We have such a fun DIY Tutorial to share with you today…complete with a free printable template! This Step-by-Step Paper Sunflower DIY was created by Fara of Little Things Creations – who also happens to be the creative mind behind the western-themed Toy Story Inspired Dessert Table posted earlier today.
These would make such cute centerpieces or accent decor for everything from baby & bridal showers to birthday parties, harvest parties & more. Get the step-by-step instructions below…
STEP by STEP Paper Sunflower
1. Download and print the pdf template on white card stock.
2. Cut out the petals and fold each right in the middle.
They should look like this after folding:
3. Punch out the big circle with the 3″ scallop craft circle punch.
4. Punch or cut out the 2″ circle (or use a circle cutter).
5. Cut out the leaves with scissors.
6. Glue each petal to the 3 inches scallop circle one petal between two waves.
It should look like this after the first layer is done:
7. Make another layer of petals behind/in between the top layer of petals, like this:
8. Glue the 2″ circle right in the middle of the sunflower.
9. Almost finished! Give the flower some extra detail by folding the tip of each petal.
10. With a low temperature glue gun place a dot of glue in the tip of the 16″ hardwood stick to attach the ribbon.
11. Cover the entire stick with ribbon, then glue it at the end to secure.
12. Place another dot of glue or double-face tape behind the sunflower to attach the stick.
13. Glue the paper leaves to the stick.
14. Your final product! A beautiful paper sunflower, which you can use to decorate your Western theme table (just like I did on this Toy Story inspired table!).