Sweet “Cake Boss” Baking Birthday Party

Cake Boss Birthday Party Ideas

If you’re a fan of TLC’s Cake Boss or just love baking in general, you are going to LOVE this adorable “Cake Boss” Birthday Party created by Jennifer from Passion for Parties! Not only are all the sweet details super cute & creative (from cupcake liner garlands and chef hat “flowers” to candy topiary trees!), you can just tell that the cute little pint-sized bakers are having an absolute blast… which is what a party is all about anyways, right?

Cake Boss Birthday Party Ideas

Read on for lots more playful images + all the sweet party details…

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jennifer

“Theme:
I was super excited to style this Cake Boss Party because, really, who doesn’t love the Cake Boss?  But even more so, because I’d never seen it done before.  I saw some really cute baking party ideas that I knew I wanted to incorporate, and I had some really fun and unique ideas up my sleeve as well!

Decorations:
My goodness, where do I start?  We completely transformed my friend’s living room into a bake shop.  Using her entertainment center as a focal point, I designed a bake shop ‘storefront’ sign and had it enlarged at a local print shop.  I mounted it on foam board and slid it into the large TV space of the entertainment center.  The side shelves were used to hold baked goods, topiaries made out of cupcake liners, and bakery boxes.

I designed simple little signs that said things like ‘bake’, ‘stir’, ‘sprinkle’, etc., framed them and used them throughout the party space.

I also designed a graphic that said ‘I am the Cake Boss’ and had it enlarged.  It was mounted on a backdrop over a white bookshelf where each girl would eventually have her picture taken with her own decorated cake, wearing baking hats and aprons that they embellished themselves.

Party poms adorned the entire party area for a celebratory feel and a cupcake liner garland was draped along the staircase for a fun touch.

Activities:
Each girl was provided a baking hat with their names on it.  They were given cupcake liners in different sizes and colors and used them to create their own flowers to adorn their hats.

The same ‘I am the Cake Boss’ graphic that was used for the photo ops (mentioned above) was printed on iron-on transfer material and ironed onto the bib of each apron for the girls.  They were given handmade ‘ruffles’ in different colors and patterns and got to decorate their own aprons by using Velcro to attach the ruffles to the apron skirts.

Once they were all dressed with their aprons and hats, they moved on to the cake decorating station.  An 8-inch, fondant-covered white cake awaited each girl, along with many decorating bags of homemade buttercream in fun colors, jars of sprinkles, and fondant shapes.  The girls had a complete blast decorating their own cakes!  Once the cakes were completed, the girls finished off their cakes with mini cake banners that spelled out their names.  (This not only made it easy to know which cake belonged to who…they were the perfect little cake toppers)!

Each girl then posed with their finished cake at the ‘I am the Cake Boss’ photo station and had their picture taken.

Next up was a Cake Boss Challenge.  This was a scavenger hunt type of activity where the girls had to find clues to determine the tasks that they would need to complete for the challenge.  Tasks included things like measuring, mixing, rolling fondant, etc.  The girls LOVED this!

And last but not least, the girls each painted/decorated a picture frame.  The frames were filled with the picture that the girls had taken with their cakes and were sent home in the favor boxes.

DIY Projects:
All of the projects were made by Passion for Parties.  The party poms, the signs, the ruffles for the aprons, the iron-ons for the aprons, the cupcake liner topiaries, the iron-ons for the hats, the cake stands, the birthday cake, etc.  A very big thank you goes to my mom, my sister and my friend (the birthday girl’s mom) for helping with these projects when time began to run out! Check out these Tutorials on the Personalized baking hats, the DIY ruffled aprons, & the Cake Stands. The printables are also now available in my Etsy shop.

Favors:
These lucky girls left this party with some really cool goodies!  Not only did each girl leave with their own 8-inch decorated cake, their aprons, hats, and frames (along with a few other little goodies) were tucked into gift boxes adorned with ribbon and cupcake-liner flowers and sent home with them as well.

Baked Goods:
The ‘bake shop’ was stocked with pink and white brownie bites, white chocolate covered Oreos with edible floral prints, dipped marshmallows, pink snowballs, and pink strawberry bars with white chocolate drizzle.  And of course, the ice cream-themed birthday cake was a big hit.

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Styling: Jennifer from Passion for Parties
– Printables: Passion for Parties
– Cupcake Liners, Bakery Boxes & Pink & White Striped Straws: Bake it Pretty
– Milk Bottles: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Oreo Cookie Mold: Fancy Flours
– Edible Transfers for Cookies: Spinning Leaf
– Hats & Aprons: KNG.com
– Iron- Transfers, Signs, Labels, Invitations: Passion for Parties

Inspiration Credits:
– Hats & Cupcake Liner Garland: One Charming Party
– Flowers for Favor Boxes: Martha Stewart
– Birthday Cake: Abigails’ Bake Shop

53 responses to “Sweet “Cake Boss” Baking Birthday Party”

1. Most adorable party I’ve seen in a very long time : )

2. Adorably cute! love it

3. I am head over heels in love with this party!!! So unique & adorable!!!

4. This is just to die for! So creative and looks like an absolute blast! I’m thinking cake party this year!

5. Thank you so very much for featuring our Cake Boss Party! It’s a dream come true…I’m incredibly honored! :)

6. McCall says:

I had a cake decorating party this time last year for my daughter’s sixth birthday. Such a fun idea! :) http://leemeandthegirls.blogspot.com/2010/09/libbys-cake-decorating-party.html

7. Carrie Rowe says:

WOW! So many fun activities for those girls and it all looked fabulous!!!! GREAT party!

