Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

Quick Jump To » Vendor Credits | Comments

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

rainbow-dotted-divider-2

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

Vendor Credit
POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. Lacey says:

Can you email me a copy of the quiz? Thanks!

2. Sherry Carnahan says:

Loved this idea! Thank you for sharing. btw what book was used for the pasta salad?

3. Rachel says:

Hi I love this theme! Where can I download or buy or whatever the tags for the food?

4. Rose says:

Great Idea! Could I have a copy of the quiz?

5. Alison Randolph says:

Please send me a copy of the quiz!! I love this idea and I want to have the same shower in August! Thanks

6. Ashley says:

So adorable!! Could you email me the quiz??

7. Nicole says:

I love this idea – we are doing it for my daughter’s first birthday this weekend. Just curious where you got the food cards or how you made them? And what is the orange dish by the pasta?

8. Bina Shah says:

Do you have an image of the invitations?

9. anna johnson says:

do you have instruction on how you “built ” the cake :) It is so awesome!

10. Megan says:

I would also love a copy of the quiz as well too please?

[email protected]

thank you!

11. Gwen says:

Very cute ideas! I did something similar, http://livinginlangley.blogspot.com/2012/01/wild-about-books.html. Love the Swedish Fish for Red Fish Blue Fish. I’ll remember to add that next time!

Book showers are the best, imo!

12. Phyllis Miller says:

Could I also have a copy of the quiz? We do a “book” shower for each of our teachers when they are expecting. This would be a great addition to our shower. Many thanks!

13. Would you be able to email me a copy of the quiz? My son's first birthday is coming up, and I think this would be a fun activity for the adults! [email protected]

14. Hi, could you send me a copy fo the quiz? [email protected] And do you have any pictures of the invitation? Thank you! I love this idea! thank you for sharing. :)

15. Julie says:

I LOVE IT!! My sister is expecting and we are planning a baby shower for her but had no real theme until now. I’d love a copy of the quiz, too!
    [email protected]

16. Love this for our new Liesl whenever she visits us…

17. Planning a Brunch and Books Baby Shower this fall and find your party ideas to be so creative. Have planned the invite to include a cute verse to encourage bringing a children's book instead of a greeting card. Would love it if you could share your quiz with me. [email protected]

18. mindy says:

Could you send me a copy of the quz to [email protected]

19. Shauna says:

Will you please send me a copy of the quizz as well? Thanks so much!!

20. Brandi says:

could you please send me a copy of the quiz too please? [email protected]

21. Mindy says:

Love this party! How did you make the book cupcake toppers and the book table cards? Thanks!

22. Laura says:

I absolutely LOVE this !!! So cute : )
    Could you list all the food that you had with the coordinating book? Its hard to tell some of them from the picture : (

23. Lacee Surina says:

Can you please send me a copy of the quiz to [email protected] ?

24. Karen says:

Please send me a copy of the quiz. Shower in November and I love this theme.

25. Denise says:

I love everything!!! Can you email me a copy of the quiz please? [email protected]

26. Sharon Geel says:

this is beyond perfect for a double shower we are throwing!!
    May we have a copy of that quiz please @ [email protected]?
    Thanks so very much !!! Best to you & HAPPY CREATING !!

27. Jodi says:

This is Absolutely Adorable and beautiful all at the same time!! Love this idea. Been toying around with a Childrens Book Theme Shower and love how you incorporated everything together. I did see you’ve attached the link for the Quiz.. {Great} Would you be willing to share the Book/Food List you used??? ~and~ Would you mind sharing your invitation and/or atleast the wording you ended up using? Thank you sooo much!!!

28. I would love more details about this baby shower. I have a friend that is pregnant and I think this would be the greatest theme for her baby shower.

29. Nancy says:

May I please have a copy of your quiz? Using this theme for my daughter’s and niece’s combined baby shower in a few weeks.
    Thanks so much!

30. Nancy says:

Send quiz to [email protected]
    Thanks

31. Nichole says:

Can I get a copy of tghe quiz? [email protected]

32. Tiffany says:

Is it possible to get a copy of the quiz? We are throwing a shower and have had a hard time finding a good game and this is perfect! [email protected]

33. debbie amey says:

Could I also have a copy of the book quiz for mu daughters baby shower? Thanks ever so much!!!

34. Barbara says:

Can I please have a copy of the quiz? Thank you. Barbara

35. Julie says:

Could u send me a copy of the quiz? This is the theme I was planning for my beat friends baby shower. This is soooo perfect thank you for sharing !

36. Gina Howard says:

Could you please email me the quiz? I am doing this theme for a friends baby shower. I got most of the ideas from here. Adorable! Loved it!

37. Beth says:

Can I please have a copy of the quiz??? This is SO adorable!!

38. Could I get a copy of the quiz as well? [email protected] Thanks!

39. Carolyn Chamberlain Dellinger says: