16 May

Summer BBQ Theme + Free Party Printables

Summer BBQ party ideas

Looking for a creative way to celebrate Memorial Day… or another outdoor summer get-together? Good! Because we have a new Summer BBQ theme for you today, complete with ideas for a Make-it-Yourself hot dog station (which keeps things easy on the host!), creative & affordable food presentation ideas, and free BBQ themed printables…(scroll down for download links).

This theme is super easy to pull togetherpromise! Aside from the shopping, which we did most of the day before, the entire theme that you see here and here was put together & shot in a single dayincluding the design of the free party printables!

Summer BBQ party ideas

One of my favorite elements from this shoot was a $7 plastic picnic tablecloth that I picked up in the camping aisle at Target. We used this one tablecloth to embellish everything (from vases to soda bottles to the drinks tub) and still had so much left over!

I also loved using corn chips as filler for the corn-on-the-cob sticks and Hot Dog Sign display… probably because the method for putting these together seemed to be one handful of chips for the vase, one handful for my mouth, one handful for the vase, one handful for my mouth… you get the picture. =)

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Check out full details and more pics at the full theme gallery… click here or on the image below to visit.

FREE BBQ THEMED PRINTABLES – Download Links:

(click on a link to download the high-res pdfs. ENJOY!)

Blank Food Labels (can also be used as Place Cards)
Water Bottle Labels
“Drink Up” Sign
Hot Dog Recipe Signs
“Make Your Own Hot Dog” Sign

49Comments

Leigh SAYS:

Hi there, this is the cutest idea. We’re doing a carnival theme for my daughter’s b-day with a hot dog machine and this will go together perfectly. One question: where do you get those Plexiglass boxes that the mustard are on?

May 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Mai SAYS:

Hi- I downloaded the printables in Adobe Reader. I cannot edit the blank hot dog labels. How do I edit the labels?

May 24, 2011 at 6:14 am

[email protected] SAYS:

As always this is another amazing post! I just shared the link on my blog.

May 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Jessica G SAYS:

Adorable….love the details!
Nicely Done.

May 31, 2011 at 7:00 am

Suzanne DeVeau SAYS:

Hi! Looking for School Bus Driver gift ideas and/or printables. Having a tough time finding anything. Thanks.

June 10, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Rachel SAYS:

June 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Jennifer SAYS:

I think this site reads my mind sometimes.
I have been toying with the idea of a hot dog party for a bit now. I came on here to get inspired, and WHOO HOO!! All my work is already done!! Of course you have a few ideas that I would never think of, like the chips to hold the signs. (love it) My neighborhood party next week is going to ROCK and you have taken a huge burden off of me with all of these printables. Thanks so much!

July 7, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Heidi Summers SAYS:

Hey I cant seem to get them to print for free it says i need to subscribe to scrib anyone else have this problem or know how to download? I love these and want to use for a party this weekend! Thanks :)

July 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

Kathryn SAYS:

Parties like this are why I never want Summer to end!

September 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Jeroldine Owens SAYS:

beautiful

May 29, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Shawna SAYS:

I’ve had my eye on these printables for quite some time — Wanted to use them for my daughter’s first birthday in a few short weeks :( Can anyone tell me where to find these? The link does not work!

June 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Shawna – So sorry for just now seeing your comment! I’m working on fixing the broken link right now (thanks for the heads up!), but in the meantime you can download everything for free over on scribd. Here’s the link: http://www.scribd.com/collections/3027941/Summer-BBQ-Hot-Dog-Station-Theme :)

June 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

Valerie SAYS:

Wow just found your blog and it is amazing. You are one very creative lady. Is it possible for you to update this awewsome hot dog theme so it can still be free. I don’t know if you know that when you use scribd the items are only available for free for a minimal time and then they charge. I think it’s quite unfair when a creator offers something for free and it is not. I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee if the creator and not the company was getting the money. That’s why I use google docs now for my downloads. Thank you again for sharing. God Bless. Mrs. Valerie [email protected]

July 2, 2012 at 10:00 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Valerie –
Thanks for the heads up! I just updated the post to include links for the downloads – you’ll find them at the very bottom… for FREE! ;) Enjoy!

July 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Heather M Paetsch SAYS:

This is going to make my b-day party awesome

July 24, 2012 at 5:03 am

Bethany SAYS:

Thanks for the free printables! I will be using them at my husband’s fundraiser on Thursday! He is running for State Rep of our area.

August 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Crystal Clements Teeter SAYS:

I am using these amazing printables for a family reunion at my house this weekend. I am so excited! Thanks for making my life a little bit easier!

August 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Crystal Clements Teeter SAYS:

Also FYI I found the baskets at walmart. The package included 8 baskets, a ketchup and a mustard bottle and the red and white checkered parchment paper for only $5!

August 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm

iradolin SAYS:

Hi there, I hope you see this – does anyone know how to edit the blank ones? I need them for tomorrow! Great design, great idea, great party! :)

September 7, 2012 at 7:41 am

Buzzandzurgsmom SAYS:

I know this is an old post but hoping you’ll see this. Any chance you’ll make a California dog and Chicago Dog ‘recipe’ sign? Oh please? The signs are just darling, but we can’t have a hot dog party without a Chicago dog!!!!! Thanks for considering it :)

May 27, 2013 at 6:18 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Buzz and Zurgs mom! We do custom orders in our Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hwtm. Just message our team and we’ll be happy to help you out!

May 29, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Buzz and Zurgs mom SAYS:

Oh thank you!!!! Off to check it out :)

May 31, 2013 at 6:27 am

Rosana SAYS:

The link for the downloads are not working or are not available anymore!

May 30, 2013 at 9:47 am

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Rosana! They should all be working, they show up for me. Try reloading your page and if that doesn’t work try another browser. Let me know if you still can’t access them.

May 30, 2013 at 10:25 am

Shawna Williams SAYS:

Trying to see if downloads are still available.

June 27, 2013 at 10:27 am
Apologies, commenting is now disabled for this post.