8. I love this more and more every time I see it! You have thought of every little detail! Your talent is amazing!!
    XOXO

9. Lori says:

Love, love, LOVE this! Just showed my daughter and now she wants this for her upcoming birthday party! So so creative. Thanks!! Best wishes for your business :-)

10. Heather says:

This is my fave party!! I so love those ruffle aprons!!

~Heather

11. Maysem says:

Cute! My kind of party:D

12. Megan says:

I loved this party the very 1st time I saw it!!

13. Absolutely adorable!! I LOVE all the little details. The cupcake flowers and garland are just perfect!

14. this party is amazing,,,, congrats to all the people who contributed to put it together, and congrats to all the girls,, and b day girl,,,

15. I love this idea for little girls or big girls. :) How did you do the lolli pop topiaries – are they just stuck in styrofoam balls?

16. SO cute! So many great things about this party! Love the cupcake wrapper garland, the adorable aprons, and the personal cakes with the frames!

17. Carrie S. says:

OMG…..is that a Dum Dum Topiary? Who thought of that? What a freak’in genius….I need a kid to throw a party for pronto!

18. Oh my goodness!! Absolutely adoreable!!! My daughter would love a party like this! Thanks so much for such a cute idea! And great pictures too!

19. I really love your blog.. and the kids are wonderful.

20. As I was a kid before I do love cooking too. I bet that I always experiment into new dishes. It was just so fun. Just like those kids I adore them on how they made that very creative cake designs. Keep it up kids! :D

21. Great theme for kids party. The “cake making” is favorite among lots of girls. And the contest style game is just perfect to keep them busy for a long period of time. Love it :)

22. Heather says:

Just wondering where you got the aprons and chef hats

23. yet again a wonderful idea. I love the cake boss and would love this party too! what a fantastic idea for the kids to get creative. I bet the birthday girl had a yummy time afterwards and the guests took home the biggest slice of cake ever!

24. What an awesome idea! Love, love love! Great idea for a grownup girls party too!

25. chineye says:

this is soooooooooooooo cool!! My daughter is only 7 months & I cannot wait until I can have parties like this for her!!! This idea will never get old :O)

• Alison Murphy Hylton says:

I just thought the same thing! My daughter is 3 months but i can’t wait to have birthday parties for her!

26. Mandy says:

This is so stinkin cute! I Love Love Love it! I have a question though what type of questions did you use for the scavanger hunt?? Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea.

27. Aneta says:

My daughter wants to have a baking birthday party .I have to show her this great photos ! Wonderful inspiration ! Did you have cakes ready for the party or did you bake them together with girls ? and was there a b-day cake on top all those cakes ?? or everyone had a private cake ? I wonder how you approached that issue :)

• Maryke says:

I remember when I was about 10 years old I had a baking party where we baked the cakes from scratch. My mom measured the ingredients beforehand and placed them in little bowls and wrote out simple step by step guidelines for us. We borrowed some kitchen equipment (mixers, cake pans etc.) from neighbors, as well as their ovens :) We each made a simple one layer round vanilla cake. While they were baking and cooling down we were outside swimming and playing. When my mom called us back, she had set out a decorating table with various colors of butter cream icing and small candies. Everyone got to bake, decorate and take their own cake home. We are all about 22 years old now and still remember it as the best party ever!

28. Courtney says:

Am thinking of using these party ideas-what did you use for the party banner holders?
    thanks!!
    Courtney

29. Leigh-Anne says:

If you don’t mind sharing, what all were the activities in the “challenge”? thanks so much!

30. Martha says:

This is a cool birthday party idea for these little girls. Every girl wants to bake a cake and decorate it the way they wanted. I know they all had fun decorating the cakes especially the birthday celebrant.

31. Ryann Kathleen says:

This party is so adorable! And I love your daughter's name :)

32. Becky says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!! I was hoping it was the new trend in a party place, that I could take my daughter to for her birthday!

33. Janet says:

I would love to do this for my daughter’s 8th birthday this year. I don’t understand the scavenger hunt activity though. Could you expand on that a little for me?? Thank you!!

34. Darin says:

I like the adorable party idea very cute ;)

35. Hello Cake World ,

My niece just started baking, and she's just one of those kids who are constantly on her phone or computer. So her father(my brother) and I decided for her college fund and for her entertainment we would put together a cake decorating site for her. I purchased one of these products for her to get started on her Cake Decorating Business she wants to start, She's 15, and she's been in love with decorating since. She wants to own her own custom Cake Design company when she gets older. So when a child has a dream you have to support it, especially when the dream is reachable. http://www.theoutpostwebs.com/cake So I'm not asking for anybody to purchase a thing, but if you have the time to comment please do so. It would mean the world to her. If you have any ideas for her or advise please share on the website. Much appreciated!!! Thanks

36. Diana Connor-Therkildsen says:

I love this party … I am doing something similar this Saturday for my daughter … I am having trouble with a good frosting recipe for piping … can you share your recipe?? please!

37. Omg this is so cute I love it I would do this