26 May

Modern Beer Tasting Birthday Party

beer tasting 30th birthday party

You had me at “Beer Here“…and I’m just loving everything about this BEER TASTING birthday party by Ashley. The concept is so simple, but super fun! What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday and sample a bunch of unique beers all at the same time!

From the cool signage and pub food, to the amazing bottle cap cake – (great minds think alike, I had a similar cake made for my hubby’s 29th birthday!) – to the fully stocked drink stations, Ashley incorporated every guy’s favorite things: BEER and FOOD. She obviously knows the way to a man’s heart!

beer tasting 30th birthday party

Read on for more festive party photos and creative details…

Set up & Tap

Beer Tasting Invitation

beer tasting 30th birthday party

Dessert and Details

Beer Snacks

Empty Bottles

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ashley…

“I had a beer-tasting party for my husband’s 30th birthday party.

The concept was simple: guests brought a 6-pack of beer in one of the following categories: ale, lager or stout/dark.

Each station was in a different area of the house, and people were free to try whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Each station was equipped with cups, napkins, a bottle opener, place for beer caps, and a place to take notes about beers they loved or hated. The sample cups gave people the opportunity to pour some of the beer into a cup, instead of drinking the entire bottle. We also had a pony keg of a Kansas City local favorite (Boulevard Wheat) on tap.

We ended up with about 15 different beers at each station, and it was a fabulous time. We plan on turning this party into an annual Octoberfest event!

For food, I did a bunch of bar food type appetizers – buffalo chicken dip, taquitos, jalapeno poppers, chicken enchilada dip, beer dip, etc. Downstairs I did a snack bar with spicy nuts, mixed nuts, pub mix, tobassco popcorn and seasoned oyster crackers. At the dessert bar was cake, mini cupcakes and brownies. The bottle cap cake was rocky road with cookies ‘n’ cream filling. The mini cupcakes were strawberry, lemon, carrot and peanut butter. And the cream cheese brownies were made by my amazing grandmother!

My favorite pictures are from the day after, when we lined up all the empty beer bottles on the bar.”

– Party Styling & Graphic Design: by the party hostess – Ashley!
– Cake & Cupcakes: Cake by Combs
– Napkins: ForYourParty.com

Kelly SAYS:

I love all of your ideas and how classy it turned out even with it being a beer party, looks amazing! May I ask where you purchased the glass bowls that hold the snacks or what that type of bowl is called? Also, where did you get the signage? Everything looks so nice :)

Reply July 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Jennifer SAYS:

I found those type of glass bowls the other day at Garden Ridge – they were $10 each….:)

July 23, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Jennifer SAYS:

I absolutely love this idea! I am going to do this for my husband’s 30th as well. Like someone asked before, would you be willing to share/charge a small fee for the invite graphic and printables?…I would TOTALLY appreciate it – on a budget and you would make my day…well actually my whole month! My daughter’s 1st birthday is 10 days before my husband’s so I have alot of expenses coming my way.

PS – I have a friend who has an amazing recipe for Guinness Beer cupcakes, I’ll share with you if you are interested :)

Reply July 23, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Gina SAYS:

Great idea…looks like a great evening with friends and family. Were can I find The “Beers to Remember” note pad?

Reply August 8, 2011 at 9:20 am

Kate SAYS:

Love this idea! Just wondering if you made the invitations yourself or had them printed.

Reply September 22, 2011 at 11:23 am

Rachel J SAYS:

I just found your blog and what a treat to find this post on the beer tasting birthday party. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and can’t wait to use your ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Reply October 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

Megan SAYS:

Ashley, I would like to second Jennifer’s request for the invites, note pad & signage. Please let us know if you are willing to sell copies of these items! Thank you so much!

Reply January 22, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Nicki SAYS:

I too would like to request the invites, note pads, and signage! I would be willing to pay for these items, please let us know if you are willing to share these items.

Reply February 26, 2012 at 9:59 am

LaNeale Robertson SAYS:

I am echoing the last few comments. I am doing this party and would love the printables. I am willing to pay as well. Thanks!

Reply February 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Katie SAYS:

I too am having a beer/pub party for my brother in laws 30th and would be willing to pay for the printables and signage. Has any one found them or has Ashley shared?

Reply April 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Ashley Jean Schermer Pettit SAYS:

Where did you get the glasses that held the popcorn, nuts, pretzels, etc.

Reply April 30, 2012 at 4:52 am

Annie SAYS:

Hi! I love your ideas for a beer party! I found the invitations on Etsy, but where can I find the other signs? Thank you! :)

Reply June 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Debbie Lucio SAYS:

Great theme! Do you have a link to print out some of the signs you used?

Reply July 10, 2012 at 2:52 am

Kelly SAYS:

We are planning a Beer Tasting Bon Voyage party for my husband… he’ll be gone for 6 MONTHS!!! I love your ideas! Thanks for sharing. Did you create the invites yourself?

Reply November 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm