Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

– Styling: MMJ Events
– Photography: Henry Photography
– Paper: Top That Designs
– Cake: Enticing Icings
– Linens: Connie Duglin

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. What a great shower theme! One children’s book addition that would be fun is Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch.

2. Anna says:

How did she make the green deviled eggs? Is it guacamole or food coloring?

3. Aimee says:

BEAUTIFUL.. specially coordinating the food with the books..

4. I love the cake! I love how it’s modern and colorful and has a majority of all kids favorite books.

5. This party is charming. I love seeing the various classic children’s books!

6. Betty says:

Great idea!!! Would work well for a 1st birthday party as well!

7. kaye says:

do you have a copy of the quiz? We are having a book shower for my daughter, I enjoyed your post very much. email me at theriverdaughter (at) gmail (dot) com

8. jennifer says:

will you please email me a copy of the quiz? I am doing a children’s book theme birthday party for my son’s first birthday and this quiz will be fun for all the adults to do at the party! Thanks so much! Love the idea!!

9. arledastewart says:

Sooooo cute!!! Im thinking about using this theme for my son’s kindergarten end of the school year party. I just love this:) Good job.

10. Melissa says:

I adore this party theme! So much fun and so many of my favorite childrens books. Perfect!

11. Kelley says:

I would love a copy f the quiz too!

12. Kristen says:

May I have a copy of the quiz please

13. Heather says:

what a brilliant idea for a party! May I also have a copy of your quiz? I’d love to borrow this theme for my cousin’s shower, if I could!

14. Meg says:

I helped throw a book-themed shower for my friend awhile back. Here are a few pics from her blog:

Such a fun theme. My fav was that for a duckling book tie-in, we filled the pool with rubber ducks. Her mom also put together a quiz where you had to fill in the book names. Oh, and her sister did these really cute library card invites. Adorbs!

15. Cheryl says:

Oh! I LOVE this! I would appreciate a copy of the quiz, also!