Are these Stars & Stripes Cheesecake Shots DARLING or what?! The super-talented Carrie of Half Baked was kind enough to share the full recipe and instructions with us today…just in time for 4th of July!
You could easily tailor these pretty little treats to other occasions though too… from bridal showers to birthday parties to Christmas parties. I can definitely see the red & white version making an appearance at our house during the winter holidays this year… maybe with white chocolate peppermint cheesecake and a mini candy cane garnish! Am I really talking about Christmas already on July 1st? Yikes! =) Getting back to the upcoming holiday, read on for the festive Independence Day tutorial…
Stars & Stripes Cheesecake Shots
by Carrie of Half Baked
– 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
– 1/3 cup + 1T sugar
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla
– 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
– 8 – 10 graham crackers
– Fresh Berries
– Finely crush graham crackers
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until smooth. Gently stir in cool whip until well blended.
Fill individual glasses half way with cream cheese mixture, either using a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a large round tip for a more polished presentation. Top with 1 tsp graham cracker crumbs. Shake glass to level crumbs. Fill to the top with more of the cream cheese mixture. Lightly sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs and top with berries. Add a star pastry for an extra fun little touch.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve chilled. Makes roughly 16 mini servings, depending on the size of your shot glass.
– Use a Ziploc bag to fill glasses if you don’t have a piping bag. Just fill it partially, seal and snip off one corner. Squeeze out!
– Set out cream cheese ahead of time so that it is room temperature. This will help everything blend together and create a smooth consistency.
– Serve with a bowl of berries and additional Star Pastries for a patriotic display.
Recipe and Photography by Carrie Sellman of Half Baked