Adorable Pretty in Pink 1st Birthday Party

Birthday Girl

This gorgeous “Pretty in Pink” first birthday party hosted and styled by Jamielyn of  I {heart} Nap Time certainly “takes the cake” when it comes to all things pink and feminine! Inspired by her adorable daughter’s love of pink, pearls, bows and all things girly, Jamielyn created a magical celebration all girly-girls out there dream of… Everything from the beautiful, pink confections to the pretty pink party decor will leave you feeling like a little princess.

Get ready to be wowed by the pink ruffled dessert table backdrop, not to mention all the fabulous upcycled party elements! Who knew a rusty old chandelier could be transformed into a ridiculously cute pink cake and cupcake centerpiece fit for a princess?!

Birthday Girl, Beverages and Dessert Table

Birthday Cookies

READ ON for lots more sparkling-sweet images and details, including the DIY projects Jamielyn has graciously shared with us…

Invitation and Cupcake

Pretty Pink Cake

Candy and Cake Pops

Dessert Table

Water Bottles and Photo Decor

Birthday Cake

Candy Buffet

Cupcake

Birthday Girl and Dessert Table

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jamielyn

“INSPIRATION

I knew I wanted to go over the top with my daughter’s first Birthday party. This was my first party that I’ve styled and I had so much fun creating the party decor.  The theme I went with was ‘Pretty in Pink’.  My daughter Emmalyn is just about as girly as they come and she LOVES pink. She enjoys trying on my pearls and her bows, so I wanted to tie that into the theme as well. I love to create decor on a budget so I found a lot of the decor pieces from Goodwill and upcycled them with pink spray paint.

PARTY DECOR
My favorite upcycle was an old rusty chandelier I found for $5. I turned it into a beautiful pink cake stand trimmed with pearls. It completed the whole dessert table! You can find the tutorial here. I also turned an old nightstand I found for $2 into a ‘Pretty in Pink’ candy station. I converted some dollar store glass vases by pouring pink paint inside and swirling it around. Then I filled them with fresh pink flowers to add to the dessert table. You can find both of those tutorials here. I also spray painted a bunch of cute funky frames with pink spray paint to display Emmalyn’s photos from her first Birthday shoot.

FOOD/BEVERAGES
For the party we served pink lemonade, club wraps, chicken croissant sandwiches, chips, veggies, fruit and strawberry dip. I poured the pink lemonade  in mason jars topped with citrus flower lids and pink striped straws. I wrapped each jar with ribbon, lace and twine securing it with glue dots.

DESSERT TABLE
The dessert bar was the best part! For the backdrop I hung up ruffle fabric with mounting tape and hung pommettes in the center. I draped the tables with pink fabric and hung the ribbon banner across the front. We had vanilla cake with strawberry filling, red velvet cake pops, royal icing cookies and strawberry cupcakes. I created polka dot favor bags with ribbon and a thank you tag that they could fill with candy. At the candy station we had pink gumballs, sixlets, rock candy, gummy bears, suckers and bubble gum sticks.

ACTIVITIES
For the party we rented a princess bounce house and the kids had a ball jumping while the parents chatted and ate lots of cookies! The kids also had fun tossing balloons and blowing bubbles. Of course the best entertainment of all was watching our sweet girl dig into her first Birthday cake. We all snapped pictures with the Birthday queen and she just kept eating away. We love our sweet Emmalyn and I loved all the details that went into planning her first Birthday. It will definitely be a party to remember.

VENDOR CREDITS:

– Mason Jars lids: We Love Citrus
– Funky Frames: Cut It Out
– Pink Candy: Oh Nuts!
– Pink Tutu and Party Hat: I {heart} Nap Time
– Ribbon: The Ribbon Retreat
– Ruffle Fabric Backdrop: Ruffle Fabric

POSTED BY:Jessica K.JESSICA KIRKLAND is a designer by nature and is always engaged in something artistic.

42 responses to “Adorable Pretty in Pink 1st Birthday Party”

1. Incredibly precious… great work Jamielyn!

2. Rings Dublin says:

So cute, pink is so pretty and perfect for a beautiful birthday girl

3. Adorable! Love all the touches of pink and everything girly!

4. Abbey says:

As always, Jamielyn knocked it out of the park! I LOVE this party. I hope I have a little girl someday so I can do something ultra girly like this ;)

5. Krista says:

So sweet…just love the details! Where did you find that cute cupcake holder that looks like a flower?!

6. Sara Schmutz says:

This is adorable! I am expecting my second girl, so I definitely am going to reference back to this party in a year! It is so cute, delicate and frilly! love!

