Royally Sweet Little Prince Birthday Party

little prince birthday party milk drinks

This Little Prince themed first birthday party needs to win some sort of award for “Cutest Use of Milk Bottles”!  Designed by Katie of Petite Social, this celebration would also translate beautifully to a “Little Prince” inspired baby shower.

Little Prince Birthday Party Highlights

In addition to the ridiculously cute crown-wrapped “Majesty Milk”, the dessert table was filled with “royal” treats like bright yellow Prince Cake Pops and a fabulous crown-topped cake. Birthday hats adorned with paper rosettes and fringe trim were another fun DIY touch! Read on for more royally cute party photos and details…

little prince birthday party yellow hat and blue tables

little prince birthday party welcome sign

little prince birthday party yellow cake pops and cupcakes

little prince birthday party cake

little prince birthday party cupcakes and cake pops

little prince birthday party dessert table with blue and yellow

little prince birthday party royal milk bottles with blue and white

little prince birthday party yellow cake pops and dessert table

little prince birthday party smash cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Katie

My client was celebrating her son’s upcoming 1st birthday party and wanted it to be a royal affair. Her requirements, “I want classy, elegant, and there has to be a crown.”

Most of my recent parties have really been vintage, rustic, shabby chic – I can’t help it! So, I was excited to style something a little more simple, clean, fresh, and modern this time around.

I chose to go with a baby blue, white, and yellow color theme. I created a dessert table with simple color coordinated desserts. Cake I Do created a lovely centerpiece cake with the perfect crown for our little prince. The milk bottles were individually wrapped a crown, which I thought was a fun little touch.

The children’s table was covered in bright yellow tablecloth with blue and yellow party accessories. I bought plain yellow party hats and embellished each with some fringed trim and rosettes that I made.

I also created a small table showcasing the Smasher cake and Wishes for Baby sign. Each guest was asked to fill out a wish list for our little prince.

It was a successful event and the King and Queen of the house were extremely happy with how their little Prince celebrated his 1st birthday – in style!

– Event Styling: Petite Social
– Photography: MoxieSox Photography
– Party Printables: Party NV
– Birthday Cake: Cake I Do
– Cake Pops: Custom Cake Bites

20 responses to “Royally Sweet Little Prince Birthday Party”

1. wonderfully sweet! i LOVE the crowns on the milk bottles as well!

2. I love this theme! So precious, and the printables are simple yet elegant, love them :-)

3. Lucia says:

I absolutely adore the decorations. It truly is beautiful and fit for a prince.

4. Allyssa says:

Where did the cake pop holder come from? I must have one!

• April says:

I’ve been able to find them in the kitchen section of Burlington Coat Factory — although I’ve only found red, not white yet

5. Kelly says:

beautiful party!! where did you get the lovely milk bottles? thx

6. Kristy says:

Such a smart idea to use those egg crates from Antrho for the cake pops! I have the blue one, now I have another use besides holding my eggs! Thanks!

7. This is such a cute party idea. I love the cake pops and the tray they are held in along with all the food decorations. Even the milk glasses are decorated. So adorable!

8. April says:

I am doing a theme similar to this for my son’s 1st birthday and am looking for the dish that holds the cake pops. Any suggestions where I could find one?? Thanks in advance!

9. Erika Ellsworth Withee says:

I would to buy several things u have how do I do that

10. Miko JustbeinMe Watkins says:

I love the wishes for baby, are they available to print or do I have to purchase them?

• April says:

I did something similar to those using those DIY wedding invitations from Target. You get $25 of them for about $27. Just copied everything those said on the ones from this blog and they put my own little touch on it. I think they turned out great! Good luck!

11. meenabridglall says:

I love this theme. Can someone tell me what is the blue and white part of the rice krispy?

• April says:

I think she just drizzled the colored chocolate/icing around it. I bought some of the Wilson’s chocolate disks from Walmart; they’re about $2.50 for a bag and I’m trying this. I bought blue and white… hopefully it turns out as great as hers did. I’m doing something similar for my son’s first birthday – he’s also having a prince themed party. I am taking a lot of the ideas from here and putting a personal touch on them.

12. Michelle says:

Where did you get those milk bottles??? Absolutely adorable, been looking for them…

13. Leslie says:

I would love to know about where to buy the milk bottles as well! Very cute

14. Michelle says:

u can get the bottles on amazon mason jars are great too…

15. Tonya says:

where can I get the decorations especially the ones on the hats

16. LaShanda says:

Where did she purchase the cups?