Spells and Potions Halloween: Creepy Jars & Candy Labels {Free Printables}

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Here are a few more fun {& easy!} Halloween ideas for you from our new SPELLS & POTIONS theme. Everything comes complete with free printables (which you can download below)… from hazardous “potion ingredients” like Eye of Newt and Zombie Brains to creepy candy labels like Venomous Spider Legs and Bat Droppings. Hungry yet? =)

Read on for more pics and links to download the free printables…

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

potions hwtm printable collection

These are super easy to make using any kind of jar – although there’s something about apothecary jars that really adds that “x factor”. (All of these jars were purchased at HomeGoods.) Just fill your jar with “creepy” contents, embellish it with a themed label, and done!

Click here to download jar labels for the following “ingredients”:

Zombie Brains = cauliflower + green colored water
Snake Venom = rubber snakes (from Party City) + black colored water
Bone Dust = white sand
Shrunken Heads = mini styrofoam skulls (from Michaels)
Eye of Newt = canned Lychee fruit filled with maraschino cherries

Click here to download the following labels:
Venomous Spider Legs (black licorice)
Bat Droppings (black Sixlets)
Earth Worms (green & yellow gummy worms)
• Magic Toads (gummy frogs)

Click here to download the 4×6 sign (as displayed above in a white $1 Tolsby frame from IKEA).

Want to see more of the Spells & Potions theme? Check out the full photo album here!

19 responses to “Spells and Potions Halloween: Creepy Jars & Candy Labels {Free Printables}”

1. I’m really loving the green on these. Adds a touch of spooky elegance to the label.

2. Lois says:

Love your style, these are so fun. Thanks for sharing!!!!

3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Oct. 11, 2011. Thanks again.

4. Suzanne says:

Thank you for the printables. I’m going to use some of them for a Harry Potter party this weekend!

5. Love the creativity put into these… and thank you so much for the printables! They’ll definitely come in handy very soon!

6. Anja says:

Super stuff! Thank you for sharing!

7. Anastasia says:

Creepily beautiful! ;) Thank you for giving away the printables for free!

8. Elle says:

Hi, I love these labels and bookmarked them back in October as an idea for my kids vintage mad scientist party this February. Who can I hire to customize the color on these labels for me? There isn’t a link to the designer. So grateful,
    Thank you!

9. Kelli says:

I love the labels! Quick question, where did you find the frame?

• jenn s. says:

Hi Kelli –
      That’s the “Tolsby” frame from IKEA – it’s double-sided and only $1! I use them for everything :)

10. Jennifer says:

Love this idea! Thank you!
    Can I ask where you got the glass canisters?

11. April says:

What are the fonts you used? They would work perfectly for another project I’m doing!

• jenn s. says:

Hi April –

The script font is called “Nelly”, the large serif font is “Trajan Pro”, and the small serif font is “Mrs. Eaves Petite Caps” :)

12. Sheila Iveson says:

Hi, I love your labels but I am having difficulty printing them. They always come out 3 different colors. what am I doing wrong???

• jenn s. says:

Hi Sheila –

Unfortunately I don’t have an easy answer because it sounds like a technical issue and those vary from printer to printer :0 I know this kind of thing is so frustrating though – sorry :( Do you mean that you’re using just one printer and the same file is coming out different colors each time it prints?

13. Sheila Nordman Iveson says:

Hi, I love the labels but can't seem to print them they come out three different colors everytime… Thanks,

14. Heather says:

Thank you for generously sharing these Halloween labels! I incorporated them into our witch’s den decor. I think you’ll enjoy seeing them in use!

Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

15. Megumi says:

I visited here from How About Orage, and printed out the labels. Thank you very much for your sharing. I’m a teacher, and my students complained my classroom is not decorated for Halloween, but this will definately satisfy and impress my eager kids!!! Cool, stylish, unique, and creepy!

16. Gail Pretko says:

I tried printing these and it always ends up as a ERROR!