Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

– Styling: MMJ Events
– Photography: Henry Photography
– Paper: Top That Designs
– Cake: Enticing Icings
– Linens: Connie Duglin

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. Rebecca says:

Can I get a copy of the food labels that you created? I love this idea.

2. Can I get the food labels that you created? I love this idea.

3. Kristin Alexandra says:

May I have the food labels that you've created? I absolutely love this shower theme and will be throwing it for my expecting older sister (and teacher). Thank you!

4. Megan McCort says:

What did you do for invitations?

5. Jill Johnson says:

I love this Theme and would like to use this for my own
    Baby shower. Can you tell me how you made the cards on the table for the food that represent the books?

6. L'erin says:

I love the hummus in the pots. What are the pots made of? Where can I purchase them?
    Love this entire spread. Well done.

7. I really love this theme!!! My best friend will love this for her shower too! just a quick question how did you do the little place cards for each individual food? Did you just found the pics online and made them yourselves? Thanks!

8. Kd says:

Super Cute!!!
    The milk with straws (Book- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie) what size glasses and where did you find those straws?
    Also do you have a list of the books you used and food selection for each book?

9. Brenda says:

How did you make the book food cards?

10. Kirstin says:

Were all the books in the baby shower purchased by the hostess or taken out of the library?

11. Angela says:

So adorable! For my baby shower guest brought me book instead of cards and now I can’t wait to do Layla 1st yr birthday party with the same concept but even better and more creative!! Do you have the list of books you used and foods that you created to compliment them? I was curious what take home gift you gave to your guest… I love this! Great job:)

12. Ali says:

I’m going to do this for a friend, but she is avoiding food dyes, we will use all natural vegetable based colors.

13. Bridgett says:

Hi, I’m a first time Mom, and I’m so glad that I’ve found this blog! I love to read, and as a Pre-K teacher, books are very dear to my heart! So you can imagine my absolute delight when I ran across this shower theme while looking for ideas for a book themed shower! Thanks for sharing!!!!

14. Lisa Reed Alldritt says:

I can't find the quiz or the printable food tags. Can anyone help? I tried the blog post.

15. Mara May says:

Lisa the quiz is the blue highlighted link under the first set of pictures on the blog post. Here are the food tents…