Summer BBQ Theme + Free Party Printables

Summer BBQ party ideas

Looking for a creative way to celebrate Memorial Day… or another outdoor summer get-together? Good! Because we have a new Summer BBQ theme for you today, complete with ideas for a Make-it-Yourself hot dog station (which keeps things easy on the host!), creative & affordable food presentation ideas, and free BBQ themed printables…(scroll down for download links).

This theme is super easy to pull togetherpromise! Aside from the shopping, which we did most of the day before, this entire theme was put together & shot in a single day – including the design of the printables!

Summer BBQ party ideas

One of my favorite elements from this shoot was a $7 plastic picnic tablecloth that I picked up in the camping aisle at Target. We used this one tablecloth to embellish everything (from vases to soda bottles to the drinks tub) and still had so much left over!

I also loved using corn chips as filler for the corn-on-the-cob sticks and Hot Dog Sign display… probably because the method for putting these together seemed to be one handful of chips for the vase, one handful for my mouth, one handful for the vase, one handful for my mouth… you get the picture. =)

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

Summer BBQ party ideas

(click on a link to download the high-res pdfs. ENJOY!)

Blank Food Labels (can also be used as Place Cards)
Water Bottle Labels
“Drink Up” Sign
Hot Dog Recipe Signs
“Make Your Own Hot Dog” Sign

49 responses to “Summer BBQ Theme + Free Party Printables”

1. Brandy at Simply Creative Insanity says:

Love it all! Must have a BBQ STAT!

2. Al says:

this is such a fun idea. Love the corncobs on the sticks :)

3. Erin says:

Love love love this!! I’ve been looking for something to do for my sons birthday and this is perfect!!!!

4. HiLLjO says:

SO cute!!! Love the colors. Very summery for all season but SUPER perfect for the 4th!

5. Kristen says:

So much fun in these ideas! The corn kabobs are adorable!

6. This is an amazingly fun idea, just looking at the photos got me all hungry and excited for a great party!

7. Julie says:

OMG! I was going to serve chicken fingers at my son’s summer birthday party but forget that! – now it’s got to be a hot dog buffet for sure! Please tell, I must know – where can I buy the red and yellow plastic food baskets???

8. Rhonda says:

This makes me so happy, since my son’s 2nd bday party (memorial day weekend) is revolving around a hotdog bar and red gingham! My favorite find has been little plastic hot dog boats from the dollar store.

9. Catherine says:

LOVE THIS! The only thing missing is the New York-style dogs! ;-)

10. Suze says:

Love this party theme – have been planning a farewell to summer bbq here in Australia but love this… thanks for making parties so easy!

11. renee says:

LOVE this … thank you for the printables!

12. It all looks great. I love the build your own hot dog bit and the little baskets for your food. There has been so much effort go into this and it really does show!

13. The potato salad portioned out into individual cups is a great idea! So cute and thanks for the printables!

14. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on May. 17, 2011. Thanks again.

15. So cute!! I love how you think of every detail, like the corn chips as filler! Where did you get those white ceramic rectangular vases? Looks like a great staple to have for any party!

16. Mae says:

LOVE this theme! You’re really wonderful :D

17. michelle says:

I love this site!!! My one and only “complaint” – you just make we want to have a party every weekend! One idea is cuter than the other! I find myself planning parties just to use the idea!