Good Ole Fashioned Ice Cream Party

Fancy That Ice Cream Dessert Table

I’m just giddy writing about this incredible Good ‘Ole Fashion Ice Cream Party, styled by Lisa of Fancy That, who I have the wonderful pleasure of knowing! Lisa has an adorable shop setup inside Bliss Bake Shop, a local cupcakery in my hometown! Her products are super colorful and creative (also available online) and it turns out, she is a fabulous stylist too!

Every “sweet” detail of this party was styled to perfection. One of my favorite details is the upside down ice cream cone cake which is as adorable, as it is delicious. It’s the perfect focal point for this darling dessert table. I’m even loving how the sundae toppings are styled so beautifully! The color pallet is bold, vibrant, and blissful . One of my favorite party tricks is pre-scooping ice cream into individual portions like Lisa did, so they can be handed out quickly and easily. Oh, and don’t forget about how cute the label is around the ice cream cups! I could go on and on. . .

Ice Cream Toppings

Read on for more delicious photos + party details. . .

Adorable Ice Cream Cake

Fancy That Ice Cream Details

Yummy Ice Cream Toppings

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Lisa. . .

“There is something special about ice cream.  Put it together with a mini toppings bar and the result is plain old fashion fun!  I have been wanting to do an ice cream shoppe themed party for awhile so I decided to put together a thank you party for my girlfriends and their kiddos.  My way of saying thanks for all of their support of my business.

I asked Bliss Bake Shop to create an ice cream cone cake and they came up with the most adorable cake!  Guests were able to create their own ice cream sundae which was a huge hit.  The toppings bar included hot fudge, caramel sauce, cherries, sprinkles, peanuts, and mini chocolate chips.  There was also a selection of yummy ice cream sandwiches.  For a craft, kids colored their own ice cream themed placemat – customized with their name.”

VENDOR CREDITS:
– Party Styling: Fancy That & Inkberry
– Ribbon: Ribbon Revelry
– Paper Goods: Fancy That
– Cake & Venue: Bliss Bake Shop

POSTED BY:Jessica W.JESSICA WILCOX of Modern Moments admits to being kept awake by new creative ideas.

19 responses to “Good Ole Fashioned Ice Cream Party”

1. Creative CAKE! LOVE THAT!
    Nothing better than ice cream and a party.
    Very cute!

2. Sweet! That cake looks so yummy…

3. Tywana says:

This is absolutely gorgeous, and it looks so fun! However, I wouldn’t want to be present at clean up time :-) Thanks so much for sharing. I know children would get a kick out of this one. Shoot, adults would love this! :-)

4. Heather says:

How adorable! The bright colors make everything feel so festive and fun! What a creative idea for a cake as well, very cute!Heather

5. Al says:

Who can resist a party like this! Love the fun toppings, and the arrangements too. Ice cream rules! http://www.skylarkmanor.com

6. Love the idea of an ice cream ‘bar’ with all the self-serve toppings. I have done a hot dog ‘bar’ and chili ‘bar’ for different gatherings with a variety of toppings that go great on those things. Even though I only served one main thing (to help keep costs down) my guests loved fixing up their chili and hot dogs as they pleased.

7. Patty Love says:

Wow.. I’m totally into this! This is so visually and taste appealing :)

8. Lisa says:

Thanks so much for the feature!

9. bunny says:

That cake has been circulating around Pinterest for a while. It looks fun.

10. WOW, this is so different, so simple….but WAY cute! Love it!

11. Amazing cake! I adore the cone idea :D

12. This is so adorable! And so simple! I’m just wondering how doesn’t the icecream melt..

13. katrina says:

one word: yummmmm

14. stacy says:

So grateful for your site. I am giving a party for my in-laws 50th Anniversary and I am so nervous. Your site has given so many wonderful ideas. THANK-YOU!!!!

15. Jim says:

Those goodies look so wonderful. Are they hard to make?

16. Frances says:

These look amazing!

17. latobia says:

BEAUTIFUL! One question… How didn’t the ice cream melt? Was this out the whole party?

18. Candice Smith says:

My new favorite Website!!!! I could look at ideas all day. Love, love, love all the great ideas.

19. Kimburlicious says:

Awesome!!! I need to recreate this for my 4 year old’s Ice Cream Party spectacular/ Fresh Beat Band Party in April. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!