and make her 2nd birthday extra special.
I was honored to style this party and play a small part in helping to make the celebration as sweet as possible. Angelina loves her pink bunny blanket and is Amy’s little angel (her name even says it!), so we couldn’t resist doing a Heaven/Angel inspired theme with a bunny twist…
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Shimmery gold cake pops with edible pearls
– Crafty angel wings made out of coffee filters, hanging on a pink ruffled backdrop
– Bunny rabbits with wings, chevron patterns and halos!
– Lots of fun activities for the kids (custom bubbles, music show, & coloring)
– Fabric flowers with rhinestone centers, ribbon-embellished vases, & lots more…
– I probably spent the most significant amount of time on the stationery elements for this party. I don’t have photos of everything that was designed, but all of the paper details featured clouds, angel wings, hearts, and bunnies. Framed prints of Angelina with decorative heart, star, and cloud borders were all over the party. I thought there really couldn’t be any better decor than pics of the angel herself. :)
– Juice boxes and bubbles were customized with themed labels, and wine glasses were embellished with white marabou boa around the stem. Simple, but very heavenly!
– We made cloud “stir sticks” by hot gluing cotton balls to pink and yellow stripy straws. Super easy & cute!
– The flower arrangements were simple and sweet: ribbon and feather boa embellished mason jars and bud vases from IKEA held monobotanical groups of baby’s breath, light pink roses, and white stock.
– Wooden letters from Michaels were covered in pink glitter and spelled out “Angelina” on the fireplace mantle.
– The coffee filter angel wings idea came from Real Simple. We hung those over the pink ruffle backdrop for some Angel flair. (If I’d been able to squeeze more hours into the day I would’ve hung quilt batting clouds all around the wings like I wanted too!)
– Paige of Paiges of Style was a life saver with this party! I was having kind of a difficult time myself the week before this party was set to happen – both my 6 week old and 2 year old had really bad colds that week and none of us were sleeping at all. I borrowed the ruffled pink backdrop from her, which made a huge statement on its own, as well as the gorgeous cake stand that held the sugar cookies. She also whipped out some of her awesome fabric flowers for me – Thanks again, Paige!
– The dessert table was filled with themed treats like edible image sugar cookies that featured the angel bunny graphic, shimmery yellow upside down cake pops embellished with paper flags, brownie bites dusted with powdered sugar, and pink and yellow macarons that we put on sticks and displayed from a “cloud filled” vase. Little pink paper bags were trimmed into squares, embellished with party circles, and filled with kettle corn, and bowls of pink rock candy added extra sparkle! Quilt batting (for clouds) and strands of translucent pink beads added a nice “heavenly” vibe to the table too.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Event Styling & Graphic Design: Jenn Sbranti / HWTM
– Flowers: Amber Lay / HWTM
– Photography: Dan Fields
– Cake Pops: Cake Ball Love
– Macarons & Edible Image Sugar Cookies: Baked
– Cake: VG Donut & Bakery
– Ruffle Backdrop & Fabric Flowers: Paiges of Style