Lulu’s Cowgirl Chic Birthday Party

Invitation, Milk and Farm Fresh Items

Yee-haw parters! Ya’ll ready to see a darling Cowgirl Chic Birthday Party by Jill of Peas & Thank You’s? Saddle on up and ride on over for this adorable birthday bash… it’s creative, colorful, and bound to bring out your inner cowgirl/cowboy!

I’m totally obsessed with the amazing “Lulu” rope backdrop sign. Not only was it hand braided by the hostess herself, it sets the tone of the party perfectly, even making the garage doors part of the party decor. Brilliant! When you have a large space, making it work for you is key and Jill nailed it! And don’t even get me started on the ridiculously cute hen cake balls… I had no idea they were even cake balls until I read the description!

Main Table Cowgirl Party

Other touches that I just can’t get enough of: gourmet “Dirty”Apples {caramel & sprinkles}, hinged milk bottles with regular and strawberry milk, fabulous ruffled table skirt, and all the amazing food. Every time I see a pink ruffle cake, my heart skips a beat! The touch of pink used here makes this western party just girly enough, but not overdone. To think all of this started from a pink pair of cowboy boots!

Name in rope, hats, horse

Keep reading for more darling photos + party details…

Farm Fresh Goodness and Little Chics

Cowgirl Banner and More

Cake, Apples, Food

Cowgirl Pink and White Milk Bottles

Cowgirl Chic Food Table

PARTY DETAILS as told by, Jill

The party featured lots of DIY elements, including a rustic glam covered seating area draped in burlap tied with rag flowers and hay bales to rest on. I also made the display table cloth (40′ of burlap and linen hand ruffled in three tiers!) and a braided rope name hanging. Scraps of burlap and fabric from the girls peasant skirts were used to make country grapevine wreaths and a banner as well. I also fabricated some of the custom serving ware like the fruit and veggie trays (wooden trays from Home Goods and western candle holders from Real Deals) and utilized a craftsman made tree trunk sliced shelf for the cake.

I also served mini apple and cherry pies inspired by Bakerella, s’mores pops that the kids LOVED, and the cupcakes featured glittery southwest toppers made by The Purple Pug. The adorable wire hen egg display is from Hobby Lobby and was perfect for the pearl decked hen cake balls are from Terri’s Party Treasures.

The barrel cooler is a tree planter from Home Goods adapted for old fashioned soda bottles, and the kids were served chocolate and strawberry milk in vintage hinged bottles from Hobby Lobby. The Farm Fresh crate was a fabulous find at Real Deals (a local catch all housewares and furniture warehouse) and was used for gourmet candy apple favors. I made the apples myself in three varieties – Dirty Apples (caramel and jimmies), Cattle Snickers (caramel, chocolate and peanuts) and Gimme S’mores (marshmallow fluff, chocolate and graham cracker crumbs). I tied the apples with tags made to match the custom invitations (both made by me).

Believe it or not, the perfect ruffle cake was created by the grocery store decorator at my local Publix Supermarket – following Martha Stewart’s instructions – and was the first one she had ever done!

We had a darling petting farm come for the event and they brought tons of bunnies, chickens, ducks, goats to feed, a stylin’ mini horse named Lola, and Mack the horse for pony rides. I also had some little activities set up for the kids to play “Snakes in my boots!”, hot rattlesnake, and shoot water guns for target practice.

The birthday girl (Lulu, 4) and her sister Neenie wore custom patchwork twirly skirts and personalized tees from Baa Baa Baby Boutique.”

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Invitations, Event Styling, & Rope Sign: Peas & Thank You’s
– Cupcake Toppers: The Purple Pug
– Cake Balls: Terri’s Party Treasures

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

41 responses to “Lulu’s Cowgirl Chic Birthday Party”

1. love this! beautiful colors!

2. lisa brakebill says:

Cutest thing EVER!

3. Erika Moore says:

Oh My!! Super cute! I love everything about this party!

4. Absolutely adorable party and the vintage/shabby-chic decor is fabulous!

5. sami says:

i’m bookmarking this right now! every detail is perfect for a texas party! the pies! the milk! love it.

