20 Jan

“Stork Express Airlines” Baby Shower

stork themed baby shower

It’s common knowledge that little ones arrive via stork, right? At least it’s common knowledge when you’re still a little one yourself! ;)  And this adorable “STORK EXPRESS AIRLINES” baby shower by Loralee Lewis plays up the charming theory in such a brilliant way!

There are so many whimsical, clever details to admire in this party… from the “Ticketingsign in table and Baggage Claim” favor table – stacked with cute “miniature suitcase” party favors, of course! – to the darling vintage-style illustration of a baby flying a stork. However, my favorite detail has GOT to be the ridiculously creative airline-style boxed lunches wrapped up in white cotton satchels to mimic the look of a “stork delivery“. Too cute!!

stork themed baby shower

Read on for more adorable inflight images + complete party details…

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Loralee

“This party was all about the whimsical idea that Storks are organized into an Airline for Babies… and what it might look like!  We had a blast with all the infant innuendo and putting this one together.  We recreated everything you might find with the airline and put it into the baby perspective.

The party started with ‘Ticketing’, where the guests signed the registry with, of course, a feathered pen.  All stations were prepped with lovely luxe-cut freestanding signs that coordinated with the theme.  The guests then proceeded to the ‘Baggage Drop Off’ where they left gifts.

Guests claimed their ‘Inflight Cuisine’ at the primary table, where we had cake bites and macarons in the appropriate colors, along with, of course, ‘Complimentary Airline Refreshments’ of peanuts and pretzels, prepackaged into their little Incoming Airlines baggies.  The main course was a sandwich and salad that had been boxed in a brown square box, resembling possible cargo, with stickers and stamps on it reminiscent of vintage suitcase travel stickers.  The cargo was then wrapped in a paper bundle receiving blanket cloth that looks to have come straight off the stork’s beak.  We used skewer sticks to prop them into the proper shape.  The final touch was using a large safety pin to attach the lunch tag.

This table was the ‘Baggage Claim’ where guests would pick up their suitcase favor boxes.  Each suitcase favor box had stamps and travel stickers of various shapes and sizes with vintage fonts and faded imagery.  Within the boxes were lovely coordinating stork cookies created by Becky Melton.  The boxes were stacked atop an old leather suitcase we found in a consignment store.

This vintage dresser was stacked with blue and red suitcases filled with the event planner’s gifts for the mother.  It also had sparkling lemonade in bottles wrapped in the coordinating bottle labels and with stripey straws and flags announcing the ‘Early Arrival Date.’  We had Ghiradelli Chocolates wrapped in the theme baby-on-stork labels and chocolate chip cookies in the ‘Original Chip off the Old Block’ label and bag.

Loralee created some ‘Safety Precaution’ cards for advice to the mother from the guests, and it started with a short saying about the ‘When Oxygen Masks Fall, Put Yours on First and Then on Your Child’ and how mothers put themselves last too often, and need to remember to care for themselves first so they can best care for the family.  The next activity was a quiz on a coordinating card asking a number of questions about the baby and parents and mother.”

– Paper & Styling: Loralee Lewis (and Staff)
– Cookie Design: Becky Melton

mAcarmenbelmonte nortes SAYS:

so sweet!!

Reply January 24, 2012 at 5:06 am

Loralee Lewis SAYS:

Thanks to you all for the kind comments and of course to our Editor, Jen Sbranti (and Amber), for the feature! Much appreciated.

Reply January 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com SAYS:

You are SO right! Those boxed lunches are adorable. I love every last detail of this party. Such a fun and ADORABLE theme that could easily be used for a boy or girl.

Reply January 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Soon-2B-aunt SAYS:

This theme is amazing and just what I was looking for… I’m currently planning my sisters shower as well and I didn’t see the stork with the flying pilot baby on the etsy website… Is that something that you will offer soon? The one that is on the vintage dresser on top of the blue suitcases…. Thank you again for this amazing idea!

Reply January 25, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I just feel in LOVE with this Idea! It is absolutely stunning, adorable and so creative! I hope I am half as lucky I’m telling my Mom ASAP since she is planning my over-the-top baby shower for May this year! Thanks for sharing!

Reply January 26, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Dear Loralee, I tried to locate your store on Esty and had no luck. Where did you find those stickers to adhere to the suitcases and all the other items?

March 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

Roxie SAYS:

OMG LOVED ur party! I tried finding those favor suitcases on Amazon like you said, but I can’t find them, can you send me the website you used? Or the name of the company at least so I can look it up? I will really appreciate it =)

Reply January 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

KKline SAYS:

I have that exact brown suitcase!!! how cool!

Reply January 30, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor SAYS:

I LOVE this theme! It is the most creative baby shower I have seen in a long time. The details are awesome and the ideas are fresh. Great party idea!

Reply January 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Jennifer SAYS:

Awesome party idea! Kudos to you. Quick question…what fonts did you use for your collaterals?

Reply January 31, 2012 at 2:59 am

Meghan SAYS:

beautiful!! Such an amazing shower!
I am having a hard time finding those paper suitcase favors. Do you remember the paperie you ordered from? I have googled everything! Any info you have would awesome!!! Thanks

Reply January 31, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Cheri SAYS:

Can you tell me what kind of punch or cutter was used to make those cute little signs? I cannot find anything that looks like that. Been wondering for weeks! Thanks!!!

Reply February 10, 2012 at 11:55 am

Eghe SAYS:

Great idea! Not the normal baby shower theme.

Reply February 20, 2012 at 11:41 am

Diane SAYS:

I LOVE this idea!! I’m throwing a combined shower for my daughter and daughter-in-law next month. I have located the paper suitcases but I’m having a difficult time finding the “baby with flying goggles on the back on the stork”. Where did you find yours . . . and when will your site by up and running?

Reply April 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Cassandra SAYS:

This could possibly be the CUTEST shower I’ve EVER SEEN!! I absolutely LOVE it and am SO jealous that I didn’t think of it myself!!

Reply May 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm