Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

– Styling: MMJ Events
– Photography: Henry Photography
– Paper: Top That Designs
– Cake: Enticing Icings
– Linens: Connie Duglin

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. Linda Wirta says:

This is the most adorable theme EVER! May I have a copy of the quiz please?

2. Nicole says:

I LOVE this theme and am going to do it for my daughter’s 1st birthday. What book were the carrots and ranch for? What food did you use with very hungry caterpillar? Thanks!

3. Cindi says:

Can I please get a copy of the quiz and also what book did you use for the carrots and hummus ?

4. Mandy says:

Love the Quiz for the book themed party. Could you please email me a copy? Thanks!

5. Mandy says:

I love the cards you have on the tables too by the food. If that’s a printable, could you please email me a copy? Thank you!

6. alyssa says:

Hi everyone! We just updated the post and included a copy of the quiz! It is seriously amazing…

7. Sarah says:

I love your blog post about this – it’s the same theme I’m doing for my girlfriend’s baby shower. Could I please get a copy of the quiz you used? Also can you tell me about the carrots you did. I’m intrigued!! Thanks!

8. Marylou says:

Please email me a copy of the quiz. We are throwing a book themed baby shower and would love to use as a game…Thanks so much:)

9. Madison says:

Im planning my baby shower around the same theme, but im stuck on a simple invitation idea, any suggestions?

10. Brenda says:

Would you be so kind as to email me a copy of the quiz? Thanks!!

11. Keri Beirdneau says:

This is INCREDIBLE! Thank you for sharing. I wish I had seen this when I had my first baby. I would have loved my sister for throwing me this shower. :)

12. allisoncassidy says:

Hello, you have nailed this theme and I am so happy I found you. I was wondering where you got the the little pots for the carrots and hummus. Thanks for your time.

13. Being a cake decorator and on the library board; ideas are clicking.

14. Pam Eckman says:

Love this idea. Our cake maker would not do the cake due to copywrite, so how did you get around that? And where may I go to get a copy of the quiz? Any other game ideas that went over well at your party?

15. Julie Wilcox says:

I love all of the ideas! Could you email me a copy of the quiz as well? Thanks!!