Summer BBQ Theme + Free Party Printables

Summer BBQ party ideas

Looking for a creative way to celebrate Memorial Day… or another outdoor summer get-together? Good! Because we have a new Summer BBQ theme for you today, complete with ideas for a Make-it-Yourself hot dog station (which keeps things easy on the host!), creative & affordable food presentation ideas, and free BBQ themed printables…(scroll down for download links).

This theme is super easy to pull togetherpromise! Aside from the shopping, which we did most of the day before, this entire theme was put together & shot in a single day – including the design of the printables!

Summer BBQ party ideas

One of my favorite elements from this shoot was a $7 plastic picnic tablecloth that I picked up in the camping aisle at Target. We used this one tablecloth to embellish everything (from vases to soda bottles to the drinks tub) and still had so much left over!

I also loved using corn chips as filler for the corn-on-the-cob sticks and Hot Dog Sign display… probably because the method for putting these together seemed to be one handful of chips for the vase, one handful for my mouth, one handful for the vase, one handful for my mouth… you get the picture. =)

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

FREE BBQ THEMED PRINTABLES – Download Links:

(click on a link to download the high-res pdfs. ENJOY!)

Blank Food Labels (can also be used as Place Cards)
Water Bottle Labels
“Drink Up” Sign
Hot Dog Recipe Signs
“Make Your Own Hot Dog” Sign

49 responses to “Summer BBQ Theme + Free Party Printables”

1. Brandy at Simply Creative Insanity says:

Love it all! Must have a BBQ STAT!

2. Al says:

this is such a fun idea. Love the corncobs on the sticks :) http://www.skylarkmanor.com

3. Erin says:

Love love love this!! I’ve been looking for something to do for my sons birthday and this is perfect!!!!

4. HiLLjO says:

SO cute!!! Love the colors. Very summery for all season but SUPER perfect for the 4th!

5. Kristen says:

So much fun in these ideas! The corn kabobs are adorable!

6. This is an amazingly fun idea, just looking at the photos got me all hungry and excited for a great party!

7. Julie says:

OMG! I was going to serve chicken fingers at my son’s summer birthday party but forget that! – now it’s got to be a hot dog buffet for sure! Please tell, I must know – where can I buy the red and yellow plastic food baskets???

8. Rhonda says:

This makes me so happy, since my son’s 2nd bday party (memorial day weekend) is revolving around a hotdog bar and red gingham! My favorite find has been little plastic hot dog boats from the dollar store.

9. Catherine says:

LOVE THIS! The only thing missing is the New York-style dogs! ;-)

10. Suze says:

Love this party theme – have been planning a farewell to summer bbq here in Australia but love this… thanks for making parties so easy!

11. renee says:

LOVE this … thank you for the printables!

12. It all looks great. I love the build your own hot dog bit and the little baskets for your food. There has been so much effort go into this and it really does show!

13. The potato salad portioned out into individual cups is a great idea! So cute and thanks for the printables!

14. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on May. 17, 2011. Thanks again.

15. So cute!! I love how you think of every detail, like the corn chips as filler! Where did you get those white ceramic rectangular vases? Looks like a great staple to have for any party!

16. Mae says:

LOVE this theme! You’re really wonderful :D

17. michelle says:

I love this site!!! My one and only “complaint” – you just make we want to have a party every weekend! One idea is cuter than the other! I find myself planning parties just to use the idea!

18. Leigh says:

Hi there, this is the cutest idea. We’re doing a carnival theme for my daughter’s b-day with a hot dog machine and this will go together perfectly. One question: where do you get those Plexiglass boxes that the mustard are on?

19. Mai says:

Hi- I downloaded the printables in Adobe Reader. I cannot edit the blank hot dog labels. How do I edit the labels?

20. [email protected] says:

As always this is another amazing post! I just shared the link on my blog.

21. Jessica G says:

Adorable….love the details!
    Nicely Done.

22. Suzanne DeVeau says:

Hi! Looking for School Bus Driver gift ideas and/or printables. Having a tough time finding anything. Thanks.

23. Jennifer says:

I think this site reads my mind sometimes.
    I have been toying with the idea of a hot dog party for a bit now. I came on here to get inspired, and WHOO HOO!! All my work is already done!! Of course you have a few ideas that I would never think of, like the chips to hold the signs. (love it) My neighborhood party next week is going to ROCK and you have taken a huge burden off of me with all of these printables. Thanks so much!

24. Heidi Summers says:

Hey I cant seem to get them to print for free it says i need to subscribe to scrib anyone else have this problem or know how to download? I love these and want to use for a party this weekend! Thanks :)

25. Kathryn says:

Parties like this are why I never want Summer to end!

26. Shawna says:

I’ve had my eye on these printables for quite some time — Wanted to use them for my daughter’s first birthday in a few short weeks :( Can anyone tell me where to find these? The link does not work!

27. Valerie says:

Wow just found your blog and it is amazing. You are one very creative lady. Is it possible for you to update this awewsome hot dog theme so it can still be free. I don’t know if you know that when you use scribd the items are only available for free for a minimal time and then they charge. I think it’s quite unfair when a creator offers something for free and it is not. I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee if the creator and not the company was getting the money. That’s why I use google docs now for my downloads. Thank you again for sharing. God Bless. Mrs. Valerie [email protected]

• jenn s. says:

Hi Valerie –
      Thanks for the heads up! I just updated the post to include links for the downloads – you’ll find them at the very bottom… for FREE! ;) Enjoy!

28. This is going to make my b-day party awesome

29. Bethany says:

Thanks for the free printables! I will be using them at my husband’s fundraiser on Thursday! He is running for State Rep of our area.

30. Crystal Clements Teeter says:

I am using these amazing printables for a family reunion at my house this weekend. I am so excited! Thanks for making my life a little bit easier!

31. Crystal Clements Teeter says:

Also FYI I found the baskets at walmart. The package included 8 baskets, a ketchup and a mustard bottle and the red and white checkered parchment paper for only $5!

32. iradolin says:

Hi there, I hope you see this – does anyone know how to edit the blank ones? I need them for tomorrow! Great design, great idea, great party! :)

33. Buzzandzurgsmom says:

I know this is an old post but hoping you’ll see this. Any chance you’ll make a California dog and Chicago Dog ‘recipe’ sign? Oh please? The signs are just darling, but we can’t have a hot dog party without a Chicago dog!!!!! Thanks for considering it :)

34. Rosana says:

The link for the downloads are not working or are not available anymore!

• alyssa says:

Hi Rosana! They should all be working, they show up for me. Try reloading your page and if that doesn’t work try another browser. Let me know if you still can’t access them.

35. Shawna Williams says:

Trying to see if downloads are still available.