Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower

book theme baby shower milk and cake

Update: Meleka was kind enough to send over a copy of her {amazing} quiz! Download it here!

Inspired by the joy of classic children’s books, Meleka of MMJ Events created a whole baby shower centered around a collection of everyone’s childhood favorites.

All the inspiration for the food, drinks, and desserts were taken from each children’s classic book ranging from Milk and Cookies (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Green Deviled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham), Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), Pink Lemonade (Pinkalicious), Moon Pies (Goodnight Moon), just to name a few. Each table was cleverly decked out with it’s own book theme. I’m loving the “Corduroy” table which happens to be one of my favorite children’s books. As a gift, the guests were encouraged to bring their favorite childhood book to share with the mother-to-be and in lieu of a card to write an inscription in the book to both mother and baby.

book baby shower corduroy centerpiece

book theme baby shower milk and cookies

book theme baby shower food table

book theme baby shower cake and green eggs from dr. seuss

book theme baby shower hungry caterpillar

book theme baby shower centerpiece

book theme baby shower caterpillar decoration

book theme baby shower milk and cake

book theme baby shower cake

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Meleka

When I originally spoke with Megan, we knew we wanted to have the guest bring their favorite book as a child with their message inside instead of a card. When thinking about this, I decided to take it a step further and have the whole party be centered around children’s books.

I spend some time at the library going through all the books I enjoyed as a child. Seeing the cover of a book I haven’t thought about in 20 years brought a big smile to my face. I checked out 20+ books and went to work. The inspiration for the food and dessert table all came from details from these old school books. We tested the guests memory with a quiz from 20 of the all time best children’s book.

VENDOR CREDITS:

– Styling: MMJ Events
– Photography: Henry Photography
– Paper: Top That Designs
– Cake: Enticing Icings
– Linens: Connie Duglin

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

148 responses to “Cute & Clever Children’s Book Theme Baby Shower”

1. What a great shower theme! One children’s book addition that would be fun is Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch.

2. Anna says:

How did she make the green deviled eggs? Is it guacamole or food coloring?

3. Aimee says:

BEAUTIFUL.. specially coordinating the food with the books..

4. I love the cake! I love how it’s modern and colorful and has a majority of all kids favorite books.

5. This party is charming. I love seeing the various classic children’s books!

6. Betty says:

Great idea!!! Would work well for a 1st birthday party as well!

7. kaye says:

do you have a copy of the quiz? We are having a book shower for my daughter, I enjoyed your post very much. email me at theriverdaughter (at) gmail (dot) com

8. jennifer says:

will you please email me a copy of the quiz? I am doing a children’s book theme birthday party for my son’s first birthday and this quiz will be fun for all the adults to do at the party! Thanks so much! Love the idea!!

9. arledastewart says:

Sooooo cute!!! Im thinking about using this theme for my son’s kindergarten end of the school year party. I just love this:) Good job.

10. Melissa says:

I adore this party theme! So much fun and so many of my favorite childrens books. Perfect!

11. Kelley says:

I would love a copy f the quiz too!

12. Kristen says:

May I have a copy of the quiz please

13. Heather says:

what a brilliant idea for a party! May I also have a copy of your quiz? I’d love to borrow this theme for my cousin’s shower, if I could!

14. Meg says:

I helped throw a book-themed shower for my friend awhile back. Here are a few pics from her blog:

Such a fun theme. My fav was that for a duckling book tie-in, we filled the pool with rubber ducks. Her mom also put together a quiz where you had to fill in the book names. Oh, and her sister did these really cute library card invites. Adorbs!

15. Cheryl says:

Oh! I LOVE this! I would appreciate a copy of the quiz, also!

16. Linda Wirta says:

This is the most adorable theme EVER! May I have a copy of the quiz please?

Thanks!

17. Nicole says:

I LOVE this theme and am going to do it for my daughter’s 1st birthday. What book were the carrots and ranch for? What food did you use with very hungry caterpillar? Thanks!

18. Cindi says:

Can I please get a copy of the quiz and also what book did you use for the carrots and hummus ?

19. Mandy says:

Love the Quiz for the book themed party. Could you please email me a copy? Thanks!

20. Mandy says:

I love the cards you have on the tables too by the food. If that’s a printable, could you please email me a copy? Thank you!

21. alyssa says:

Hi everyone! We just updated the post and included a copy of the quiz! It is seriously amazing…

22. Sarah says:

I love your blog post about this – it’s the same theme I’m doing for my girlfriend’s baby shower. Could I please get a copy of the quiz you used? Also can you tell me about the carrots you did. I’m intrigued!! Thanks!

23. Marylou says:

Please email me a copy of the quiz. We are throwing a book themed baby shower and would love to use as a game…Thanks so much:)

24. Madison says:

Im planning my baby shower around the same theme, but im stuck on a simple invitation idea, any suggestions?

25. Brenda says:

Would you be so kind as to email me a copy of the quiz? Thanks!!

26. Keri Beirdneau says:

This is INCREDIBLE! Thank you for sharing. I wish I had seen this when I had my first baby. I would have loved my sister for throwing me this shower. :)

27. allisoncassidy says:

Hello, you have nailed this theme and I am so happy I found you. I was wondering where you got the the little pots for the carrots and hummus. Thanks for your time.

28. Being a cake decorator and on the library board; ideas are clicking.

29. Pam Eckman says:

Love this idea. Our cake maker would not do the cake due to copywrite, so how did you get around that? And where may I go to get a copy of the quiz? Any other game ideas that went over well at your party?

30. Julie Wilcox says:

I love all of the ideas! Could you email me a copy of the quiz as well? Thanks!!