“Stork Express Airlines” Baby Shower

stork themed baby shower

It’s common knowledge that little ones arrive via stork, right? At least it’s common knowledge when you’re still a little one yourself! ;)  And this adorable “STORK EXPRESS AIRLINES” baby shower by Loralee Lewis plays up the charming theory in such a brilliant way!

There are so many whimsical, clever details to admire in this party… from the “Ticketingsign in table and Baggage Claim” favor table – stacked with cute “miniature suitcase” party favors, of course! – to the darling vintage-style illustration of a baby flying a stork. However, my favorite detail has GOT to be the ridiculously creative airline-style boxed lunches wrapped up in white cotton satchels to mimic the look of a “stork delivery“. Too cute!!

stork themed baby shower

Read on for more adorable inflight images + complete party details…

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Loralee

“This party was all about the whimsical idea that Storks are organized into an Airline for Babies… and what it might look like!  We had a blast with all the infant innuendo and putting this one together.  We recreated everything you might find with the airline and put it into the baby perspective.

The party started with ‘Ticketing’, where the guests signed the registry with, of course, a feathered pen.  All stations were prepped with lovely luxe-cut freestanding signs that coordinated with the theme.  The guests then proceeded to the ‘Baggage Drop Off’ where they left gifts.

Guests claimed their ‘Inflight Cuisine’ at the primary table, where we had cake bites and macarons in the appropriate colors, along with, of course, ‘Complimentary Airline Refreshments’ of peanuts and pretzels, prepackaged into their little Incoming Airlines baggies.  The main course was a sandwich and salad that had been boxed in a brown square box, resembling possible cargo, with stickers and stamps on it reminiscent of vintage suitcase travel stickers.  The cargo was then wrapped in a paper bundle receiving blanket cloth that looks to have come straight off the stork’s beak.  We used skewer sticks to prop them into the proper shape.  The final touch was using a large safety pin to attach the lunch tag.

This table was the ‘Baggage Claim’ where guests would pick up their suitcase favor boxes.  Each suitcase favor box had stamps and travel stickers of various shapes and sizes with vintage fonts and faded imagery.  Within the boxes were lovely coordinating stork cookies created by Becky Melton.  The boxes were stacked atop an old leather suitcase we found in a consignment store.

This vintage dresser was stacked with blue and red suitcases filled with the event planner’s gifts for the mother.  It also had sparkling lemonade in bottles wrapped in the coordinating bottle labels and with stripey straws and flags announcing the ‘Early Arrival Date.’  We had Ghiradelli Chocolates wrapped in the theme baby-on-stork labels and chocolate chip cookies in the ‘Original Chip off the Old Block’ label and bag.

Loralee created some ‘Safety Precaution’ cards for advice to the mother from the guests, and it started with a short saying about the ‘When Oxygen Masks Fall, Put Yours on First and Then on Your Child’ and how mothers put themselves last too often, and need to remember to care for themselves first so they can best care for the family.  The next activity was a quiz on a coordinating card asking a number of questions about the baby and parents and mother.”

– Paper & Styling: Loralee Lewis (and Staff)
– Cookie Design: Becky Melton

52 responses to ““Stork Express Airlines” Baby Shower”

1. Letrice P. says:

This is an adorable shower! Would you mind sharing where you purchased the red and brown suitcases? I’m planning a toy/travel shower and those would be perfect! Thanks :)

2. WOW. Stunning party! What a lucky baby! Those little brown suitcases are just adorable! :)

3. Julie says:

Such an amazing original theme and so beautifully executed! Those little white parcels are too cute for words!

4. Love the colors and styling of this party. Amazing!

5. Mary says:

So beutiful. Just amazing. love it.

6. Melanie says:

Wow, that vintage-y theme for the baby shower looks like everything in my baby book. :) All the imagery (stork, etc.). I won’t say when I was born but I will say this makes me nostalgic. ;) Awesome pics.

7. I love this shower and I can’t wait to help plan my own shower. Super cute, creative, and well styled!!!

8. Lidia says:

This theme is just a adorable. We’re planning a similar shower for my SIL that is similar to this and I’m getting ideas for something similar to my kids birthday. I’ve been trying to find suitcases. Can you tell me where you got those blue suitcases?

• Hi Lidia, the suitcases can be purchased on Amazon if you search “Paper Suitcases” you should have a variety pop up. Visit our Etsy store if you’d like to add the vintage stickers and luggage tags.

9. ADORABLE!!! Love love love!!

10. Julie says:

Completely adorable party! I absolutely love it. I’m planning a travel birthday party and would love to know where the favor suitcases came from.

11. Robin says:

Love the little shaped signs! Anyone know if those were hand cut or a punch was used? Where could I get a punch like that?

12. Daniela says:

Cutest babyshower ever!!! I absolutely love it! Amazing work!

13. What wonderful and creative ideas! Love the “Around the World and Heaven Sent”

14. pitterpat says:

The baby shower is very impressive. I would love to know where the favor suitcases came from–so perfect. Was that a friend that did your paper work?Thanks for sharing.

• Hi Pitterpat, the suitcases can be found on if you search “Paper Suitcases” and ALL paperie here can be found on my Etsy store (loraleelewis), thanks for commenting.

15. LOVE this!! Such a unique and clever theme! All of the details are so thoughtful and tie the theme together perfectly! Especially love the color scheme and the fun retro airline vibe!! Great job!

16. mAcarmenbelmonte nortes says:

so sweet!!

17. Thanks to you all for the kind comments and of course to our Editor, Jen Sbranti (and Amber), for the feature! Much appreciated.

18. You are SO right! Those boxed lunches are adorable. I love every last detail of this party. Such a fun and ADORABLE theme that could easily be used for a boy or girl.

19. Soon-2B-aunt says:

This theme is amazing and just what I was looking for… I’m currently planning my sisters shower as well and I didn’t see the stork with the flying pilot baby on the etsy website… Is that something that you will offer soon? The one that is on the vintage dresser on top of the blue suitcases…. Thank you again for this amazing idea!

20. Lia says:

I just feel in LOVE with this Idea! It is absolutely stunning, adorable and so creative! I hope I am half as lucky I’m telling my Mom ASAP since she is planning my over-the-top baby shower for May this year! Thanks for sharing!

• Lia says:

Dear Loralee, I tried to locate your store on Esty and had no luck. Where did you find those stickers to adhere to the suitcases and all the other items?