7. Kirsten says:

Oh My Cuteness!! That is one of the most adorable parties I’ve ever seen. Love love love it x

8. Well, I just want to pin the whole thing. But the first photo of Emmalyn about to dive into her cake is laugh-out-loud funny. Great job!

9. Kaci says:

This is really beautiful!

10. OMG this party is amazing! Pink is my favorite color so of course this party puts me in heaven. I love the invitations with Emmalyn’s pictures. She is adorable.

11. Victoria Smith says:

Oh my goodness!! this is so lovely…i have been searching the internet for ideas for my baby shower! we are expecting a little girl (Chloe) and i LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this party…thank you SO MUCH for including the supply information!!! you just saved me a TON of time and money! i never would have guessed this was done on a budget!!!

sigh, I’m so in love with this! awesome job and AWESOME blog!!!! thank you Hostess!!!

12. Lots of great idea for 1st birthday party arrangement. This blog is very helpful for every party decor company.

13. Sandra says:

One of the cutest parties ever!

14. Mary Schwegman says:

I LOVE this! How did you do the favor bags? Did you attach the ribbon and Thank you card to it, or put it to the side so they can tie it?

15. Maddie says:

Beautiful!!!! Where did you the birthday hat?

16. Leah says:

This is what i envision for my daughters first birthday in May. Thank you for sharing all of the tips. I love the banner that you used for the dessert table. Where did you find that? I’ve looked online but have had no luck.

17. Ashlye says:

I was wondering if there is a tutorial for the hat or if you made them would be be interested in selling one?? Thanks!

18. A.Hilton says:

Sooo beautiful!!! I don’t usually leave comments but this time I must. I love your sense of creativity from the stunning chandelier to the adorable flower vases!! I only wish I had a little girl to try out some of your ideas :) Well done truly stunning!!

19. Lindsey says:

Is the cake used for the pictures a prop? I am looking for one similar to that for my daughter and not having any luck. Can you please direct me to where you got this one? Thank you

• jenn s. says:

Hi Lindsay – It’s a real cake! The bakeries just use a certain frosting tip to pipe big round spiral “roses” all over the cake. It’s actually pretty easy to do! You might just want to take a picture into one of your local bakeries and have them recreate it. Good luck :)

20. Kylie Monroe says:

Planning your child's first birthday can get pretty stressful. Sometimes seeing other people's ideas and hearing about their experiences can help ease the frustration and make it a fun and exciting time for everyone involved. Visit 1st Birthday Party Ideas at http://www.1stbirthdaypartyideas.info for tips to keep the day running smoothly and ideas to make your child's first birthday party an event to remember.

21. Gabrielle Minick says:

I am definately trying the chandelier thing for my daughter's first birthday in september. I am already starting to look around for things to paint pink and use. You have a very creative mind!

22. Amanda Starr Leedy says:

I also have an Emmalyn =) who will be 1 in October and I am planning a Pinkalicious birthday party. These are some fabulous ideas! Hopefully I'll be able to use some of them!

23. stephany says:

I absolutely love this!!! its totally going to be my inspiration for my babies first bday :)

24. I am wondering if I can do a similar theme for my soon to be one year old's bday except in purple?

25. I am wondering if I can do a similar theme for my soon to be one year old's bday except in purple?

26. woow, this is pretty pink and rily adorebo…need do mek one for my dota, but its gona be pretty purple.

27. ALEXA STEWART says:

My little girl is turning 1 on Jan 31. but her birthday party would be the Saturday before and you guys do awesome work. I am located inHamilton Al and I wanted to know if you guys are any where near us?

28. I love everything, it simple yet very girly. I will do something like this because I can't take the confetti looking birthday party options sold at that 'party' store.

29. Jenny says:

where do you get or how did you make her outfits in the pics?? I love the tutu, necklace, and bday hat!

30. Lee says:

Wow it can be a wedding!

31. Ellie says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Where did you get the mason jar covers and the fabric/tablecloth (also what size)? Im hosting my daughter’s 1st party next week!

32. Chelsea says:

Hi Jamielyn! I would like if you could contact me for more info. I love everything about this party! My daughter is turning one in july and actually has the same name. Thanks

33. im going to do my daughters party like this i NEED HELP !!!!

34. Debra Harris says:

This is awesome! Great work!

35. Debra Harris says:

There should have been a checkbox

36. Jessica Townsend says:

Where did the dress come from?

37. Leslee says:

Do you have a tutorial on how to make the pray hat?