Sprinkled with Love: A Modern Baby Shower

Modern Baby Sprinkle - Sprinkled with Love

I’m so excited to be “sprinkling” a bit of inspiration on you today with this “SPRINKLED WITH LOVE” baby shower hosted by Seanny of My Creative Vision! With Seanny’s best friend Kim expecting a second child, and she wanted to steer clear of the traditional baby shower themes and decided to go with a fun, modern vibe based on the trend of hosting a baby “sprinkle” vs. a baby “shower” for expectant moms who’ve already been blessed with having children.

Modern Baby Sprinkle - Sprinkled with Love

I love that Seanny took the concept of a baby “sprinkle” literally and built an entire shower theme around it. Every detail of the shower was sprinkled with sprinkles. The invitations included confetti sprinkles, the dessert table backdrop was created to mimic sprinkles and all of the desserts were sprinkled with candy toppings cupcakes, ice cream, donuts, cookies and even the rims of the beverage glasses.

The theme is clever, modern and versatile for any party you may be preparing to host. Keep reading for all of the fabulous details sprinkled throughout this fabulous baby shower.

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Seanny

Inspiration
“Last Saturday I co-hosted a Sprinkle party for my best friend Kim. This will be Kim’s second baby and after I did some researching to get inspiration for the party, I found out that the second shower is called a Sprinkle…not a full on Shower, just a little Sprinkle to show that we care.  So after I found this out, the ideas came pouring into my head and I told my friend I would handle the dessert table and decor for the party. I decided I wanted a party that was different from the first shower I threw her. That party was definitely more baby, with diaper cakes and games and baby shower decor. I wanted this one to be more modern and a party for the girls to mingle and chit-chat while eating high calorie foods.

I’ve known Kim since College, we are both designers and both love photography, design, weddings and a good party. Kimmy is also the one that always bombards me with all these fun blogs to read about, such as Hostess with the Mostess and Kara’s Party Ideas and introduced me into the world of Amy Atlas and the candy and dessert buffets. So for sure I knew I wanted a dessert table. And once I was inspired by a ‘Sprinkle Party’ I knew that all the desserts were going to have to have Sprinkles on top and I was going to have as many sprinkles as I could possibly have at a party.

Invitations
Of course everything starts with the invitations. I wanted it to be simple and modern and I used the colors that I knew were Kim’s favorites at this time. They were printed on both sides with the stripes continuing onto the back of it. And for an extra touch, I decided to add little punched out sprinkles in matching colors, into the envelopes, so that the recipient would get some sprinkles in the mail with their invite.

Dessert Table
Onto the dessert table. I wanted the background to match the invitations, so I punched out circles in different sizes and in the colors that matched the invite to create the Sprinkle Effect. I had vanilla cupcakes with lemonade frosting with sprinkles, sugar cookies with sprinkles, donuts with sprinkles and a ice cream buffet where you could sprinkle on your toppings…told you this party was high in calories! For drinks we had sparkling lemonades in champagne glasses that was rimmed with yellow sprinkles.

Party Favors
And for the favors I found cute salt shakers at beau-coup.com and filled it with lemon heads.

Additional Party Details
I can’t take credit for the flower arrangements, I enlisted the help from my mom for that…she was a life saver, since I don’t do flowers. I can buy all the stuff, but that’s as far as I can go, luckily she was here to help me make them look extra cute.

It turned out to be a great party. I couldn’t do it without the help of my co-host Sandra I., who handled the rest of the food that didn’t have sugar in it.  Thank you for also letting us invade your home and letting me rearrange your backyard. And thank you Sandra T. and Karina for helping me set up and for making that cute sign, because for some reason I still don’t own a Cricut. Congratulations Kimmy…we can’t wait to meet the new little guy soon!!! xoxo, Seanny”

VENDOR CREDITS:
Invitations & Party Design & Decor: Invitation Parlour
Photography: My Creative Vision
Straws & Cupcake Liners: The Bakers Confection
Sprinkles: Do It with Icing
Favor Containers: Beau-Coup

POSTED BY:Jessica K.JESSICA KIRKLAND is a designer by nature and is always engaged in something artistic.

32 responses to “Sprinkled with Love: A Modern Baby Shower”

1. Michele in IL. says:

wow, this is amazing, fun, great colors! Love the sprinkled edge glasses with the straw/names! Love the whole theme and all the details!

2. Jessica says:

Love this “sprinkle” idea!

3. Leslie says:

Ohhh my! This is SO cute and such a great idea!!!

4. liz says:

Very creative theme, everything goes so well together!

How did you do the cupcake wrappers? Are there 2 of them and cut certain ways or what?

Also what is on top of the cupcake stand? Those yellow balls/flowers? Looks very cute!

Thanks for sharing!
    Liz-CoolProducts

5. Cici says:

I love the colored ice cream cups. Where did you find those?

Cici

6. Seanny Lieu says:

Hi Liz, there are 2 cupcake wrappers for the cupcakes, one I baked in and then I placed the cupcake in the second one. The flower arrangements on top of the cupcake stands are called Billy Buttons.

Hi Cici, I bought the ice cream cups at Michaels, but they didn’t match, so I wrapped them with the paper that matched the party.

Thanks everyone!

7. I love the theme. It’s so appealing.

8. diana says:

Hi i wanted to know on what kind of string did you attach the cut out circles on

9. Seanny Lieu says:

Hi Diana, I hung the circles on fishing line.

10. Sonia says:

lovely party! Just curious, did you say no gifts on the card? or did people bring presents? thanks!

11. Jean Rounsville says:

Where did you get the yellow and grey napkins?

12. Jean Rounsville says:

Love your ideas. Question on the mini cupcakes, did you bake them without the papers and then add them later?

13. Jean Rounsville says:

You answered my question earlier on, it just didn’t look like they were baked in the scalloped papers, I thought the batter would run between the scallops.

14. Nikki says:

I’ve been to a couple of “second showers” recently and had no clue they are usually considered “sprinkles.” Love all of your decorating and food ideas!

15. Angela says:

hi i was wondering where you found your sign and also the sprinkled with love that were on tthe party favors and the little signs in the cupcakes

16. Jenny says:

Can you share what is in the bottom of the flower arrangements? It looks like rice, but I would think that would expand.

17. Becky O says:

Where did you get the containers for the ice cream? Or what specifically are they called. I can’t find them anywhere and I LOVE them!

• Seanny says:

I found the containers at Michaels, but I think it was a seasonal item. It wasn’t the right color, so I wrapped them with the matching paper I already had on hand. Maybe you can find plain white containers and wrap them to match your party.

18. Shary says:

Love the Sprinkle theme and Idea! very creative.. thanxs for sharing..
    Wanted to know how the dangling cutouts were made or purchased.. i checked on the “Invitation parlour” but it doesnt show you how it was done or if there’s an option to purchase like the rest of the decor.
    please share.

• Seanny says:

I made the background with a circle punch and fishing line. Punched out different sized circles and taped them back to back with double stick tape. The easiest way is to hang about 5 fishing line on a door way and arrange the circles, then hang another 5 fishing lines next to the ones you made already and duplicate the arrangement. When you have all 10 done, and randomly hang them, they look like as random as sprinkles would :)

19. arnettte gonzalez says:

Hi!! Beautiful ideas!! love the theme and colors!! Question, what is in the small centerpieces with the single flower?

20. carole nguyen says:

Where can I purchase those icecream spoons and cups!

Love the idea and planning on having a sprinkle in March!

21. Danielle says:

Hi! Can you tell me what you placed in the bottom of the glass “flower pots”?

22. Nisha says:

I love the design and idea! How did you create the pattern/design for the cupcake toppers? Do you have the design on file for purchase?

23. Missy says:

How did you get the sugar to stick to the cup and the color not run? We are trying to do it with black sugar but it keeps running. Did you use a particular type of sugar?

24. patience says:

i love the sprinkle idea

25. Crystal says:

Please Jessica… HELP! I am throwing a sprinke shower for my Best friend and want everything I see here! Already ordered most but I can not find the adorable Sprinkle Decor you have. ( the gray, yellow and blue circles that you hung on fishing string) Did you purchase it that way or make it? And if you made it, do you remember where you purchased the paper? PLEASE HELP! I’ve looked everywhere.

26. I just wanted to say that I loved this Sprinkle theme and featured it on a recent blog post of mine. Have a great day!

27. Tracy says:

How did you hang the decorations on fishing line?

28. Darlene says:

Where did you get the sprinkled with love round labels for the jars?

29. Christina says:

Hey! This looks so beautiful, where did you get your sign? I would love to order that for a sprinkle I’m throwing