Great photography is something we are constantly striving towards (and struggling with!) at HWTM, and I know that rings true you several of you guys as well… especially at this time of year when family photos and holiday photo cards are on everyone’s to-do list!
So… if you’d like to get a little better behind that DSLR camera of yours, learn how to make lighting work for you, and figure out what some of those crazy looking buttons actually do without putting yourself to sleep trying to read through the manufacturer’s manual – there’s a fantastic eBook by pro photographer Katie Evans that can help! The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer is laid out in a very clean & simple, easy-to-digest format that keeps you from feeling overwhelmed. It’s available in both eBook and hard cover formats, and the writing style is very “conversational” – kind of like you’re in a one-on-one training session instead of suffering through a wordy, formal lecture. Both formats of the book are currently on special for the holidays!
Here’s a quick overview of what the book is all about, directly from Katie:
– “The book is geared toward the person who own a dslr camera and would like to increase their knowledge of their camera and improve the photos they take with it.
– I start out teaching (in simple, easy to understand terms) what exposure, aperture and shutter speed is all about, how they relate and why they are so important to understand.
– I talk about cameras, lenses, and why I use what I use. I discuss camera settings, lighting, composition and I even walk through my whole editing process.
– I expand on difficult concepts with many photo examples, keeping it easy to understand.
– All in all, it’s a great resource for anyone who wants to get down to the nitty gritty and figure out how to take amazing pictures.”
Get full details here: The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer
P.S. Katie also shares lots of great photo tips on her blog!