Looking for a stylish way to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day this year? Get ready to fall in LOVE with this gorgeous new Chevron Ombre Valentine’s Day Collection by Jessica from Modern Moments Designs.
The collection includes everything from placemats and gift tags to straw flags, candy bar wrappers, and much more (see full list below). It can be used for all sorts of celebrations… from a full-blown love FEST to a sweet & simple family brunch. Fun side note – while she’s designed tons of party stationery before – see here and here and here for starters – this is actually the very FIRST official printable collection that Jessica has released!
After browsing through these lovely pics, I’m thinking that Chevron + Ombre = a design match made in heaven… how about you? ;) Also smitten with the happy pink & teal color palette and the clean, modern feel to both the individual stationery elements and the full table display below…
CREATIVE DETAILS, as told by Jessica…
One day I got this hair-brain idea that I was going to just “throw together” a little Valentine’s Day printable collection. Three days and a big mess later, I finally had my collection done. ;) Since I threw this together so last minute (I’m really not a planner), I had to find everything locally. In addition, I’m also pregnant and didn’t feel like making everything so I ended up buying a few items that I would have normally made. I’m trying to go easy on myself!
I’m totally in love with the ombre look and chevron stripes and wanted to create a collection that was both sweet and stylish all at the same time. I’m really into pink and teal right now and thought those would be the perfect Valentine’s Day colors to focus on! Once I have an idea, the pieces usually start to fall into place.
I wanted a very sweet, yet simple display-nothing too over the top. I put up my backdrop stand which I created for Skyler’s party last year. If you’d like to make your own, here are the instructions. Then I grabbed my drapes from upstairs and hung them to create a soft flowing backdrop. I went to my local hardware store, which shall remain nameless, since I “lifted” 50 or so paint swatches and don’t want to incriminate myself any further. I was inspired by a DIY Paint Swatch Ombre Chandelier that I had seen on pinterest. My plan was to create heart shaped ombre garland which I attached on top of the drapes and was ready to go.
For the table itself, I always start with my fabulous tablevogue table cloth. Then I used my white dish ware and a white picture frame from Goodwill that my husband painted for me. It was the perfect centerpiece. The menu consisted of candy, cupcake cakes, powdered donuts, cookies, and milk- everything sweet just the way I like it.
I had a ton of fun creating candy necklace charms. I thought this would make a fun Valentine’s Day gift. I took my Fiskers Scalloped Heart Shaped Punched out little tags. Then I used my eyelet punch and put an eyelet into the heart and used wire to attach the charm to the candy necklace. Super simple, yet adorable.
- 11″ x 17″ Placemats, one in each color (2 total)
- 4″ x 6″ Mini Signs (4 designs)
- 4.25″ x 4″ Fold over bag toppers (one page of each color)
- 4″ x 3″ Place cards/Food labels (when folded 3″ x 2″)- blank (one page of each color)
- 3″ long Gift Tags (9 designs, one page of each color)
- 2″ Cupcake Toppers/Party Circles (4 designs, 12 per sheet)
- 3″ x 3.5″ Happy Valentine’s Day Bag Labels/Tags
- Double-sided fill in Valentine
- Drink/Straw flags (4 designs, 16 per page)
- Water bottle labels (4 designs, one page of each color)
- Candy Bar Wrapper (2 designs)
- Candy Necklace Charms (6 designs, 3 of each color)
- Printables, Styling, and Photography: Modern Moments Designs
- Chevron Bags, Straws, and Rock Candy : Fancy That
- White Footed Round Bowl, Cupcake Liners: Shop Sweet Lulu
- Table Cloth: tablevogue
- Cookies: Beaverton Bakery
- Cakepops: Modern Moments Designs, inspired by Sweet Lauren Cakes
- Mini White Frames: Ikea
- Heart Shaped Plates: Target