6. Beautiful and so charming. So many astounding handmade deets. The “Lulu” rope name is extraordinary. I cannot believe Jill made that tablecloth!
    Gorgeous, dreamy and brilliant.

7. Goodness gracious! What a CUTE party! This Texas girl likes the chic cowgirl look. =)

8. I Do Declare says:

TOO CUTE! I love the food and the rope “Lulu” is just perfect!

9. Beyond flattered! Thank you so much for all the kind words, this party was a dream come true for my little cowgirl ♥

10. Lacee Fletcher says:

Love this cowgirl birthday party! an idea for next year ;)

11. Doralee says:

You people AMAZE me!!!!! This party is just incredible–what a blessed little girl!!! so clever and creative!!

12. Stacy says:

This is really cool! I love the invitations! Were they printed on canvas or paper? I’m just wondering because I see they were actually sewn to the burlap. Awesome rope sign and little chick cakes too!

13. I fell in love with this party from the day I saw the invites! Outstanding team and the design is perfect! Love it girls!

14. I agree with Natalie, fell in love with this party when I initially saw the invites. Jill did a wonderful job styling this party and it is filled with so many awesome details. You can tell she really put her heart into it and made the birthday girl day special : )

Congrats on the feature Jill!

15. Terri says:

I love everything about this party. The rope, HELLO AMAZING!!! So happy to have a little part of this party!! GREAT job!

16. Leslie says:

LOVE the invitation!!

17. Love the injection of pink in with the ‘traditional’ brown and white cow-combo; a quick and easy way of putting the ‘girl’ into ‘cowgirl’ – and it must be admitted, it’s one of my most favourite colourschemes that I love promoting; vanilla-chocoalte-strawberry… so Neopolitan Icecream – yummy!

18. Mindy says:

Love the name from rope and the ruffle tablecloth – pinning :D

19. Diana says:

WOW!!! what a beautiful tastful little girls party. I was looking for inspiration for my Daughter who is turning 6 and I found so much here. Your little girls are adorable also.

20. Lauren vergara says:

I had a question I LOVED the invitations how can I ger those or make them

21. I love that you got the cake from Publix!! They are our favorite grocery store.

22. Heather says:

Just wondering if you could provide some instructions on the rope (name making). Would love to do this for my daughters party next month (Nov).

23. janine says:

I love those cowboy hats-where on earth did you find them!?!?!? they are much nicer than the ones i find on party supply sites!!!

24. Cheryl says:

Your party set up is darling! Your cake decorator did an amazing job!

25. Melissa says:

Ok- exactly how did you harden the rope to create the letters?? I have heard of corn starch but don’t know for how long to soak and how to dispose of the lquid when you are done?? This is adorable, adorable, adorable!! :-)

26. janine says:

does anyone know where i can find cowboy hats like that!?!?!?

27. KRISTEN says:

LOVE THE INVITES… CAN YOU SHARE WHERE YOU GOT THE INVITES AND/OR CLIP ART?

28. Janine says:

It really sucks that Ive had to ask 3 times where these hats came from and still have no answer-im trying so hard to make an awesome party and cant find anything like it -_- ugh

29. How do you make the rope name? What is used to harden the rope?

30. Carol White says:

I love everything about the party. I am getting ready to do a cowgirl party and would love to know how you made the name with rope. What type of rope was used and how did you get it to stay in place. Thanks so much for your help.

31. Heather says:

you mentioned the games you had for the kids to play, could you explain briefly how to play them? (the rattlesnake & snake in my boots games) thank you!

32. Amy McFarlin says:

where did u find the pink and brown hats?

33. Erica says:

Hi I’m having my daughter a cowgirl theme birthday party in 2 weeks. Can you please tell me how did you make your daughter’s name with rope?

34. Sara says:

Like so many before me…I am wondering how to make a name with rope? Please share your technique, I’d really appreciate it.

35. Laura says:

Yes, where or where did you get these hats?

36. Jennifer says: