Are these DIY Mini Aprons for Soap Bottles the cutest thing or what?! Thanks to Kristen from Kio Events for the fabulous DIY tutorial on these adorable themed favors/gifts from the 1950’s Inspired Bridal Shower posted earlier today. She also demonstrated these on HGTV’s “That’s Clever!”.
DIY MINI APRONS for Soap Bottles
- Apron template (download the PDF here)
- Rick Rack/Lace
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Machine
- Optional: Paper & Safety Pins
1. Print and cut out the pattern for the apron.
2. Pin pattern to fabric and cut out 2 pieces
3. Pin pieces right-sides together and sew rounded skirt of apron, leaving top open
4. Pull fabric through the top turning it right-side out and iron it flat
5. Hot glue rick rack/lace around skirt part of apron
6. Glue ribbon around top of apron to make neck strap of apron and tuck unfinished part of fabric under and secure with glue.
7. Glue ribbon for waist of apron leaving 2 loose ends that can be tied around apron
8. Glue on final embellishments
9. (Optional if gifting your item) Make up a “clean name” paper tag for your apron and safety pin it to the apron. We’ve used names like “Soapy Sue”, “Clean Cathy”, “Donna Dishwasher”…
10. Put your apron on your dish soap bottle so she is a little lady that can be proudly displayed on your counter next to the sink.