Remember this adorable Aqua & Lace Party from our Party of 5 Post a couple weeks back? Well Anastasia also created a DIY Tutorial on how to make her beautiful and super budget-friendly backdrop! Can you believe it was created from rolls of office supply receipt paper? Pretty clever, right! Here’s what she says:
“For my 4 year old girls birthday party this year I wanted to do something girly and elegant. I had an idea to use ribbons of lace as the backdrop to the dessert buffet, however I couldn’t justify spending that much on the backdrop. I started to think what I could use as an alternative and realized receipt paper is perfect- it’s thin, it’s paper, and it’s cheap. I found a Martha Stewart punch at Joann Fabrics called Flower Bed. It is very much like an eyelet border and eyelet kinda looks like lace right? Either way it turned out amazing!”
Keep reading to learn how to create your own…
RECEIPT PAPER STREAMERS – A DIY TUTORIAL
– At least 1 roll of receipt paper, 2 inches wide (I used 3 rolls because it made things go way faster.)
– Dowel (or something similar)
– 9×13 Sheet
– Pattern Punch (mine was from Martha Stewart)
– Long workspace (I used my kitchen counters.)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Arrange your rolls into a row and stick a dowel through the holes of the receipt paper rows. Put them into a 9×13 sheet or something similar to keep them from rolling all over the workspace.
2. Then lay the paper on top of each other, pull towards the punch and start punching away. For the ribbon to be nice and neat, make sure that all of the rolls are being stamped evenly. The punch has guides to where you need to move the paper to.
3. Lift up the punch once in a while to empty the bottom of all the paper that is being punched out. Use these extras as confetti.
Now get to decorating! ENJOY :)