The first time I stumbled upon this colorful, creative, and wonderfully whimsical wedding in Jesi Haack‘s portfolio I seriously gasped (as in audibly). I can’t imagine any other reaction to that amazing paper flower/pinwheel/kite installation on the ceremony arbor though… can you? =)
Beautifully captured by Ashley Rose and coordinated/designed by Jesi Haack, this gorgeous & unique Kite-Inspired Wedding is full of lovely, playful details (including a handcrafted “kite guestbook” and party blowers!) and – simply put – looks like a complete blast! Check out the fun, eclectic look to the tables and the fabulous balloon rainbow backdrop behind Sweet & Saucy‘s dessert buffet!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jesi…
We started with a kite. And BOY, did Posh Paperie NAIL it! They even were complete with a cute kite “tail” that came off of the invite! LOVED THEM!
Crisp, white linen scattered with colored bird houses, and vintage milkglass full of whimsical florals by JL Designs.
My Sweet & Saucy’s amazingness (as usual) with a backdrop of helium filled balloons creating our color scheme and funky decor style.
Hand crafted kite, covered in vintage fabric. We also cut a bunch of strips of fabric for the guests to “sign” and then tie to the “tail” of our kite. LOVED IT.
TONS of handmade pinwheels, flowers, kites, and more covering the altar. Sweet floral print fabric lining the aisle and pinwheels on sticks lining the chairs. Mr. Haack was KEY in the ceremony decor installation. It would NOT have come together so beautifully without him.
Party Favor: You wouldn’t have known it, but this was a 4th of July wedding, so I snuck in some fun party blowers. I also sneakily handed them out to the bridal party to blow loud and clear when the newlyweds had their first kiss in the ceremony. It ended up being one of my favorite aspects of the wedding!”
- Photographer: Ashley Rose Photography
- Coordinator & Designer: Jesi Haack Weddings
- Floral Design: JL Designs
- Cake & Desserts: Sweet & Saucy Shop
- Invitations: Posh Paperie
- Venue: Chateau Le Dome at Saddlerock Ranch
- Hair and Makeup: Heather Donahue (Guy Matthew’s Salon in Agoura)
- Bridesmaid Dress: all the girls picked their own (Maid of Honor’s is Betsey Johnson)
- Hairpieces: Custom made by Jesi Haack
- Groom Suit: Tommy Hilfiger, Ties: Countess Mara from Overstock.com
- Cinematography: Doug Traer