“Stork Express Airlines” Baby Shower

stork themed baby shower

It’s common knowledge that little ones arrive via stork, right? At least it’s common knowledge when you’re still a little one yourself! ;)  And this adorable “STORK EXPRESS AIRLINES” baby shower by Loralee Lewis plays up the charming theory in such a brilliant way!

There are so many whimsical, clever details to admire in this party… from the “Ticketingsign in table and Baggage Claim” favor table – stacked with cute “miniature suitcase” party favors, of course! – to the darling vintage-style illustration of a baby flying a stork. However, my favorite detail has GOT to be the ridiculously creative airline-style boxed lunches wrapped up in white cotton satchels to mimic the look of a “stork delivery“. Too cute!!

stork themed baby shower

Read on for more adorable inflight images + complete party details…

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Loralee

“This party was all about the whimsical idea that Storks are organized into an Airline for Babies… and what it might look like!  We had a blast with all the infant innuendo and putting this one together.  We recreated everything you might find with the airline and put it into the baby perspective.

The party started with ‘Ticketing’, where the guests signed the registry with, of course, a feathered pen.  All stations were prepped with lovely luxe-cut freestanding signs that coordinated with the theme.  The guests then proceeded to the ‘Baggage Drop Off’ where they left gifts.

Guests claimed their ‘Inflight Cuisine’ at the primary table, where we had cake bites and macarons in the appropriate colors, along with, of course, ‘Complimentary Airline Refreshments’ of peanuts and pretzels, prepackaged into their little Incoming Airlines baggies.  The main course was a sandwich and salad that had been boxed in a brown square box, resembling possible cargo, with stickers and stamps on it reminiscent of vintage suitcase travel stickers.  The cargo was then wrapped in a paper bundle receiving blanket cloth that looks to have come straight off the stork’s beak.  We used skewer sticks to prop them into the proper shape.  The final touch was using a large safety pin to attach the lunch tag.

This table was the ‘Baggage Claim’ where guests would pick up their suitcase favor boxes.  Each suitcase favor box had stamps and travel stickers of various shapes and sizes with vintage fonts and faded imagery.  Within the boxes were lovely coordinating stork cookies created by Becky Melton.  The boxes were stacked atop an old leather suitcase we found in a consignment store.

This vintage dresser was stacked with blue and red suitcases filled with the event planner’s gifts for the mother.  It also had sparkling lemonade in bottles wrapped in the coordinating bottle labels and with stripey straws and flags announcing the ‘Early Arrival Date.’  We had Ghiradelli Chocolates wrapped in the theme baby-on-stork labels and chocolate chip cookies in the ‘Original Chip off the Old Block’ label and bag.

Loralee created some ‘Safety Precaution’ cards for advice to the mother from the guests, and it started with a short saying about the ‘When Oxygen Masks Fall, Put Yours on First and Then on Your Child’ and how mothers put themselves last too often, and need to remember to care for themselves first so they can best care for the family.  The next activity was a quiz on a coordinating card asking a number of questions about the baby and parents and mother.”

– Paper & Styling: Loralee Lewis (and Staff)
– Cookie Design: Becky Melton

52 responses to ““Stork Express Airlines” Baby Shower”

1. Roxie says:

OMG LOVED ur party! I tried finding those favor suitcases on Amazon like you said, but I can’t find them, can you send me the website you used? Or the name of the company at least so I can look it up? I will really appreciate it =)

2. KKline says:

I have that exact brown suitcase!!! how cool!

3. I LOVE this theme! It is the most creative baby shower I have seen in a long time. The details are awesome and the ideas are fresh. Great party idea!

4. Jennifer says:

Awesome party idea! Kudos to you. Quick question…what fonts did you use for your collaterals?

5. Meghan says:

beautiful!! Such an amazing shower!
    I am having a hard time finding those paper suitcase favors. Do you remember the paperie you ordered from? I have googled everything! Any info you have would awesome!!! Thanks

6. Cheri says:

Can you tell me what kind of punch or cutter was used to make those cute little signs? I cannot find anything that looks like that. Been wondering for weeks! Thanks!!!

7. Eghe says:

Great idea! Not the normal baby shower theme.

8. Diane says:

I LOVE this idea!! I’m throwing a combined shower for my daughter and daughter-in-law next month. I have located the paper suitcases but I’m having a difficult time finding the “baby with flying goggles on the back on the stork”. Where did you find yours . . . and when will your site by up and running?

9. Cassandra says:

This could possibly be the CUTEST shower I’ve EVER SEEN!! I absolutely LOVE it and am SO jealous that I didn’t think of it myself!!

10. tammy says:

Could you give me the information about the stork and baby??? Are they downloadable or for purchase and if so where?

11. Maritza says:

This is truly a unique idea. Can you please provide me with where you were able to locate the flying baby on the stork!!! I am planning a baby shower for my daughter in law. What a fun and classy shower.

12. Joana says:

Congratulations! You were born to do this! It´s all so cute and well done, love all the exquisite details and colours! Thank you for sharing.

13. stacey says:

Hello Loralee,

I love this idea for a baby shower! I was just wondering where I could find the party favor suitcases because I searched for them on amazon, but I only found the blue ones. Thanks! :)

14. annie says:

i know you have said to look on amazon for the suitcases and even provided a few links. But they are not fornt the ones you used. The links you provide are for sets of 3 in three different sizes. The ones that u used are all the same size. Can you tell us exactly where YOU found the suitcases all the in the same size/color. It’s so funny that there is another travel related party posted on Pinterest and she has same exact suitcases as you and I noticed a few people asking her where she got her suitcases and she didn’t answer the question either…just suggested something similar as you did. But I think what we expect to get as a reply was where exactly did you get them, all the same size and color…per…not a set of three. I mean are we supposed to buy a ton of sets and then only use the smallest ones. That sounds a little odd. What’s the secret…lol

15. Gayle Agg says:

How do I find the prices of all the different stickers. I only want an estimate right now and don't want to put in all of the customized wording. Gayle

16. Theresa Sorensen says:

Love the whole stork theme, would love to have you do all my punches and and designs?We are having a shower feb 2013

17. Adri says:

This is too cute!! What are the white little pouches? What did you put inside!? And where did you get all decorations? And food boxes?

18. Monique says:

Whr exactly can the small brown suitcase boxes be purchased. Their not on Amazon or Etsy?

19. Ana says: