Winner Update: This giveaway is now closed. We wish all of you could get a $100 gift certificate to Crate & Barrel, but as always, we had to draw a winner who was randomly selected. And the lucky winner is…Commenter # 29, Courtney, who said, “I adore this shower, I love all the little details – tags, flags, yarn balls – that really bring everything together and polish it off so nicely, I also love the star cheesecake “shots” and have been obsessed with any kind of cake/dessert in mason jars, shot glasses or something that makes it extra special – C&B how do i love thee let me count the ways… currently I am ‘needing’ and lusting after more bitty bite glasses and a bunch of ramekins to serve mini individual chillis both for a campy, woodsy baby shower and also spider cupcake holders – who does not need spider cupcake holders? really now…”
In continuing with our new Goodnight Moon Inspired Baby Shower, here we go with PART 2: The Dessert Table! As with Part 1, there are tons of free party printables for you to download here too in case you want to recreate this theme at home.
The Free Dessert Table Downloads include: mini cupcake toppers, food/drink flags, decorative labels (used on the candy jars & plates), “GOODNIGHT” garland, and small decorative banners, and hanging stars and ribbon banner from the backdrop. You can also purchase the big jumping cow & moon graphics here.
Part 2 also comes with an ADDED BONUS though – a SURPRISE GIVEAWAY, courtesy of Glue Dots! (I used these handy little adhesives extensively to bring this theme to life.) They’re offering up a $100 GIFT CARD to Crate&Barrel, in addition to lots of Glue Dots product & a branded apron… FUN! Entering is easy – see details at the very bottom of this post.
And now for more colorful dessert table ideas & images, followed by creative details & shopping resources…
– The striped table backdrop is actually a shower curtain from Target!
– A navy blue linen worked well with the “night time” theme and provided a nice foundation for the table that really made the bright colors pop.
– I used fishing wire to hang a “cow jumping over the moon” backdrop over the shower curtain. The adorable cow and moon illustrations are by Laura Maples and you can purchase the art file right here at istockphoto.com. Just print and cut them out by hand – you can print as many as you need for the party! Click on the following links to download the coordinating Stars and Ribbon Banner for free.
– The adorable Goodnight Moon inspired sugar cookies were created by The Cookie Jarand feature several elements from the book: cows, moons, stars, red balloons, “Hush” cookies, and scalloped square cookies adorned with cow print and the striped pattern from the bunny’s PJs. Most of the cookies were displayed on a 3-tier server, but I placed a few of them on a red candy-covered plate front & center on the dessert table. They were too cute not to be front & center. =)
– Colorful candy & lollipops were displayed in various apothecary jars and vases. The containers were all embellished with themed accent labels and the same ribbon used throughout the sit-down tables & hutch. You can download the decorative labels right here.
– Yarn balls (also an element the book) were again used as accents throughout the table and really tied everything together. DIY tutorial on the yarn balls coming soon!
– Mini vanilla cupcakes (purchased at Vons – my local grocery store) were displayed on a cute display stand from The Cupcake Tower. I used Craft Glue Dots to edge the display with matching ribbon & accent labels and designed miniature toppers for the cupcakes. You can download the toppers right here. The top of the cake stand was the perfect place to highlight the theme’s inspiration, so a copy of Goodnight Moon + some yarn balls and crochet needles sat here.
– We also made some pastry star-topped Cheesecake Shooters using this tutorial from Carrie at Half Baked. I just LOVE these cute little desserts and they are surprisingly easy to make! (A frosting/piping tool makes it super easy to get the cheesecake mixture in “cleanly”. I have the Dessert Decorator Plus by Wilton, which is $15 and you can find it online or at Michaels.) The shooters are displayed in simple glass votive holders that I bought in bulk at Michaels. (only $8 for a pack of 16)
– Golden and regular Oreo cookies were dunked in red and yellow Candy Melts for another easy (and seriously super yummy!) homemade treat.
– I also made 2 “faux lamps” (also inspired by the book) using pillar candlestick holders, inexpensive lamp shades from IKEA, and a strand of acrylic beads for the “pull cord”. Craft Glue Dots were used to embellish the lamp shades with ribbon & pom pom trim. DIY tutorial coming soon.
– Last but not least, the front of the table is adorned with a GOODNIGHT garland featuring individual letters attached to ribbon for hanging. (Download this garland here.) I also stuck one of the paper ribbon banners to the middle of the finished garland for some added detail.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Party Styling & Graphic Design: Jenn Sbranti – HWTM
– Cow and Moon illustrations: Laura Maples
– Photography: Sonny Sbranti
– Printing: Fedex Office (Print Online feature)
– Sugar Cookies: The Cookie Jar
– Candy (Swirl Pops, Rock Candy Sticks, etc): CandyWarehouse.com
– Striped fabric backdrop: shower curtain from Target
– Giveaway Sponsored by: Glue Dots
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
• Post a comment here mentioning your favorite theme detail(s) or what you’d put your Crate&Barrel gift certificate towards.
• Giveaway ends Tuesday, September 13 at midnight PST and will be announced here once the winner has accepted the prize. (Winners are selected randomly.)