10 May

Creative & Modern Angry Birds Birthday Party

Angry Birds has not only taken the gaming world by storm, but the party planning world too! Jen of Mesmerizing Moments created this super cool Angry Birds Birthday Party for her son Connor’s 5th birthday. It’s bursting with modern & handmade touches, bright colors, and delicious goodies!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– Colorful 2-tier cake with modern stripes and a fondant {angry} bird on top
– Themed treats like TNT Box Sugar Cookies & gummy worms
– Plush birds and pigs + a blow-up slide for a “live” version of the game
– Super cute & creative homemade angry birds invitations
– Adorable party favors featuring plush angry birds dressed up with party hats!

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jen

Connor is obsessed with Angry Birds, so I knew several months ago that I wanted to throw him an Angry Birds Party, and I knew I wanted to make it more modern. So instead of getting everything from the theme, I chose a few colors and tried to stick with them.

INVITATIONS

I found the digital paper for the invites first, with the wood grain look, and then based a lot from that. I printed the invites through ProDPI (without the bird, just leaving space to add them later) and then I used these files I found online to base my birds from. Using my silhouette machine I cut all the bird pieces I wanted, inked them, them put them together on the invites.

ACTIVITIES

We rented a huge red and blue blow up slide and we had all the plush birds & pigs and boxes out in the yard for the kids to play a live version of angry birds. I also filled about 150 golden plastic eggs with party poppers, balloons, and other little party toys that we had hidden all over the yard, and I purchased these cute little half size egg crates so each kid could find 6 golden aggs. I also had one with a winner ticket for an angry birds lunch box prize :)

EATS & SWEETS

We had the party at lunch time, so I just did a large spread of some fun little finger food recipes I found, and of course had a dessert table for sweets! I knew I didn’t want a cake like all the Angry Birds ones I had seen online, I wanted it to just be modern and simple, and match the color theme with a topper that matched the invites, and Jhoana, from Cake-a-Doodle Austin, made it perfect! I also had the cute little TNT box cookies made from The Cookie Jar, and they were exactly what I wanted, and so yummy! Then I made the cupcakes and other treats, and added gummy worms and candy. I also made all the little tags and cupcake toppers with my silhouette machine.

DECORATIONS & GOODIES

For decoration I just tried to stick with the wood look, and my colors. I used some of the boxes I had purchase for the life size outdoor game, and some wood grain wrapping paper from Paper Source, as well as the giant and regular balloons from various online stores. Most of the stuff was easy, and hand made.

For the goody bags I ordered a bunch of little nests and gave each kid an angry birds 5″ plush, with home made little matching party hats, then a red sucker that I covered with a blue angry birds cutout, a mash’ems toy, and a golden egg with a little angry birds puzzle eraser. I made the little tags myself, and I actually found that red Angry Birds ribbon last minute at Michaels, I was so excited, it was perfect!

I purchased Connor’s shirt from a kids store (I can’t remember which one though) and then I just added the awesome little iron-on from Embellishment Junkies.

VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:

– Photography & Event Styling: Jen Gentry of Mesmerizing Moments
– Cake: Jhoana of Cake-a-Doodle Austin
– Cookies: The Cookie Jar
– Shirt Iron-On: Embellishment Junkies
– Various Party Supplies (plastic clear bottles, straws, egg crates, twine, etc): Sweet Shop Lulu
–Various Party Supplies (giant balloons, straws, little wood clothespins, etc): Pretty Little Party Shop
–  Angry Birds Ribbon: Michaels
– Wood Grain Paper: Paper Source

29Comments

Georgie Skeans Taulbee SAYS:

I am sooooo in love with this! My son would go crazy for this party! Every detail is perfect! Would love to see one of our stands from http://www.cupcake-stand.com in one of your featured parties! Amazing work!

Reply May 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Valencia Cheatham SAYS:

this is cute! :-)

Reply May 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Windy City Novelties SAYS:

This fun game is everywhere! I love how even the birthday boy is wearing a an Angry Birds shirt w the number 5 on it.

Reply May 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

cilalli garza SAYS:

a mi tmb me encanto la camisaaa!! dnn la puedo conseguir??

May 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Catherine Marzilli SAYS:

Cake-a-doddle not only makes cakes that look amazing- they taste yummy too!

Reply May 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Jen Gentry SAYS:

YES!! Soooooo yummy, the orange cream was a HUGE hit!

June 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Jessica Schaub Crump SAYS:

Awesome! We are doing an Angry Birds party this weekend. My son's have the same shirt from Carters.

Reply May 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Chantal Patino SAYS:

where did you get the shirts?

July 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Sandra Reyes SAYS:

where did you bought the plush angry birds? and the nest?

Reply May 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Jen Gentry SAYS:

The plushes are from all over actually, WalMart has them, Target, and the online Angry birds store too, shop.angrybirds.com And the nest was actually an old newborn prop from a few years ago, that I had just lying around :) haha

June 8, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Sol Houston SAYS:

Hi, Jen!

I live in the Austin, TX area and will have my daughter’s Angry Bird party this coming weekend. I’ve looked ALL OVER town and the internet for a basket that looks similar to a nest to recreate your big nest centerpiece but no luck. Would you be willing to sell/lease/loan the one you used? Just the basket or the basket and the bird. I am desperate! ;)

Thanks so much!

August 6, 2012 at 1:10 am

Sol Houston SAYS:

P.S.:
Your post is FANTASTIC. Love the modern touch vs all the ready-made decorations.

August 6, 2012 at 1:17 am

Sol Houston SAYS:

Found it! Williams Sonoma has a nice footed woven bowl that works perfectly. Pricey, but can be used as decor in any room at home. Looks great with five small plush birds instead of the large one. Thanks for the inspiration!

August 6, 2012 at 11:09 pm

MAYRA HERNANDEZ SAYS:

Where can I get that shirt for my son?? i love all these Ideas thanks for sharing

Reply May 29, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Jen Gentry SAYS:

Thanks! The shirt is from Carters, then I added the iron on patch, it’s from Etsy, I think the direct link is above :)

June 8, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Jocelyn Cañasa Brown SAYS:

I'm in the process of planning an Angry Birds birthday party for my two boys this July.. so this is awesome! I just wonder where you got those wood grain blocks for the outdoor games and if you have a photo of how you set up the game? Thanks! This post is awesome!

Reply June 1, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Jen Gentry SAYS:

Thanks! I actually got those blocks on amazon on cyber monday, so they were super cheap! haha I am sure they still have them though, they are actually kids’ building blocks, and they have a lot of sets in primary colors, but if you search you should be able to find the wood grain ones :) Good luck! Hope your party is fabulous, and lots of fun!

June 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm

heather SAYS:

Where did you get the nests for the gift baskets? Your party was so cute! My son saw it and wants one too!

Reply June 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Gisela SAYS:

Hi there. Lots of great ideas, thanks for sharing. I have my sons party coming up in a month and was wondering where you got the birthday t shirt with the number on it??? Thank you so much.

Reply June 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Alexandra Fontanas SAYS:

This is so beautifully done. I was curious as to how well your snack table went ove with the younger guests? I have a finicky 5 year old and I really don't feel good about loading him and the other children up on chips and junk. Your choices were very healthy and most of all modern.

Reply June 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm

elaine SAYS:

hi, Love this!! Do you have a link for the printable used “thank you for crashing my party”?

Reply June 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

Marsha SAYS:

Looking for the favor tag too, awesome party setup!!

June 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Michelle SAYS:

Hi there,

The drinks look beautiful. I was wondering what the blue drinks are? Where can I buy or make them and also where did you get those bottles?

Thanks!!

Reply July 9, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Kari SAYS:

When you say that you ‘inked’ the design in silhouette, what do you mean by that?

Reply July 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Alisha SAYS:

Adorable!! I am planning my sons party for a couple weeks out and my weakness is food. I saw you had pigs in a blanket, turkey wraps, fruit and some veggies… but what else did you serve up and was it a good amount for your number of guests?

Thanks you!!