Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

– Styling: MMJ Events
– Photography: Henry Photography
– Paper: Top That Designs
– Cake: Enticing Icings
– Linens: Connie Duglin

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. Lisa Reed Alldritt says:

Thank you my friend Mara May!

2. Taryn says:

Can you list what the foods served were? Some of them are hard to see… Dish next to the meatballs and the little carrot cups?

3. Natalie Treadway says:

Can you give me a list of the books and foods/deserts you used?

4. Does anyone know what the pasta salad represents? Which book?

5. visit link says:

Happy to find it’s not just me so into chilli sauce!

6. Excellent article Source Webpage. I recently stumbled upon your site and desired to mention that I’ve truly cherished looking the web site articles. In fact I will be opt-in in your feed using this program . intending you are submitting all over again rapidly!

7. Merci pour ce post. Afin d’être pleinement correct, je ne l’ai pas veritablement lu neanmoins je me permet d’de laisser cette explication pour avoir mon backlink pour mon blog. A toutbientôt ;) !!!

8. Hi there, Today by means of Google concurrently while buying very similar topic, your web site came way up, this indicates to get excellent. I’ve truly added onto this favourites|added onto my personal social bookmarks.

9. Cindy Zemble Stewart Cindyzs says:

i blew up the image and typed what i could read into google and found it for you! i never heard of this book, so glad i saw ur post: found book on amazon
    Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola — "Grandma Witch" — is the source for potions, cures, magic, and comfort in her Calabrian town. Her magical everfull pasta pot is especially intriguing to hungry Big Anthony. He is supposed to look after her house and tend her garden but one day, when she goes over the mountain to visit Strega Amelia, Big Anthony recites the magic verse over the pasta pot, with disastrous results. In this retelling of an old tale, author-illustrator Tomie dePaola (whose middle names "is" Anthony) combines humor in the writing and warmth in the paintings as he builds the story to its hilarious climax. … :)

10. Jenn says:

couldn’t get the quiz link to work.

11. Tracey says:

How did you make the caterpillar tissue paper? So cute!!!!
    Please email me the directions

12. They might have bought the 500X purely as-is and it might nonetheless be solid worth
    for the value.

13. Where can I purchase the book card labels

14. Carrie says:

I need a little help…. I just placed an order for the food tents to accompany the food dishes for the storybook themed party. The description stated that when I placed my order, I would be prompted to select 12 food tends and food items at the end of the order process. I was not given this option and now I’m not sure what I will be receiving for my $7.00. Can you please help me? I am new to this and not too sure what I’m doing or how to navigate : /

• jenn s. says:

Hi Carrie –
      You’ll need to send a message to the Etsy shop that you purchased the tent cards from and let her know which designs you want and what foods to put on them. If you haven’t already done that, I’m sure she’ll contact you first because she can’t fulfill your order without that info. :) Once she has all the info, she’ll typset everything for you and send you a high res PDF via email or Etsy message. Hope that helps – and good luck with your party! :)

15. Are the cards printable?