09 Nov

{Sponsored Post} Scratch Weddings – Marquee Event DJs

{Sponsored Post} Scratch Weddings – Marquee Event DJs

Everyone knows how important great music is to an event, right? In fact, it’s usually the x-factor that takes that event from “get-together” to full-on PARTY!

And on that note, I’m excited to introduce you to Scratch Weddings today… especially if you’ve got a wedding or big event in the works and are on the lookout for a DJ! Scratch Weddings is the leading provider of highly skilled, experienced and affordable marquee-level DJ talent for weddings & special events. Their wedding DJs have collaborated with major recording artists like Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas and Michael Jackson. In addition to weddings, they also perform at corporate events, music festivals and respected clubs & lounges all over the nation.

One of the best things about Scratch is that they enable couples to select from a number of DJs that are paired to each couple based on their personal style, taste and musical interests. Clients can also access wedding DJ bios, photos, videos and music mixes on the Scratch website, so you can really get all the details and feel great about the person that you’re hiring for your special event!

{Sponsored Post} Scratch Weddings – Marquee Event DJs

Each of the wedding DJs at Scratch goes through a 10 Step Screening Process to ensure that they are highly skilled, highly professional, and love to spin weddings (because it makes all the difference when you truly love what you do!). You can check out full details on the entire screening process here. They also offer a guarantee that includes things like DJ replacement and insurance… which is always great for peace of mind!

{Sponsored Post} Scratch Weddings – Marquee Event DJs

To learn more about Scratch Weddings and check out their work, client testimonials, and more, visit them at scratchweddings.com or on Facebook. You can also follow them on Twitter or at their blog to keep up with the latest happenings and access great music finds and mixes. HAVE FUN!

Note: This is a Sponsored Post.

Comments 9

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

9Comments

Courtney SAYS:

They sound great!! I love the idea of having a marquee DJ at events, cheesy DJs are always a buzz kill :) Thanks for the suggestion HWTM!!

Reply November 9, 2011 at 10:33 am

Susan SAYS:

Sounds like a great service – thanks for the tip!

Reply November 9, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Kari SAYS:

Thanks for sharing! They sound like an amazing company… I’ll have to check them out! Oh, and love they have girl DJ’s :)

Reply November 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm

D SAYS:

Thanks for at least changing this to say “Sponsored Post”. Just disappointed to see so much more advertising and less of the home grown awesomeness that I used to love on HWTM. ~Avid reader since the beginning (though I don’t post much)

Reply November 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi D –

Sharing as much creative inspiration and helpful resources as possible on the blog has always been the goal of HWTM – and remains that way today. At the same time though, please understand that HWTM is primarily run by my husband and I as our single source of family income and we work incredibly hard to continuously feature tons of high-quality content that is completely free for anyone to come and browse at their convenience, day after day – just like you have been doing for what I assume would be years now (since you mentioned that you’re a long time reader). We have bills to pay and a family to support just like everyone else.

I think that sometimes people forget – or maybe don’t even realize – how much time, sweat, and money goes into maintaining a blog or brand that is not just a creative outlet – but actually the sole source of income for a person or a family. I usually work 12+ hour days, 6-7 days a week and often in the wee hours of the morning so that I can still be a big presence in my daughter’s life during the day, so it’s safe to say that I pour my heart & soul into making HWTM the best it can possibly be, which is why both of the comments you posted today (especially the earlier one) struck a nerve and felt very unjust. It might be one thing to “scold” someone that you’ve hired if you don’t like how something is being done – but to do that to someone that has offered a service for free and asked nothing of you in return is a totally different story.

Regarding sponsors, I would never endorse a company that I didn’t truly believe provided a great product or service, and at the same time there’s no way we could survive without our sponsors, who are actually also the only reason why readers are able to enjoy all the NON-sponsored content too – which still makes up at least 95% or more of what we put out there – so very safe to say it’s still the majority of what we do. Without our sponsors, HWTM wouldn’t be around at all because we would be spending our time making a living elsewhere, so we are incredibly grateful to them.

As a people pleaser by nature it’s always disheartening to feel that even one of our readers is disappointed, and I was genuinely upset by your comments today, so at least you can be satisfied in the fact that you were heard and we are listening – but I’m also learning that it’s impossible to please everyone. I do hope you’ll try to consider the big picture next time though – before making it a point to scold another blogger about something that you find bothersome.

November 9, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Jeneration SAYS:

AMEN, Jenn!!! You work so hard to provide so much creative content to inspire so many people. Thank you for all that you do, and it’s no wonder why so many companies want to be a part of HWTM in some way. Keep up the great work, and I hope you get lots of opportunity to make money doing what you do!

Reply November 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm

d SAYS:

Hi Jenn,
I had sent you a private message on FB, but I will respond here since I’m not sure if you got that one.
First off, I’m so sorry that my original comment came off as scolding or hurtful. That definitely was not my intention. I read your blog nearly every day and it’s obvious to anyone who reads it how much love and energy you put into creating it.
My original comment stemmed from my genuine surprise to read a post that I thought was a regular one, but instead was an advertisement. I have no problem with advertising on the blog, but the original post was never disclosed as such. A “{Sponsored Post}” heading was put in front of the title only after my original comment was written and subsequently deleted.
I realize the blog is your source of income and I never suggested that you don’t work hard or that you shouldn’t run ads. I love the creative content, but it seems the lines between advertising, product promotion, and true editorial work are a little more blurred on blogs than in other media. I’m not suggesting you get rid of ads, but perhaps make a clearer disclosure when a post is strictly advertising, or when you’ve received a product gratis to review. In this case, adding the “{Sponsored Post}” label in front of the post title made it clear that it was an ad. I just wish that had been there when I originally clicked on the post.
Again, I’m sorry if I’ve caused hurt feelings, but my comment was only directed at the ad’s lack of disclosure and not about your abilities or your need to make a livelihood.
D

Reply November 10, 2011 at 8:00 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi D –
Thanks for your response…I do understand where you’re coming from and hear the point that you’re making, so we’re on the same page there – I just think it’s become kind of easy or acceptable in general for people to take a much harsher tone when commenting online and trying to get a point across than they might when actually talking face to face with the person they’re addressing. Obviously that’s across the board on the web in general and has sadly almost become standard practice, but that doesn’t make it right. There’s nothing wrong with constructive criticism – I know that it can actually be a great thing when given in the right way.

Anyways, I didn’t receive the FB message but I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond hear as well.

Thanks,
Jenn :)

November 11, 2011 at 6:27 am

Scratch Weddings SAYS:

HWTM, we love your blog and your posts are always very helpful! Thank you so much for showing our service support. Check us out at http://www.scratchweddings.com for more information on the best wedding DJ service around!

Reply July 24, 2012 at 8:27 am